Hey, so myself and several friends will be skiing at Winter Park tomorrow and I was hoping to get some tips and recommendations from anyone that frequents the resort. I and the friends I'll be skiing with are comfortable and blues and groomed blacks (which I assume includes blue-blacks at WP), but we're not big on moguls. I've never been to Winter Park, but I've skied a lot at the Vail-owned Colorado resorts (we're all locals), particularly Keystone and Vail itself. Additionally, one of my friends has only ever skied smaller mountains outside of Colorado, but says he likes harder blues, so if you could recommend any good light-ish blue runs to warm up and make sure he's good to go for Colorado blues, I'd appreciate it.
- itemWinter Parktagged by marznc, 3/4/16
Related Forum Threads
- Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Winter Park Transportation Last post on 3/7/17 at 9:19am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Request for input related to deciding between Copper, Winter Park or Steamboat for family trip Last post on 1/27/17 at 2:24pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Colorado Skiing - Which have no lift lines? Last post on 1/22/17 at 3:11pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Late March or Early April - Granby Ranch, Cooper, Other? Last post on 1/15/17 at 11:39pm in Family Skiing Discussions
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From bottom of WP take Zephyr lift or, from mid-mountain, take Eskimo lift, to top of WP and warm up on Cramner.
If you want to stay on Zephyr and keep ending up at base (not necessarily recommended), there are a number of harder groomed (at least they were last weekend) runs to the bottom (Upper and Lower Hughes and Mulligans Mile were all groomed). Also, from top, you can get to blues and blue/blacks that end up at Olympia lift (White Rabbit, JAbberwocky, Cheshire Cat, etc.) There is also a flat run down Pioneer lift, below Olympia, that has some blue runs (Buckaroo, Sundance, Stagecoach, etc.). Later, and also from the top, and assuming its open (wind dependent) ,ski on blue runs down to Panoramic Express lift and try some of the blue and blue black runs off of it.
I'll be in Denver early April and plan on skiing WP Monday April 4th. I'll be skiing the moguls and the steeper terrain. If any bears want to show me around shoot me a PM and we can put it on stand by.
- Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
- › Do not buy Rossignol SOUL 7's (or any of their products for that... 3 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 4 minutes ago
- › Total Noob Question 10 minutes ago
- › Need recommendations for boot bag that holds gear that can be... 13 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 20 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 21 minutes ago
- › Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 29 minutes ago
- › Best name for a run... 34 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 41 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 45 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!