- 103 Posts. Joined 1/2015
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemSnowshoetagged by marznc, 2/23/16
Related Forum Threads
- Seeking input on No. Vermont [from Columbus, OH] Last post on 9/27/16 at 7:43am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best Skiing Close to Lexington, KY for weekend of 12/19 Last post on 12/15/15 at 5:11pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Camping in WV or NC Last post on 12/18/15 at 1:22pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ideal time for group lesson? Last post on 9/23/15 at 1:35pm in General Skiing Discussion
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Flash flood warning at snowshoe!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
skied there till lunch yesterday, in the rain. Yes, lots of runoff but base is in decent shape, though they will need to make snow if they hope to make it through Easter (which is what they've announced). It will rain there again Wed, though- this is a pretty big, warm system coming into the mid-Atlantic.
Snow thu-fri, if you're there that long!
no ice at all- was above freezing (WELL above) all weekend. Absolutely soft spring snow! I've never had so much fun on lower Shay's- it was so soft they could've reclassified it a blue! It hasn't gotten below freezing since, I think.
However...looks like rain today, then temp drops quickly tonight and stay below freezing through Sunday. Should see 5-8" Thurs, a few more Fri?
Groomers will have their hands full as the base hardens back up, that's for sure.
- Flash flood warning at snowshoe!
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › demo ski rental shop question -- Denver Summit county area 16 minutes ago
- › Ski Recommendations 28 minutes ago
- › The Barriers To Good Skiing 44 minutes ago
- › Intermediate Zone planning thread. 57 minutes ago
- › disasterskier is festive and holiday oriented 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Jacket Recommendation 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › PSA: New DPS Wailer 112RP Pure3 for $599 shipped 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › DPS Wailer 112 RP2 Pure 3 for sale 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues