I have been skiing for about 18 years now, and, if you can believe it, have never bought new skis before (since I was a child). I have been renting or riding hand-me-downs for the majority my skiing career, and now that I am in a position to ski more than 1.5 weeks a season, I figure it is time to invest in some serious skis. I have always owned my own boots, and am just looking for skis and bindings here.
Here is my description:
- 6'2 and 160 lbs
- Advanced skiier
- Ride about 2 weeks in Montana and projecting to ride about 1.5-2 weeks on the east coast
- I ride mostly on-piste with a few runs of off sprinkled in there
- I like ripping/carving down the typical groomer, like any other skiier, but also love mogul and tree runs as well
- I am not much of a park guy, but I have a very playful/quick skiing style and like to improvise and find natural features to mess around on
- I'm pretty aggressive on the slope at times and like to charge the mountain, but I also like to be able to slow it down
I was looking into the Volkl Kendo as an option, but I have concerns about its playfulness. I not sure if I want a ski that will only perform if its being all out charged on (and I don't know if that's accurate about the Kendo).
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you guys need any more information.