Hey, so myself and several friends will be skiing at Winter Park tomorrow and I was hoping to get some tips and recommendations from anyone that frequents the resort. I and the friends I'll be skiing with are comfortable and blues and groomed blacks (which I assume includes blue-blacks at WP), but we're not big on moguls. I've never been to Winter Park, but I've skied a lot at the Vail-owned Colorado resorts (we're all locals), particularly Keystone and Vail itself. Additionally, one of my friends has only ever skied smaller mountains outside of Colorado, but says he likes harder blues, so if you could recommend any good light-ish blue runs to warm up and make sure he's good to go for Colorado blues, I'd appreciate it.
- itemWinter Parktagged by marznc, 3/4/16
Related Forum Threads
- Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers Last post on 3/30/17 at 2:43pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Winter Park Transportation Last post on 3/7/17 at 9:19am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Request for input related to deciding between Copper, Winter Park or Steamboat for family trip Last post on 1/27/17 at 2:24pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Colorado Skiing - Which have no lift lines? Last post on 1/22/17 at 3:11pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Late March or Early April - Granby Ranch, Cooper, Other? Last post on 1/15/17 at 11:39pm in Family Skiing Discussions
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From bottom of WP take Zephyr lift or, from mid-mountain, take Eskimo lift, to top of WP and warm up on Cramner.
If you want to stay on Zephyr and keep ending up at base (not necessarily recommended), there are a number of harder groomed (at least they were last weekend) runs to the bottom (Upper and Lower Hughes and Mulligans Mile were all groomed). Also, from top, you can get to blues and blue/blacks that end up at Olympia lift (White Rabbit, JAbberwocky, Cheshire Cat, etc.) There is also a flat run down Pioneer lift, below Olympia, that has some blue runs (Buckaroo, Sundance, Stagecoach, etc.). Later, and also from the top, and assuming its open (wind dependent) ,ski on blue runs down to Panoramic Express lift and try some of the blue and blue black runs off of it.
I'll be in Denver early April and plan on skiing WP Monday April 4th. I'll be skiing the moguls and the steeper terrain. If any bears want to show me around shoot me a PM and we can put it on stand by.
- Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 1 minute ago
- › We Heard You! 2 minutes ago
- › Reshaping only the toe box of Dalbello Thermo Custom Fit Intuitions 4 minutes ago
- › How much pu$$y have you crushed in a gondola? 7 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 7 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 31 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Everybody Laugh at the Funny Joke (bye bye) 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review