- 135 Posts. Joined 1/2015
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemSnowshoetagged by marznc, 2/23/16
Related Forum Threads
- Seeking input on No. Vermont [from Columbus, OH] Last post on 9/27/16 at 7:43am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Yesterday at 3:59 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best Skiing Close to Lexington, KY for weekend of 12/19 Last post on 12/15/15 at 5:11pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Camping in WV or NC Last post on 12/18/15 at 1:22pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ideal time for group lesson? Last post on 9/23/15 at 1:35pm in General Skiing Discussion
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Flash flood warning at snowshoe!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
skied there till lunch yesterday, in the rain. Yes, lots of runoff but base is in decent shape, though they will need to make snow if they hope to make it through Easter (which is what they've announced). It will rain there again Wed, though- this is a pretty big, warm system coming into the mid-Atlantic.
Snow thu-fri, if you're there that long!
no ice at all- was above freezing (WELL above) all weekend. Absolutely soft spring snow! I've never had so much fun on lower Shay's- it was so soft they could've reclassified it a blue! It hasn't gotten below freezing since, I think.
However...looks like rain today, then temp drops quickly tonight and stay below freezing through Sunday. Should see 5-8" Thurs, a few more Fri?
Groomers will have their hands full as the base hardens back up, that's for sure.
- Flash flood warning at snowshoe!
- › Ski carving how to improve 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!