- 330 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Location: Minnesota
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBig Skytagged by marznc, 2/23/16
Related Forum Threads
- When/where to buy Big Sky 2017/18 season pass ? Last post on 3/22/17 at 9:41am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best glades at Big Sky Montana? Last post on 2/27/17 at 1:23pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Do you have to ski first day of the pass? Last post on 2/9/17 at 11:13pm in General Skiing Discussion
- A Ski Resort Grows Under an Expansive Montana Sky Last post on 1/11/17 at 10:44am in General Skiing Discussion
- Xmas Holiday Ski Experiences Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Big sky parking advise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I believe so.
There is also a free parking lot that's about a 5-minute walk (well, maybe 10) to the main base near the Summit Hotel. You can ski part of it if you walk up the hill a touch and pole across.
Here's map - see "free day parking" http://bigskyresort.com/Documents/Plan%20A%20Trip/Map_FacilityMap.pdf
Of course, you can pay to park right at the main base.
Edited by doin1 - 2/22/16 at 6:28pm
How big a group? Are you thinking of booting up at the car or in the lodge? Will the group be skiing pretty much all day? Not much to do at that Moonlight base if some people are finished earlier.
- Big sky parking advise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 10 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 27 minutes ago
- › Are you man enough? K2 VO Slaloms 31 minutes ago
- › Zipfit Owners 35 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 36 minutes ago
- › How Much Wax to Wax a Ski? That Was The Question. 38 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 42 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 42 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 48 minutes ago
- › Monoskis - why bother? 49 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview