- 1,621 Posts. Joined 12/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Recommendations for Early December Last post on 7/18/16 at 11:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- December Trip? [from FL, 10th anniversary, without kids] Last post on 7/10/16 at 9:54pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- December 2016 Mt. Bachelor vs Utah (Brighton, Solitude, etc) Last post on 6/3/16 at 4:02pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Christmas 2016/2017 Canada? [family from NZ] Last post on 3/3/16 at 12:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Mt. Bachelor - A PictorialLast edited: 8/4/13
- Altitude Adaptation And Acute Mountain SicknessLast edited: 10/14/13
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married! - Page 2post #31 of 339/13/16 at 4:54pmGotta admit I seriously ran out of steam last hour up Thorung La pass.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/15/16 at 5:46amThread Starterpost #33 of 339/15/16 at 8:34am
I think Bend is a great fit for what you want, but be aware that it's a real small city, not a ski town. There is lots to do, plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. and LOTS of micro brew beer (a beer Mecca) but there are also malls, Wall Mart, Costco, and the rest. It's not a resort town like Banff or Whistler at all. People who have absolutely nothing to do with the ski area are the majority there.
I wouldn't let it stop me, though. It's a great town and, like I said above, it sounds like the perfect place for your party. When you hear about how the Summit is not open often, don't worry about it. There is nothing special about the Summit except that you're on top of a volcano, which is kind of cool for bragging rights, but as far as skiing it's not a big issue. There is plenty of terrain lower on the mountain, especially with the new lift this season.
As far as the drive to the ski area from town, it's the most gentle, well maintained highway to a mountain I've ever seen. Of course, snow and ice are possible, that's just part of the experience.
- 13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married!
- Mt. Bachelor - A Pictorial
- › Resource list discussion thread 1 - books. 52 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend a pow ski that's actually good in chopped up snow??? 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 8 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 9 minutes ago
- › FS:New 2016 Lifjell Anorak from Bergans of Norway; XL 10 minutes ago
- › FS:New 2016 Lifjell Anorak from Bergans of Norway; XL 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 14 minutes ago
- › Both Polar Caps Record Lows, First Ever 36 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues