Thanks for sharing. Great details and pics. Someday will get back to Chile but so many places, so little vacation time!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChile Ski Resortstagged by marznc, 9/14/16
Related Forum Threads
- Ski Chile 2016 Last post on 10/7/16 at 9:21am in International Zone
- Chile forecast 2015 Last post on 5/18/16 at 5:56am in International Zone
- New to Forum [advice for Chile in June, intermediate at Hunter] Last post on 3/25/15 at 12:43pm in International Zone
- Helli-skiing in The Andes Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:37am in Trip Reports
- What we did (or are doing) on our summer vacation Last post on 10/26/12 at 3:51pm in Trip Reports
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2016 Nevados de Chillan Trip Report - Page 2
Your timing was lucky indeed. Chillan closed Sept. 4 due to lack of snow:
Yes, saw that a while ago Tony. It is very sad indeed. I had said to Paul on that bluebird powder that I thought it would be the best day of the season. Sad that that turned out to be true. They just had some more snow yesterday but unfortunately not enough to re-open. Hopefully 2017 will be a better season, odds are that it will be!
Kirkwood did have to move a lot of snow around to make it to closing date of April 19, 2015 and there were a lot of dirty and bare places.
Nevados de Chillan re-opened for this weekend. See http://snowbrains.com/nevados-de-chillan-chile-will-reopen-this-weekend-after-large-snowfall-this-week/
tseeb illustrates my point. If Kirkwood had closed March 4 and reopened only for March 16-18, that is still much worse than what actually happened in 2015.
I chose Kirkwood for the analogy deliberately because it's the highest snowfall area in the Sierra, just as Chillan is the highest snowfall area in South America.
However, Chillan's average snowfall is probably not as high as Kirkwood's and its snow preservation is definitely worse due to much lower altitude at fairly similar latitude.
- 2016 Nevados de Chillan Trip Report
- › Replacements for Nordica El Capo's 30 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 34 minutes ago
- › need help finding a racesuit 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › East Coast: Snowshoe $99 Early Season Pass on Sale 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer