I am looking to get salomon xmax 120's i wear a 10.5 u.s. .I will be in these boots for hours and wonder if the 29 would be the boot of choice.
- topicBootfittingtagged by marznc, 6/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- Twelve questions to ask when considering purchasing a Custom Footbed/Orthotic Last post on 12/2/16 at 4:31pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- My 1st boot fitting experience Last post on 11/14/16 at 7:57pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! Last post on 11/4/16 at 4:58pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Boot buying - do I need a custom fitting? Last post on 10/16/16 at 5:36am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Is off-piste skiing hard on knees? Last post on 10/4/16 at 8:47pm in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
How To Get Your Boots On And Off
Last edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
- The Foot And Its Role In Skiing By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
boot sizepost #2 of 36/22/16 at 7:12am
The biggest mistake folks make right from the outset is too buy boots that feel "Just right" and feel like a comfortable pair of bedroom slippers.
They often keep these "Comfortable boots" for years and wonder all along how it is that other folks ski so much better than the are able to.
So a mistake in the beginning can laaasssttt a long time.
Buying the right size and fit can be a daunting task and should be entered into using the expertise of someone who knows how to assess your foot shape and volume and advise you on which boot will work the best.
So the boot fitters on here got together and developed a guideline based on how we fit boots.
Read through the article below and pay attention to how to "Shell check" a boot you might be considering.
I wear a 10.5 size street shoe and ski in a 27.5 boot that has the right shape to fit around my foot. I think a 29.5 would be a poor selection for your foot size---(read "too big" here)
By the way in the article they mention that the shell check should be no bigger than 5/8ths inch (15mm)----purchase a piece of 1/2 inch CPVC pipe (15mm outside diameter) at the Home supply store and take it with you when you are checking boots----don't "guess" on this important part of the puzzle.
One last thought,--- a pair of boots with a 15mm shell check will feel way too tight when you first put them on---this is because the liner is new and not broken in to your foot shape---this "break in period" will last for about the first two days of skiing --- you will notice that after a couple of days you can wear them without that tight feeling and your skiing will improve greatly, because your feet aren't moving around in side the boot. So---a tight feeling for a couple of days verses a sloppy fit for 10 years---you decide.
Edited by miketsc - 6/22/16 at 7:27ampost #3 of 36/22/16 at 8:22am
- boot size
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
- › FX94 Sizing Question 1 minute ago
- › FS: High Society FR Freeride Wide Powder Skis 185cm with Head Mojo... 4 minutes ago
- › Intermediate Zone planning thread. 12 minutes ago
- › 2015 Nordica Doberman Pro 130 EDT 15 minutes ago
- › The Release & “Finishing your turns” 17 minutes ago
- › Rossi Experience 88 sizing question 18 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 19 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 23 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 26 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 39 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues