I am looking to get salomon xmax 120's i wear a 10.5 u.s. .I will be in these boots for hours and wonder if the 29 would be the boot of choice.
- topicBootfittingtagged by marznc, 6/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- Boot buying - do I need a custom fitting? Last post on 10/16/16 at 5:36am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Is off-piste skiing hard on knees? Last post on 10/4/16 at 8:47pm in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
- Flex for a 6'3" 200lbs beginner? Last post on 7/25/16 at 9:16am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Was Fit for New Dalbellos - Question on Process Last post on 12/29/15 at 7:03am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Boot fit (pro deal or boot fitter)? [Beaver Creek] Last post on 12/15/15 at 4:37pm in Ski Gear Discussion
How To Get Your Boots On And Off
Last edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
- The Foot And Its Role In Skiing By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
boot sizepost #2 of 36/22/16 at 7:12am
The biggest mistake folks make right from the outset is too buy boots that feel "Just right" and feel like a comfortable pair of bedroom slippers.
They often keep these "Comfortable boots" for years and wonder all along how it is that other folks ski so much better than the are able to.
So a mistake in the beginning can laaasssttt a long time.
Buying the right size and fit can be a daunting task and should be entered into using the expertise of someone who knows how to assess your foot shape and volume and advise you on which boot will work the best.
So the boot fitters on here got together and developed a guideline based on how we fit boots.
Read through the article below and pay attention to how to "Shell check" a boot you might be considering.
I wear a 10.5 size street shoe and ski in a 27.5 boot that has the right shape to fit around my foot. I think a 29.5 would be a poor selection for your foot size---(read "too big" here)
By the way in the article they mention that the shell check should be no bigger than 5/8ths inch (15mm)----purchase a piece of 1/2 inch CPVC pipe (15mm outside diameter) at the Home supply store and take it with you when you are checking boots----don't "guess" on this important part of the puzzle.
One last thought,--- a pair of boots with a 15mm shell check will feel way too tight when you first put them on---this is because the liner is new and not broken in to your foot shape---this "break in period" will last for about the first two days of skiing --- you will notice that after a couple of days you can wear them without that tight feeling and your skiing will improve greatly, because your feet aren't moving around in side the boot. So---a tight feeling for a couple of days verses a sloppy fit for 10 years---you decide.
Edited by miketsc - 6/22/16 at 7:27ampost #3 of 36/22/16 at 8:22am
- boot size
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 15 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 34 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 50 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer