Not that I know of- that date came from Snowtime.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAppalachian Ski Mtn.tagged by marznc, 9/29/16
- itemBeech Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 9/29/16
- itemBlue Knobtagged by marznc, 9/10/16
- itemCanaan Valley Resorttagged by marznc, 9/29/16
- itemCataloochee Ski Areatagged by marznc, 9/29/16
- itemHidden Valley Resorttagged by marznc, 9/29/16
- brandLaurel Mountaintagged by marznc, 9/10/16
- itemLaurel Mountain Ski-Resorttagged by marznc, 9/10/16
- itemMassanutten Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 9/15/16
- itemSeven Springs Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 9/29/16More
- itemSnowshoetagged by marznc, 9/10/16
- itemSugar Mountain Ski Areatagged by marznc, 9/29/16
- itemTimberline Four Seasons Resorttagged by marznc, 9/29/16
- itemWintergreen Resorttagged by marznc, 9/29/16
Related Forum Threads
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best value Mid-Atlantic resort? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:40pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Semi Official Southern MidAtlantic NC, TN, VA Meet Em and Ski Em Informal Gatherings and... Last post on 10/9/13 at 6:25am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mid-Atlantic Gathering 2016-17 Discussion Last post on 9/28/16 at 5:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
Laurel Mountain Now Set To Open in 2016
Last edited: 3/23/15
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Massanutten - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/9/15
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to LearnLast edited: 3/8/14
- Beech Mountain, NC Local Guide to Highest Elevation in the Eastern USLast edited: 3/8/14
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 759/28/16 at 2:28pmThread Starter
There's been quite a bit of discussion on DCSki about whether or not Snowshoe was continuing as part of the Resort Swap perk for season pass holders. It's finally clear that Snowshoe is not included. The places still working together are 7Springs, Hidden Valley, Blue Knob, and Wisp.post #63 of 759/29/16 at 8:22amThread Starter
Beech is having an early season sale on season passes. Starting Oct. 3, the first 200 passes will be sold for $400. The regular price is $525 for an adult.
Beech finally created a separate terrain park on a side trail with a separate surface tow, snowmaking, and lights. That means Lower Powder Bowl will be an open trail for everyone else now that the terrain park won't be in the middle any more. The area was cleared several years ago but other additions and upgrades took priority.post #64 of 759/29/16 at 5:27pmThread Starterpost #65 of 7510/1/16 at 9:30amThread Starter
Important addition. The Ski Liberty Ski Patrol Swap has moved to Princeton Sports in Columbia, MD on October 30:
Oct. 1: Ski Haus in Annapolis
Oct. 1: REI Member Sale (most locations)
Oct. 1-2: Alpine Ski Shop in Sterling - benefits Timberline Ski Patrol
Oct. 1-2 World Cup - Mechanicsburg PA
Oct. 8 Bikles' Hagerstown MD
Oct. 8-9 Mountainside Sports Mechanicsburg PA
Oct. 15-16: Liberty Mountain Fall Fest has a swap
Oct. 22: Whitetail Festival Ski and Board Swap
Oct. 30: Princeton Sports, Columbia, MD - benefits Liberty Ski Patrol
Nov. 5: Ski Haus in Annapolis
Nov. 5-6: Roundtop Fall Fest has new and used gear
Nov. 5-6: Freestyle in Charlottesville
Nov. 5-6: Alpine Ski Shop Sterling
Nov. 12-13 Sun and Ski Chantilly
Nov. 12-13 Baltimore Ski Swap - Towson
Nov. 20 Pro-Fit Leesburg (Whitetail Ski Patrol)
Nov. 25: Wintergreen swap - benefits Wintergreen Ski Patrolpost #66 of 7510/10/16 at 5:22pmThread Starterpost #67 of 7510/10/16 at 6:34pmpost #68 of 7510/12/16 at 4:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by marznc
For those who haven't heard about it, I'm sure @Laurel Hill Crazie will be updating his thread about the Grand Opening. Pretty exciting to have a new ski area in the region.
I live here now, and I don't even know how to get to the parking lot...post #69 of 7510/13/16 at 11:12amQuote:
Take 22 east to New Alexandria turn right onto PA 981 about 5 to 7 miles to the traffic light. Turn left at the light (981 turns right to Latrobe). Continue several miles through the next light until the stop sign at PA 217, Turn right at the stop sign continue to next light PA 30. Go east on 30 toward Ligonier that will be a left turn after you go through the light, over the bridge at the stop sign. Continue on 30 through Ligonier and Laughlintown up the mountain to Laurel Summit Rd, turn right and continue past Laurel Mountain Village to the entrance on your right. Welcome to the best skiing on the Laurel Ridge.post #70 of 7510/13/16 at 1:52pmThread Starter
If I understand this video correctly, AT&T installed DAS (distributed antenna system) at Snowshoe in 2016. They put in over 200 boxes. That should mean ATT customers will be able to use their cell phones around Snowshoe this season.post #71 of 7510/14/16 at 12:49pm
I was up there this summer. Nothing on Verizon (my phone), but the guys with ATT phones got limited service out in the lot and village. If you have ever tried to meet up with people anywhere near Green Bank you know it's a problem. You can pass right by them, and you can't call or even radio.post #72 of 7510/14/16 at 4:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Laurel Hill Crazie
Take 22 east to New Alexandria turn right onto PA 981 about 5 to 7 miles to the traffic light. Turn left at the light (981 turns right to Latrobe). Continue several miles through the next light until the stop sign at PA 217, Turn right at the stop sign continue to next light PA 30. Go east on 30 toward Ligonier that will be a left turn after you go through the light, over the bridge at the stop sign. Continue on 30 through Ligonier and Laughlintown up the mountain to Laurel Summit Rd, turn right and continue past Laurel Mountain Village to the entrance on your right. Welcome to the best skiing on the Laurel Ridge.
@Laurel Hill Crazie : Thanks for the info. I was wondering how are the roads to Laurel mtn. in winter? I plan to pay a visit next season and I will be coming from Northern Virginia.post #73 of 7510/20/16 at 9:49amThread Starter
Winterplace in southern WV is going to work with SnowOperating for terrain based instruction this season. Cataloochee in NC was one of the first to work with SnowOperating. The consulting firm has been working with Killington and Snowbasin as well.
I got to use the Snowbasin terrain as part of a semi-private lesson (3 advanced skiers). Our instructor used to be the Director of the Snowbasin ski school. We used the rollers and banked turns to practice 1-leg skiing. Was quite something to see my friend who had never skied on 1-ski before learn how to make it happen as part of a 2-hour lesson.post #74 of 7510/25/16 at 6:14pmThread Starter
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 17 seconds ago
- › Bottom of Foot Pain - Tried it All (long read, please help) 1 minute ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 4 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 14 minutes ago
- › FS: NIW FISCHER HYBRID 10.0 SKIS 189CM 21 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 22 minutes ago
- › Anyone Here Skiing After Major Spine Fusion Surgery? 28 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Snowboarding causes nothing but problems 38 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer