- 40 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Stoke City
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Winter Park or Loveland Week Before Christmas? Last post on 8/30/16 at 8:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff or A-basin in Late April/Early May!! Last post on 5/3/16 at 3:11pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Colorado for beginners [father & 13yo son, first time, flying to Denver in March] Last post on 2/25/16 at 1:51pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Yesterday
- Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Skiing in Colorado, Drone Avalanche...Last edited: 10/30/15
- Colorado Road Trip RecapLast edited: 8/29/15
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Closing Day at Mary Jane & Loveland?post #1 of 84/15/16 at 7:38amThread StarterSo I'm going to ski Colorado May 5-8. The plan is to ski A-Basin, Mary Jane and Loveland, not necessarily in that order. Mary Jane's last day is Saturday, May 7. Loveland's last day is May 8. I enjoy the party atmosphere of closing day at the small ski areas in the East, but can anyone who has been to either MJ or Luv on closing day tell me whether there are any reasons not to go on the last day? I am wondering about MJ in particular, and could ski it that Friday if I have to. I have to drive back to Denver Sunday evening, and would prefer do Loveland that day to have as short a drive as possible. Just out of curiosity, why does Mary Jane close on a Saturday? Also, if the dumpage currently forecasted materializes, is there any chance of other parts of Winter Park re-opening after the announced closing date? My guess is no, it's a matter of overhead, not snowpack.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 84/15/16 at 8:58ampost #3 of 84/16/16 at 10:34ampost #4 of 84/16/16 at 11:44ampost #5 of 84/16/16 at 1:40pmThread Starter
Well, A-Basin is certainly part of the plan, but I was there 2 weeks ago, and haven't been to Loveland since early '90s. I was planning on doing A-Basin Friday, May 6th, but maybe if you all win me over with your bon vivant personalities (and buy me a bacon Bloody Mary or three), I will reconsider.post #6 of 84/16/16 at 2:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by SnowBalz
Well, A-Basin is certainly part of the plan, but I was there 2 weeks ago, and haven't been to Loveland since early '90s. I was planning on doing A-Basin Friday, May 6th, but maybe if you all win me over with your bon vivant personalities (and buy me a bacon Bloody Mary or three), I will reconsider.
Have a few for me. Can't make it, unless I quit my job.post #7 of 84/17/16 at 12:49pmOfficial statement from WP to employees:
FYI…if you get questions from public…
Subject: Upcoming terrain closing information
The Mary Jane and Parsenn Bowl territories are open with select terrain for the extended season through May 7th. After May 7th Winter Park Resort will be closed to all skiing, riding, sledding, snowmobiling, ATVs, biking and to unauthorized vehicles.
Beginning the evening of Sunday, April 24th Winter Park, Vasquez, Terrain Park, Cirque and Eagle Wind territories are closed to all skiing, riding, sledding, snowmobiling, ATVs, biking and to unauthorized vehicles. The closed sections of the mountain are closed to all users with the exception of hiking and snowshoeing. Even those users must use caution as logging, maintenance and construction are to be expected and avoided. There will be authorized events with limited authorized participants occurring so there will be skiers/riders and snowmobiles on certain terrain.
Except in terrain which is open, rescue services are not provided, obstacles are not marked or padded and avalanche mitigation is no longer conducted.
Winter Park resort re-opens for summer season Saturday, June 11th, 2016. Thanks for a great season! Be safe! Toni
Please pass this information to your staff so that questions from guests and employees may be answered appropriately. Thanks for helping get this information out.
970.726.1487 or 303.316.1487 (Denver)
Winter Park Resort, where you’ll Find Your Next… Everything! Whether it’s exploring our iconic Seven Territories or enjoying one of the many activities throughout Grand County, Winter Park is your hub for winter adventure. Check out our many affordable lodging packages and plan your mountain escape today! www.winterparkresort.com
- Closing Day at Mary Jane & Loveland?
- Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Skiing in Colorado, Drone Avalanche...
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 17 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 2 hours ago
- › Bode News 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer