- 55 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on best location (UT/WY) for a week of pow in early March [from Chicago] Last post on 3/7/17 at 9:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016/2017 Wyoming/Montana/Idaho Updates and Discussion Last post on 2/16/17 at 1:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Early March Trip Destination? Last post on 2/18/16 at 7:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-2016 Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 9/9/16 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Jackson Hole and Big Sky or Alta? Last post on 12/16/15 at 4:53pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Gathering 2009 Jackson Hole
Last edited: 1/11/13
- EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillanLast edited: 11/21/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread - Page 2post #31 of 391/6/17 at 4:48pmI flew out yesterday. It was COLD while we were there but good conditions. It snowed a little every day except Thursday. Upper mtn (Tram lift) was good. The groomed runs are well skied but the daily snow kept it fresh. Off piste through trees and bowls were the best conditions. Corbet's was closed Thursday when I went to ski it. Overall it was great.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 391/11/17 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by jasmap
I flew out yesterday. It was COLD while we were there but good conditions. It snowed a little every day except Thursday. Upper mtn (Tram lift) was good. The groomed runs are well skied but the daily snow kept it fresh. Off piste through trees and bowls were the best conditions. Corbet's was closed Thursday when I went to ski it. Overall it was great.
Good to hear. I'll be at GT/JH 2/6-2/10. Fingers crossed I don't hit a 4 day dry spell!
What were your favorite runs?post #33 of 391/11/17 at 2:17pm
Just got back from JH. Was well below zero when we got there but warmed to upper 20s/lower 30s on mountain by the time we left. Snowed, and blew, the whole time. Whole mountain shut down for avy control for about 2 hours Mon morning. Patrollers told us they'd never seen that much slide activity that low on the mountain as that day. For this CO guy, lower north part of mountain was nearly unskiable Monday morning given how heavy snow was (maybe CA and PNW skiers are used to it; I'm not) and Saratoga Bowl off Apres Vous stayed closed (it was superb on Sunday). But, once Thunder lift opened, and we skied higher up, it was epic. Reported 10 overnight, but it was more like 20, with 24 inches on leeside of slopes. Paintbrush and Riverton Bowl were outstanding and, in contrast to lower north side, the lower south runs (Hobacks, Colter Ridges, Sublette Ridges, etc.) were in great condition with much lighter snow. Overall, best conditions I've experienced at JH in last 8 years.post #34 of 391/17/17 at 6:37am
Going to JH/GT in about a week for the first time to ski, would like to spend a day exploring Grand Tetons NP. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking about renting crosscountry skis and exploring on my own on some trails I found online such as http://jhnordic.com/trails/Hermitage%20Point/. Thanks!post #35 of 391/17/17 at 8:10am
We did about a 10 mile round trip xc ski on a groomed track out to Jenny Lake when we were out at JH last year. It was beautiful and mostly flat. Bring and apply sunscreen! We had it and still got a bit sunburned. The track we took went through big, wide meadows so full sun all day.
Also, I don't remember the name of the shop where we rented gear, but they were very helpful with maps, recommending and marking a route for us. Local knowledge is key as you want to ski where conditions are good.post #36 of 391/26/17 at 6:49am
Skied the JH side/back country the last 2 days. Really nice terrain, lots of fresh tracks. Blower pow knee to waist deep. Face shots! Lots of traversing and some boot pack hiking. Fun. Exhausting. The group I am with does not ski inbounds at all.post #37 of 392/2/17 at 5:51ampost #38 of 392/3/17 at 9:13am
Dchan.... I'm sorry I missed skiing with you.
For anyone wondering about conditions at JH, it has been great to really good every day this season starting around the first week in December!post #39 of 392/25/17 at 12:33pm
- 2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread
- EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Tibia/Fibula Fracture 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Looking to get into Park Skiing 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 4 hours ago
- › L3 finally in the books 4 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview