Hey, so myself and several friends will be skiing at Winter Park tomorrow and I was hoping to get some tips and recommendations from anyone that frequents the resort. I and the friends I'll be skiing with are comfortable and blues and groomed blacks (which I assume includes blue-blacks at WP), but we're not big on moguls. I've never been to Winter Park, but I've skied a lot at the Vail-owned Colorado resorts (we're all locals), particularly Keystone and Vail itself. Additionally, one of my friends has only ever skied smaller mountains outside of Colorado, but says he likes harder blues, so if you could recommend any good light-ish blue runs to warm up and make sure he's good to go for Colorado blues, I'd appreciate it.
- itemWinter Parktagged by marznc, 3/4/16
Related Forum Threads
- any kind of andy's-like handbook for skiing winter park like a local? Last post on 11/4/16 at 2:58pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Copper vs Winter Park at Thanksgiving Last post on 10/10/16 at 3:50am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Winter Park in March Last post on 9/23/16 at 6:43am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Will Winter Park or Steamboat be Busiest the weekend before Christmas? Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From bottom of WP take Zephyr lift or, from mid-mountain, take Eskimo lift, to top of WP and warm up on Cramner.
If you want to stay on Zephyr and keep ending up at base (not necessarily recommended), there are a number of harder groomed (at least they were last weekend) runs to the bottom (Upper and Lower Hughes and Mulligans Mile were all groomed). Also, from top, you can get to blues and blue/blacks that end up at Olympia lift (White Rabbit, JAbberwocky, Cheshire Cat, etc.) There is also a flat run down Pioneer lift, below Olympia, that has some blue runs (Buckaroo, Sundance, Stagecoach, etc.). Later, and also from the top, and assuming its open (wind dependent) ,ski on blue runs down to Panoramic Express lift and try some of the blue and blue black runs off of it.
I'll be in Denver early April and plan on skiing WP Monday April 4th. I'll be skiing the moguls and the steeper terrain. If any bears want to show me around shoot me a PM and we can put it on stand by.
- Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
- › Am I nuts to book airfare to Zermatt (Zurich) now for mid-January... 14 minutes ago
- › A different kind of ski mountain - Berkshire East 17 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 23 minutes ago
- › All mountain skis for my son - expert, 5'9", 132 # 24 minutes ago
- › Most Aggressive Race Tune you ever skied? 41 minutes ago
- › Winter tires - which model to choose ? 55 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › New skis! [for Colorado to replace MX83] 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Jackets that fit over the helmet? Multisport too? (Vermont) 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis