I am looking to get salomon xmax 120's i wear a 10.5 u.s. .I will be in these boots for hours and wonder if the 29 would be the boot of choice.
- topicBootfittingtagged by marznc, 6/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- Heels lifting up inside the boot when bending forward [first season in Wisconsin] Last post on 3/16/17 at 6:12am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Learning how to ski on a 110 flex boot? Last post on 1/25/17 at 9:13pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Difficulty flexing my boots Last post on 2/1/17 at 5:19am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Bootfitting Options in Kansas City Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:53pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Women's Boot with Low Instep? Last post on 12/31/16 at 6:08am in Ask the Boot Guys
How To Get Your Boots On And Off
Last edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
- The Foot And Its Role In Skiing By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
boot sizepost #2 of 36/22/16 at 7:12am
The biggest mistake folks make right from the outset is too buy boots that feel "Just right" and feel like a comfortable pair of bedroom slippers.
They often keep these "Comfortable boots" for years and wonder all along how it is that other folks ski so much better than the are able to.
So a mistake in the beginning can laaasssttt a long time.
Buying the right size and fit can be a daunting task and should be entered into using the expertise of someone who knows how to assess your foot shape and volume and advise you on which boot will work the best.
So the boot fitters on here got together and developed a guideline based on how we fit boots.
Read through the article below and pay attention to how to "Shell check" a boot you might be considering.
I wear a 10.5 size street shoe and ski in a 27.5 boot that has the right shape to fit around my foot. I think a 29.5 would be a poor selection for your foot size---(read "too big" here)
By the way in the article they mention that the shell check should be no bigger than 5/8ths inch (15mm)----purchase a piece of 1/2 inch CPVC pipe (15mm outside diameter) at the Home supply store and take it with you when you are checking boots----don't "guess" on this important part of the puzzle.
One last thought,--- a pair of boots with a 15mm shell check will feel way too tight when you first put them on---this is because the liner is new and not broken in to your foot shape---this "break in period" will last for about the first two days of skiing --- you will notice that after a couple of days you can wear them without that tight feeling and your skiing will improve greatly, because your feet aren't moving around in side the boot. So---a tight feeling for a couple of days verses a sloppy fit for 10 years---you decide.
Edited by miketsc - 6/22/16 at 7:27ampost #3 of 36/22/16 at 8:22am
- boot size
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
- › Getting on the snow with Meier Skis 2016 lineup. 17 minutes ago
- › April 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 3 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › The Dog Pic Thread 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › banging my skis into my planted poles = damaged edges 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Lure of the steeps? 5 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Picture of the day... 5 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Finding a new home mountain near Portland, Oregon (intermediate... 5 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › How many days ya got? 7 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Club Trip Need To Change Dates? 7 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review