or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Binding for FX94, Attack 13 Demo, Griffon schizo, or Attack 13?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Binding for FX94, Attack 13 Demo, Griffon schizo, or Attack 13?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

I bought a new 176cm flat FX94, and shopping for a binding. I am an level 7 / intermediate skier, 6'2 and 160lbs. FX94 is my 2nd pair of ski after I lost my 168 experience 80. I plan to use my FX94 as my only ski, and I'd like to spend some time to play around with the mounting position. Among Attack 13 Demo, Griffon schizo, or Attack 13, I'm inclined to Attack 13 demo, but would like to hear from the forum.

post #2 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangyizhuo View Post
 

I bought a new 176cm flat FX94, and shopping for a binding. I am an level 7 / intermediate skier, 6'2 and 160lbs. FX94 is my 2nd pair of ski after I lost my 168 experience 80. I plan to use my FX94 as my only ski, and I'd like to spend some time to play around with the mounting position. Among Attack 13 Demo, Griffon schizo, or Attack 13, I'm inclined to Attack 13 demo, but would like to hear from the forum.


Welcome to EpicSki!

 

Around here (also on Pugski), gear-head consensus seems to center on the Attack demo lately. The standard Attack is a great binding, too (I own two pair — one on an FX), but you say you want to play with the mount position, which is a useful thing. The demo is light for a demo binding, it has minimal effect on ski flex, and its stand height is low.  It's easy to click in to, and it's less expensive, too. Really kind of a no-brainer.

 

Best of luck — the FX94 is a great ski!  

 

I'm curious, though. How did you lose your E80s?

post #3 of 21
Where can you buy aaaaaaaaaaaattack 13 demos? I have two pairs of skis with them and really like them but the only way I've been able to get them is by buying demo skis with the bindings already mounted.
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtraub1 View Post

Where can you buy aaaaaaaaaaaattack 13 demos? I have two pairs of skis with them and really like them but the only way I've been able to get them is by buying demo skis with the bindings already mounted.


Your dealer can order them. They're more expensive than the standard binding.

post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespapa View Post
 

 

I'm curious, though. How did you lose your E80s?

 

It's totally my own fault. I went skiing in Heavenly, took a wrong pair of E80 and poles from where I thought I left mine. I only found out the pair of ski is much shorter the next day. I returned the pair I took to lost and found a few weeks back, but could not find mine.

 

However, I used this opportunity to demo during a powder day, and it's the first time I start appreciating powder.

post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtraub1 View Post

Where can you buy aaaaaaaaaaaattack 13 demos? I have two pairs of skis with them and really like them but the only way I've been able to get them is by buying demo skis with the bindings already mounted.

 

Yes, it's challenging to find attack 13 demo online. I've found a few by Google but they're twice the retail's price.

 

dawgcatching have some for sale I think. I'm yet to confirm with him.

post #7 of 21

I bought a used pair of Attack 13 Demos on TGR from the ON3P guys for $110 shipped and they were in good condition. Check out the Gear Swap forum because they might still have a few sets available.

post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post
 

I bought a used pair of Attack 13 Demos on TGR from the ON3P guys for $110 shipped and they were in good condition. Check out the Gear Swap forum because they might still have a few sets available.


That's a great deal.

post #9 of 21

check TGR, a lot of ski companies who do demo during the season, start selling their demos as well as bindings. I've seen Moment and On3p are selling demo bindings separately, I don't remember the price.

post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post
 

I bought a used pair of Attack 13 Demos on TGR from the ON3P guys for $110 shipped and they were in good condition. Check out the Gear Swap forum because they might still have a few sets available.

By TGR, do you mean http://www.tetongravity.com/?

post #11 of 21
It means the forums: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/

Which in some insane new web design, they've made impossible to find unless you know they exist? Maybe it's because I'm on a mobile device I don't get a menu that lists the forum??
post #12 of 21
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

It means the forums: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/

Which in some insane new web design, they've made impossible to find unless you know they exist? Maybe it's because I'm on a mobile device I don't get a menu that lists the forum??


Yeah, really hard to find on a mobile device. Forums are under the gear icon, which is a crazy place to put content.

post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the pointer. I will have a look at TGR but I have problem posting.

post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 

I have found a used Attack 13 demo bindings in TGR. It's a 2015 model with 90mm brake. I wonder if it will fit a 94mm underfoot ski. Thanks!

post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangyizhuo View Post
 

I have found a used Attack 13 demo bindings in TGR. It's a 2015 model with 90mm brake. I wonder if it will fit a 94mm underfoot ski. Thanks!


Might work, but wait for someone who actually knows. (I have Attacks with 97mm brakes on a 100mm ski. Tight, but it goes.)

post #17 of 21

Brakes can be easily bent 4mm.

post #18 of 21

I didn't think they made a 90mm brake for the Attack binding.  I tried to buy exactly that width for my own pair and received the newer 95mm brake.

post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangyizhuo View Post

I have found a used Attack 13 demo bindings in TGR. It's a 2015 model with 90mm brake. I wonder if it will fit a 94mm underfoot ski. Thanks!

Pretty sure your brakes are 88mm. I have a set of new AAAttack 13 97mm brakes that I'm trying to find someone to trade for 88's, perhaps that's you lol. Do the demo brakes fit
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerkong View Post


Pretty sure your brakes are 88mm. I have a set of new AAAttack 13 97mm brakes that I'm trying to find someone to trade for 88's, perhaps that's you lol. Do the demo brakes fit

I have not bought it since I thought it would be 88mm instead 90 too. I can certainly buy it and let's change the brake.

post #21 of 21

The brakes are different from the Attack 13 Demo and non-Demo.  ( I have both so can verify first-hand )

 

Hey Burgerkong:  great see another person from the Toronto-area at Epic.

 

~ Andy

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Binding for FX94, Attack 13 Demo, Griffon schizo, or Attack 13?