or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Atomic redster d2 SL - what length to choose?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Atomic redster d2 SL - what length to choose?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Dear specialists,

 

I am planning to buy the aforementioned atomic redster d2 SL next season, but I am pondering on the length of the ski I should choose. I am 170 cm and weigh about 75 kg. SHould I go for 159 or 165 length? ANy guidelines I should follow?

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bober02 View Post
 

Dear specialists,

 

I am planning to buy the aforementioned atomic redster d2 SL next season, but I am pondering on the length of the ski I should choose. I am 170 cm and weigh about 75 kg. SHould I go for 159 or 165 length? ANy guidelines I should follow?


Tough call.

250 foot vertical hill go 159 cm

300+ go 165 cm

 

If you want to carve very tight turns go small, if you like to ski faster go 165.

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
 


Tough call.

250 foot vertical hill go 159 cm

300+ go 165 cm

 

If you want to carve very tight turns go small, if you like to ski faster go 165.

I was thinking 159 might be slightly too short, but in some guidelines I saw sl skis reaching only as far as the chin height...

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bober02 View Post
 

I was thinking 159 might be slightly too short, but in some guidelines I saw sl skis reaching only as far as the chin height...

159CM, @ YOUR HEIGHT & WEIGHT.

 

I AM 5'11" AND 175LBS. AND SKI THE 165, MY SON IS 6'1" AND 225 AND SKIS THE 165.

 

AND WE ARE BOTH ON THE 37/27 FLEX FIS SKI!


Edited by Atomicman - 4/6/16 at 10:32am
post #5 of 6

I'm 5'8" and 150lbs and I have the 2016 d2 SL's.  The rocker tip does seem to shorten the ski and if I wasn't using them for racing, I would buy the 165's especially if I was skiing at +300' vertical as Ghost mentioned.

post #6 of 6

You NEVER flat run this ski (or any shape ski for that matter, I am always up on edge even it is slight) so the tip rocker makes no difference in the length once the ski is up on edge, It is just already slightly pre-bent!

 

The other option is DEMO,DEMO,DEMO!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Atomic redster d2 SL - what length to choose?