- 1,608 Posts. Joined 12/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Recommendations for Early December Last post on 7/18/16 at 11:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- December Trip? [from FL, 10th anniversary, without kids] Last post on 7/10/16 at 9:54pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- December 2016 Mt. Bachelor vs Utah (Brighton, Solitude, etc) Last post on 6/3/16 at 4:02pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Christmas 2016/2017 Canada? [family from NZ] Last post on 3/3/16 at 12:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Mt. Bachelor - A PictorialLast edited: 8/4/13
- Altitude Adaptation And Acute Mountain SicknessLast edited: 10/14/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married! - Page 2post #31 of 339/13/16 at 4:54pmGotta admit I seriously ran out of steam last hour up Thorung La pass.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/15/16 at 5:46amThread Starterpost #33 of 339/15/16 at 8:34am
I think Bend is a great fit for what you want, but be aware that it's a real small city, not a ski town. There is lots to do, plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. and LOTS of micro brew beer (a beer Mecca) but there are also malls, Wall Mart, Costco, and the rest. It's not a resort town like Banff or Whistler at all. People who have absolutely nothing to do with the ski area are the majority there.
I wouldn't let it stop me, though. It's a great town and, like I said above, it sounds like the perfect place for your party. When you hear about how the Summit is not open often, don't worry about it. There is nothing special about the Summit except that you're on top of a volcano, which is kind of cool for bragging rights, but as far as skiing it's not a big issue. There is plenty of terrain lower on the mountain, especially with the new lift this season.
As far as the drive to the ski area from town, it's the most gentle, well maintained highway to a mountain I've ever seen. Of course, snow and ice are possible, that's just part of the experience.
- 13-26 Dec - UK Family trip to where??? Oh, also looking to get married!
- Mt. Bachelor - A Pictorial
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 30 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 48 minutes ago
- › Skis and Snowboards Made in the USA from Prospect 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer