- 1,633 Posts. Joined 12/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 2/2/17 at 7:06pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Recommendations for Early December Last post on 7/18/16 at 11:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- December Trip? [from FL, 10th anniversary, without kids] Last post on 7/10/16 at 9:54pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- December 2016 Mt. Bachelor vs Utah (Brighton, Solitude, etc) Last post on 6/3/16 at 4:02pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Christmas 2016/2017 Canada? [family from NZ] Last post on 3/3/16 at 12:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Mt. Bachelor - A PictorialLast edited: 8/4/13
- Altitude Adaptation And Acute Mountain SicknessLast edited: 10/14/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married! - Page 2post #31 of 339/13/16 at 4:54pmGotta admit I seriously ran out of steam last hour up Thorung La pass.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/15/16 at 5:46amThread Starterpost #33 of 339/15/16 at 8:34am
I think Bend is a great fit for what you want, but be aware that it's a real small city, not a ski town. There is lots to do, plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. and LOTS of micro brew beer (a beer Mecca) but there are also malls, Wall Mart, Costco, and the rest. It's not a resort town like Banff or Whistler at all. People who have absolutely nothing to do with the ski area are the majority there.
I wouldn't let it stop me, though. It's a great town and, like I said above, it sounds like the perfect place for your party. When you hear about how the Summit is not open often, don't worry about it. There is nothing special about the Summit except that you're on top of a volcano, which is kind of cool for bragging rights, but as far as skiing it's not a big issue. There is plenty of terrain lower on the mountain, especially with the new lift this season.
As far as the drive to the ski area from town, it's the most gentle, well maintained highway to a mountain I've ever seen. Of course, snow and ice are possible, that's just part of the experience.
- 13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married!
- Mt. Bachelor - A Pictorial
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › 178CM SALOMON QST 118 W/ AXIAL2 120 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Ski Boots - size question 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › How fast do you ski? 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › AT setup for in resort use? 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Powder or corn 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview