or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Dynastar CR74 Fluid X - Anybody ski these?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dynastar CR74 Fluid X - Anybody ski these?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I have come across a really good deal and am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. Anybody have experience with these? They would be for daily driving in PA, which is mostly carving.

 

Also can anyone recommend how they ski with respect to length? I am about 145lbs and 5'8", level 7/8 ish skier, and the size I'm looking at is 172 but I'm not sure if it's too long. Trouble is, next size down is 165 which I think might be too short :dunno

post #2 of 8

Great ski for laying down near hip dragging angles on hardpack and ice.  Crud bust well, useless in trees.  They ski a little short, you should be fine on 172's.

 

Don't hesitate to buy them if you want to up your game.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrimmer View Post
 

Great ski for laying down near hip dragging angles on hardpack and ice.  Crud bust well, useless in trees.  They ski a little short, you should be fine on 172's.

 

Don't hesitate to buy them if you want to up your game.

 

Thanks for the reply bud. Figured they wouldn't be a great tree ski, but then I have a pair of Dynastar 6th Sense Slicers that are great in the trees (a park ski, so pretty nimble) so I've got that covered. But then, there really aren't many glades in PA anyways so I don't think it'll be a big issue.

 

Terrible bump ski or decent? The Slicers are also good here, but just curious.

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumGolfer View Post
 

 

Thanks for the reply bud. Figured they wouldn't be a great tree ski, but then I have a pair of Dynastar 6th Sense Slicers that are great in the trees (a park ski, so pretty nimble) so I've got that covered. But then, there really aren't many glades in PA anyways so I don't think it'll be a big issue.

 

Terrible bump ski or decent? The Slicers are also good here, but just curious.

I wish I could give you feedback on bumps, but I truthfully never ski them.

 

I played on the 74's a bit and would own a pair if I didn't already have a plethora or GS and cheater GS skis in the stable. My buddy actually races nastar on his and is a gold/platinum racer.  They were his go-to ski until he ended up with a full on cheater GS ski.

post #5 of 8

You will be fine on the 172. It is a great carving ski, perfect for the east. Get them before there gone. Great underpriced , undervalued ski.  I dont think dynastar is importing the CR line to north america anymore, only for european consumption, The CR74 pro may be a bit stiff for you. I had them , but have 50lbs on you.

post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham418 View Post
 

You will be fine on the 172. It is a great carving ski, perfect for the east. Get them before there gone. Great underpriced , undervalued ski.  I dont think dynastar is importing the CR line to north america anymore, only for european consumption, The CR74 pro may be a bit stiff for you. I had them , but have 50lbs on you.

 

Yeah, it seems like Dynastar is always pretty undervalued in the US for some reason. Another discussion for another thread though!

 

Is the CR74 Pro a different ski than the CR74 Fluid X?

post #7 of 8

The CR74 pro is  the same dimension as the fluid but a little stiffer. It also comes with a raceplate and no binding. The fluid comes with the binding

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Many thanks for the feedback folks. Just pulled the trigger on a set from evo for $360 shipped, we'll see how they work out once the snow guns start blowing!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Dynastar CR74 Fluid X - Anybody ski these?