I am an Intermediate skiier looking to improve my skills. I ski all over the mountain but i struggle on steeper slopes and bumps. I can ski them, but not with comfort and ease, i get too defensive. I am trying to go back to easier slopes to correct my technique. I am concentrating on my body position - a work in progress. can the experts on this forum take a look and critique my skiing? thank you.
Other things I am trying to work on:
- Shin/Cuff Pressure - started to make slight contact with the boot by flexing the ankle to make sure i always feel shin against cuff of boot
- working hard to maintain stacked position, but this gets undone on steep slopes.
- trying to use the inside ski or engage it as a phantom edge so that the outside ski can edge better.
- initiate turn early in the process
- inside ski should lead the turn?
- trying to keep upper body still, lower body turns...keep head facing down...use poles to time turns. unable to do this on steep slopes.
- trying to move forward to keep balance on ball of the foot.
- keep both ski together, shud be solid platform.