Hey, so myself and several friends will be skiing at Winter Park tomorrow and I was hoping to get some tips and recommendations from anyone that frequents the resort. I and the friends I'll be skiing with are comfortable and blues and groomed blacks (which I assume includes blue-blacks at WP), but we're not big on moguls. I've never been to Winter Park, but I've skied a lot at the Vail-owned Colorado resorts (we're all locals), particularly Keystone and Vail itself. Additionally, one of my friends has only ever skied smaller mountains outside of Colorado, but says he likes harder blues, so if you could recommend any good light-ish blue runs to warm up and make sure he's good to go for Colorado blues, I'd appreciate it.
- itemWinter Parktagged by marznc, 3/4/16
Related Forum Threads
- Copper vs Winter Park at Thanksgiving Last post on 10/10/16 at 3:50am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Winter Park in March Last post on 9/23/16 at 6:43am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Will Winter Park or Steamboat be Busiest the weekend before Christmas? Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Winter Park ski train set for 2016-17 Last post on 9/4/16 at 9:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From bottom of WP take Zephyr lift or, from mid-mountain, take Eskimo lift, to top of WP and warm up on Cramner.
If you want to stay on Zephyr and keep ending up at base (not necessarily recommended), there are a number of harder groomed (at least they were last weekend) runs to the bottom (Upper and Lower Hughes and Mulligans Mile were all groomed). Also, from top, you can get to blues and blue/blacks that end up at Olympia lift (White Rabbit, JAbberwocky, Cheshire Cat, etc.) There is also a flat run down Pioneer lift, below Olympia, that has some blue runs (Buckaroo, Sundance, Stagecoach, etc.). Later, and also from the top, and assuming its open (wind dependent) ,ski on blue runs down to Panoramic Express lift and try some of the blue and blue black runs off of it.
I'll be in Denver early April and plan on skiing WP Monday April 4th. I'll be skiing the moguls and the steeper terrain. If any bears want to show me around shoot me a PM and we can put it on stand by.
- Recommendations for skiing at Winter Park (Colorado) Tomorrow?
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 14 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 15 minutes ago
- › Bode News 28 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 43 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › what is the best advice you have on accident documentation? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Hard ear racing helmet for oddly shaped U10 head 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer