or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › The Craziest Line I've Ever Seen
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Craziest Line I've Ever Seen

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

The title says it all; anyone else seen anything crazier than this? (Apparently the image is too big to upload here, so you'll have to see it at the source on Imgur linked there). 

post #2 of 19
Erm isn't that Cody's line from Days of our Youth - couple years old now and free streaming on RedBull TV at present
post #3 of 19

That is exactly the run that I was thinking of when I saw the title of this thread. 

 

HD youtube link for those interested:  https://youtu.be/xlXk49Mh7go  

post #4 of 19

It looks like there are tracks ahead of him in there as he skis it.  Someone before him?

Did he walk/climb up it?  Did he do it twice... or thrice?

post #5 of 19
Those are runnels from snow sloughing.
post #6 of 19

It's a flash movie, so it can't be embedded as either a pic or a video. In my book, this "line" is sicker:

post #7 of 19

TheRusty,

 

While I do find it impressive that this skier survived the drop, this is not what I would consider as a crazy line.  It appeared that he needed to be dug out from where he landed.

 

The (Best Ski Line of 2014 - Cody Townsend's Epic Chute) linked above seems more in my sense of the meaning of Craziest Line since the skier was able to ski the line without needing to be dug out.

 

Regardless, I still find it impressive that he survived the drop.

post #8 of 19

This guy went bigger, by accident

 

. 

post #9 of 19

Back when Alpine Meadows had a soul and stayed open the longest, and before the had upgraded Summit chair, I stood in the craziest/biggest line I've ever been in, before or since .....

 

What?!?  Oooooh ....... THAT kind of line   nevermind

post #10 of 19

If i was skiing a line that had a 350 foot cliff nearby , i would know exactly where it was!!! insane

post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

The title says it all; anyone else seen anything crazier than this? (Apparently the image is too big to upload here, so you'll have to see it at the source on Imgur linked there). 


Perfect; speed, proximity and control required.  That is exciting skiing.

post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusty View Post
 

It's a flash movie, so it can't be embedded as either a pic or a video. In my book, this "line" is sicker:


A nice jump for sure, but I prefer skiing to jumping.

post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
 

This guy went bigger, by accident

 

. 


That's hospital air!

post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
 


A nice jump for sure, but I prefer skiing to jumping.

 

Landed on head.

 

 

And is not skiing today :(

post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidFeet View Post
 

It looks like there are tracks ahead of him in there as he skis it.  Someone before him?

Did he walk/climb up it?  Did he do it twice... or thrice?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Those are runnels from snow sloughing.

 

Those aren't runnels; Cody wasn't first:

 

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/news/travis-rice-sets-record-straight-rode-line-year-first/

post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
 

This guy went bigger, by accident

 

. 

I did that at Alta, lost track of all the whoop de doos, came over a rise and when I should have turned right I went straight. Straight down the to the trail below. Imagine my surprise ... lucky for me the drop was only 30 ft or so. I went in for lunch.

post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post

 
This guy went bigger, by accident

.
 
I did that at Alta, lost track of all the whoop de doos, came over a rise and when I should have turned right I went straight. Straight down the to the trail below. Imagine my surprise ... lucky for me the drop was only 30 ft or so. I went in for lunch.

And presumably to change your base layer?
post #18 of 19
Travis Rice is the man for riding it not one but twice. It's a bit disingenuous of Cody to claim that he didn't know if someone was there before him, the tracks were there to see. It does not really matter, the line is insane whether you did it first second or whatever.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzn View Post

Travis Rice is the man for riding it not one but twice. It's a bit disingenuous of Cody to claim that he didn't know if someone was there before him, the tracks were there to see. It does not really matter, the line is insane whether you did it first second or whatever.

 

I'm not sure those are tracks from Travis Rice, can't access the article at the moment. If I remember correctly that ride was actually his second attempt and the day before it was aborted because he lost/dropped a ski so it could be from that. It is indeed a crazy line though.   

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › The Craziest Line I've Ever Seen