Easterner coming in for 4 days, Sat-Tue, burning my MCP days (2 at Mammoth, 2 at Squaw/alpine)
Saturday will need to be at Squaw/Alpine. I land at Reno late Friday night. Can't make it to Mammoth for Saturday skiing. (I've done Alpine Meadow a lot but not been to Squaw for quite a long while, so hope to ski Squaw this time.)
So that leaves me with 2 options:
1) Stay at Squaw Sunday and go to Mammoth Monday/Tuesday or,
2) Mammoth Sunday/Monday and back to Squaw on Tuesday.
I need help with local knowledge on condition, weather and crowd between those two:
- Condition-wise, is there much difference between Mammoth & Squaw at the moment? And given the weather forecast, is one better than the other the next few days?
- How to best take as much advantage of whatever snow that comes over Monday & Tuesday.
- How to best avoid crowds on Sat/Sun.
I'm less concern about the crowd, west coast "crowd" is nothing for an easterner. Plus, travelling alone, I use the single's line almost exclusively. That said, this is Easter weekend jammed in with Spring Break. So if there's crowd situation at particular place that I need to be aware of, I would very much appreciate it.