- 330 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: Minnesota
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBig Skytagged by marznc, 2/23/16
Related Forum Threads
- Big Sky Jan 20th Transportation/Lodging Advice Last post on 12/6/16 at 6:16am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Big Sky - Need recommendations for skiing, lodging, restaurants, beer, etc. Last post on 11/14/16 at 9:05am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Big Sky 2016-2017 Last post on 10/23/16 at 9:03pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Big Sky March 2016 Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:34pm in Trip Reports
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Big sky parking advise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I believe so.
There is also a free parking lot that's about a 5-minute walk (well, maybe 10) to the main base near the Summit Hotel. You can ski part of it if you walk up the hill a touch and pole across.
Here's map - see "free day parking" http://bigskyresort.com/Documents/Plan%20A%20Trip/Map_FacilityMap.pdf
Of course, you can pay to park right at the main base.
Edited by doin1 - 2/22/16 at 6:28pm
How big a group? Are you thinking of booting up at the car or in the lodge? Will the group be skiing pretty much all day? Not much to do at that Moonlight base if some people are finished earlier.
- Big sky parking advise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review: 2014 Head Rev85 Pro 10 minutes ago
- › liner packed out while skiing 13 minutes ago
- › Advice for Crud/Tracked Snow Ski 14 minutes ago
- › 2016: 1, 2, or 3 ski quiver? 14 minutes ago
- › Footbeds 16 minutes ago
- › FS - 2013 Volkl Gotamas with Marker Griffons - 170 cm 20 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 27 minutes ago
- › if you were to have just one pair of skis...which ones and why? 28 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 30 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues