- 40 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Stoke City
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Winter Park or Loveland Week Before Christmas? Last post on 8/30/16 at 8:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff or A-basin in Late April/Early May!! Last post on 5/3/16 at 3:11pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Colorado for beginners [father & 13yo son, first time, flying to Denver in March] Last post on 2/25/16 at 1:51pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Skiing in Colorado, Drone Avalanche...Last edited: 10/30/15
- Colorado Road Trip RecapLast edited: 8/29/15
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Closing Day at Mary Jane & Loveland?post #1 of 84/15/16 at 7:38amThread StarterSo I'm going to ski Colorado May 5-8. The plan is to ski A-Basin, Mary Jane and Loveland, not necessarily in that order. Mary Jane's last day is Saturday, May 7. Loveland's last day is May 8. I enjoy the party atmosphere of closing day at the small ski areas in the East, but can anyone who has been to either MJ or Luv on closing day tell me whether there are any reasons not to go on the last day? I am wondering about MJ in particular, and could ski it that Friday if I have to. I have to drive back to Denver Sunday evening, and would prefer do Loveland that day to have as short a drive as possible. Just out of curiosity, why does Mary Jane close on a Saturday? Also, if the dumpage currently forecasted materializes, is there any chance of other parts of Winter Park re-opening after the announced closing date? My guess is no, it's a matter of overhead, not snowpack.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 84/15/16 at 8:58ampost #3 of 84/16/16 at 10:34ampost #4 of 84/16/16 at 11:44ampost #5 of 84/16/16 at 1:40pmThread Starter
Well, A-Basin is certainly part of the plan, but I was there 2 weeks ago, and haven't been to Loveland since early '90s. I was planning on doing A-Basin Friday, May 6th, but maybe if you all win me over with your bon vivant personalities (and buy me a bacon Bloody Mary or three), I will reconsider.post #6 of 84/16/16 at 2:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by SnowBalz
Well, A-Basin is certainly part of the plan, but I was there 2 weeks ago, and haven't been to Loveland since early '90s. I was planning on doing A-Basin Friday, May 6th, but maybe if you all win me over with your bon vivant personalities (and buy me a bacon Bloody Mary or three), I will reconsider.
Have a few for me. Can't make it, unless I quit my job.post #7 of 84/17/16 at 12:49pmOfficial statement from WP to employees:
FYI…if you get questions from public…
Subject: Upcoming terrain closing information
The Mary Jane and Parsenn Bowl territories are open with select terrain for the extended season through May 7th. After May 7th Winter Park Resort will be closed to all skiing, riding, sledding, snowmobiling, ATVs, biking and to unauthorized vehicles.
Beginning the evening of Sunday, April 24th Winter Park, Vasquez, Terrain Park, Cirque and Eagle Wind territories are closed to all skiing, riding, sledding, snowmobiling, ATVs, biking and to unauthorized vehicles. The closed sections of the mountain are closed to all users with the exception of hiking and snowshoeing. Even those users must use caution as logging, maintenance and construction are to be expected and avoided. There will be authorized events with limited authorized participants occurring so there will be skiers/riders and snowmobiles on certain terrain.
Except in terrain which is open, rescue services are not provided, obstacles are not marked or padded and avalanche mitigation is no longer conducted.
Winter Park resort re-opens for summer season Saturday, June 11th, 2016. Thanks for a great season! Be safe! Toni
Please pass this information to your staff so that questions from guests and employees may be answered appropriately. Thanks for helping get this information out.
970.726.1487 or 303.316.1487 (Denver)
Winter Park Resort, where you’ll Find Your Next… Everything! Whether it’s exploring our iconic Seven Territories or enjoying one of the many activities throughout Grand County, Winter Park is your hub for winter adventure. Check out our many affordable lodging packages and plan your mountain escape today! www.winterparkresort.com
- Closing Day at Mary Jane & Loveland?
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 8 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 21 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 27 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 5 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 7 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 9 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › United Airlines overbooking incident 9 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review