I am looking to get salomon xmax 120's i wear a 10.5 u.s. .I will be in these boots for hours and wonder if the 29 would be the boot of choice.
- topicBootfittingtagged by marznc, 6/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- Heels lifting up inside the boot when bending forward [first season in Wisconsin] Last post on 3/16/17 at 6:12am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Learning how to ski on a 110 flex boot? Last post on 1/25/17 at 9:13pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Difficulty flexing my boots Last post on 2/1/17 at 5:19am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Bootfitting Options in Kansas City Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:53pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Women's Boot with Low Instep? Last post on 12/31/16 at 6:08am in Ask the Boot Guys
How To Get Your Boots On And Off
Last edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
- The Foot And Its Role In Skiing By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
boot sizepost #2 of 36/22/16 at 7:12am
The biggest mistake folks make right from the outset is too buy boots that feel "Just right" and feel like a comfortable pair of bedroom slippers.
They often keep these "Comfortable boots" for years and wonder all along how it is that other folks ski so much better than the are able to.
So a mistake in the beginning can laaasssttt a long time.
Buying the right size and fit can be a daunting task and should be entered into using the expertise of someone who knows how to assess your foot shape and volume and advise you on which boot will work the best.
So the boot fitters on here got together and developed a guideline based on how we fit boots.
Read through the article below and pay attention to how to "Shell check" a boot you might be considering.
I wear a 10.5 size street shoe and ski in a 27.5 boot that has the right shape to fit around my foot. I think a 29.5 would be a poor selection for your foot size---(read "too big" here)
By the way in the article they mention that the shell check should be no bigger than 5/8ths inch (15mm)----purchase a piece of 1/2 inch CPVC pipe (15mm outside diameter) at the Home supply store and take it with you when you are checking boots----don't "guess" on this important part of the puzzle.
One last thought,--- a pair of boots with a 15mm shell check will feel way too tight when you first put them on---this is because the liner is new and not broken in to your foot shape---this "break in period" will last for about the first two days of skiing --- you will notice that after a couple of days you can wear them without that tight feeling and your skiing will improve greatly, because your feet aren't moving around in side the boot. So---a tight feeling for a couple of days verses a sloppy fit for 10 years---you decide.
Edited by miketsc - 6/22/16 at 7:27ampost #3 of 36/22/16 at 8:22am
- boot size
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 22 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 22 minutes ago
- › Pondering a new bike (but I really shouldn't ... but hey, summer... 38 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 45 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 53 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 1 hour ago
- › Mountains that offer skiing and mountain biking 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview