- 1,640 Posts. Joined 12/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 2/2/17 at 7:06pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Recommendations for Early December Last post on 7/18/16 at 11:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- December Trip? [from FL, 10th anniversary, without kids] Last post on 7/10/16 at 9:54pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- December 2016 Mt. Bachelor vs Utah (Brighton, Solitude, etc) Last post on 6/3/16 at 4:02pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Christmas 2016/2017 Canada? [family from NZ] Last post on 3/3/16 at 12:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Mt. Bachelor - A PictorialLast edited: 8/4/13
- Altitude Adaptation And Acute Mountain SicknessLast edited: 10/14/13
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married! - Page 2post #31 of 339/13/16 at 4:54pmGotta admit I seriously ran out of steam last hour up Thorung La pass.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/15/16 at 5:46amThread Starterpost #33 of 339/15/16 at 8:34am
I think Bend is a great fit for what you want, but be aware that it's a real small city, not a ski town. There is lots to do, plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. and LOTS of micro brew beer (a beer Mecca) but there are also malls, Wall Mart, Costco, and the rest. It's not a resort town like Banff or Whistler at all. People who have absolutely nothing to do with the ski area are the majority there.
I wouldn't let it stop me, though. It's a great town and, like I said above, it sounds like the perfect place for your party. When you hear about how the Summit is not open often, don't worry about it. There is nothing special about the Summit except that you're on top of a volcano, which is kind of cool for bragging rights, but as far as skiing it's not a big issue. There is plenty of terrain lower on the mountain, especially with the new lift this season.
As far as the drive to the ski area from town, it's the most gentle, well maintained highway to a mountain I've ever seen. Of course, snow and ice are possible, that's just part of the experience.
- 13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married!
- Mt. Bachelor - A Pictorial
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 1 minute ago
- › What are the best ski cars? 27 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole compared/contrasted(not vs) to Whistler 40 minutes ago
- › WTB: late 70's to mid 80's hart skis and series 1 S727s. 59 minutes ago
- › Epic Ski Archives Project 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 3 hours ago
- › Fischer Motive 95 – 174 or 180? 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review