- topicCertificationtagged by marznc, 4/12/16
Related Forum Threads
- Level 2 Attained! Last post on 3/31/17 at 3:22pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- L3 finally in the books Last post on 4/11/17 at 12:51pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- What should I take away from my Level 1 Exam? Last post on 4/5/16 at 5:57am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- PSIA Certification Process - Fair? Rigged? What's the real story? Last post on 4/15/16 at 5:00am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- PSIA level 1 written exam Last post on 3/9/16 at 5:32pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Instructor status. - Page 2
I will buy you that beer next time I am in Park City. However, not an amount fully compensatory to 37 years of helping others learn to ski. Although I have been compensated for a number of years ski instructing and race coaching, I have known more than a few skiers over the years with a knack of both an effective understanding of ski technique and an ability to transfer that knowledge to a skier of lesser caliber to their advantage. While I am sure there are ineffective and, sometimes even resulting in setback, scenarios to this equation, that does not preclude that these things happen as they should in a sport where sharing and helping are as fundamental as technique itself.
Why not? I get to change my infoI
And since I am asking, it's only fair I put my info up.
Years skiing. 52-ish
Seasons teaching 17 (all part time)
Level Full Cert! III Spring 2017
Resort Sugarbowl, California
Masterfit University, Master boot fitter/Dark arts
USOC Safe Sport.
Actually I should add that what I was really pumped about was that the instructor I had been working with on her skiing passed as well (we were the only 2) after lots of hard work on her part. It was also cool to ski with Jonathon Ballou who made a surprise visit for the exam :-)
And Ballou is so fun to ski with!
Years skiing. 38-ish
Seasons teaching 24 (all part time)
Level II (spring 2001)... The only PSIA exam I ever took... teaching and skiing all mashed into a single 3 day exam. I was a registered member when the levels were Registered, Associate, Full Cert. Registered was just a clinic requirement... no exam.
Resort Liberty Mountain
Self professed Adult Specialist and PSIA clinic junkie (I keep current)
Years skiing. 40
Raced Youth, FIS, University
Seasons teaching: 15 ish
System CSCF / CSIA
Level CSCF DL , CSIA 2
Minor in Sport Psychology, Advanced First Aid( CPR HCP, AED) , Lift line etiquette adjuster.
- Instructor status.
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 26 seconds ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 2 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 16 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 18 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Notification chain as a way to let friends and friends of friends... 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 2 days, 2 hours ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 2 days, 2 hours ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 2 days, 4 hours ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review