Thanks for sharing. Great details and pics. Someday will get back to Chile but so many places, so little vacation time!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChile Ski Resortstagged by marznc, 9/14/16
Related Forum Threads
- Ski Chile 2016 Last post on 10/7/16 at 9:21am in International Zone
- Chile forecast 2015 Last post on 5/18/16 at 5:56am in International Zone
- New to Forum [advice for Chile in June, intermediate at Hunter] Last post on 3/25/15 at 12:43pm in International Zone
- Helli-skiing in The Andes Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:37am in Trip Reports
- What we did (or are doing) on our summer vacation Last post on 10/26/12 at 3:51pm in Trip Reports
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
2016 Nevados de Chillan Trip Report - Page 2
Your timing was lucky indeed. Chillan closed Sept. 4 due to lack of snow:
Yes, saw that a while ago Tony. It is very sad indeed. I had said to Paul on that bluebird powder that I thought it would be the best day of the season. Sad that that turned out to be true. They just had some more snow yesterday but unfortunately not enough to re-open. Hopefully 2017 will be a better season, odds are that it will be!
Kirkwood did have to move a lot of snow around to make it to closing date of April 19, 2015 and there were a lot of dirty and bare places.
Nevados de Chillan re-opened for this weekend. See http://snowbrains.com/nevados-de-chillan-chile-will-reopen-this-weekend-after-large-snowfall-this-week/
tseeb illustrates my point. If Kirkwood had closed March 4 and reopened only for March 16-18, that is still much worse than what actually happened in 2015.
I chose Kirkwood for the analogy deliberately because it's the highest snowfall area in the Sierra, just as Chillan is the highest snowfall area in South America.
However, Chillan's average snowfall is probably not as high as Kirkwood's and its snow preservation is definitely worse due to much lower altitude at fairly similar latitude.
- 2016 Nevados de Chillan Trip Report
- › Process for becoming a paid patroller 2 minutes ago
- › your 2 or 3 ski quiver...... 16 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 17 minutes ago
- › DRILLS: Early Season 31 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 48 minutes ago
- › This could be the year to visit Revelstoke 59 minutes ago
- › PCMR 3/28 - 4/2 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Revelstoke needs a new lift 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues