Contrary to what others have said about posting this in the Gear section, I guess the Random Humor thread is as near as we get on Epic to psychiatric counselling.
In response to your question:
|Why do people love Pocket Rockets so much?
You might get better answers at:P
There are twelve steps to a cure...
1. Admit (in public) to owning a pair
Once those in your hearing have stopped laughing at you/calling for men in white coats, you're ready for stage 2.
2. Explain how you won them in a contest.
3. Explain how you got them free with a pair of ski socks from a sports shop
4. Explain how your dear departed uncle (who died of embarrassment) left them to you in his will with the strict instructions that if you skied on them for 1 day, you would be given $10 million (now you wonder if it was worth it)
5. Explain how you bought them by mistake thinking that the name meant they were cheap alternative to Viagra/surgery
6. Explain how you bought them by mistake thinking that the name meant they were some form of WMD, and since none of your friends had pocket rockets, only sidearms, then you'd be one step ahead of them
7. Explain how you bought them to guarantee that AltaSkier never wanted to ski with you
8. Explain how you preferring fooling around in Powder than making Epic turns
9. Explain how you thought they would look good on the roof of your PT Cruiser
10. Explain how they make your PT Cruiser look good.
11. Explain how you bought them as a bet
12. Explain how you're taking them to the nearest recycling point, in the hope that some female Russian shot-putter can use the wax on the bases to reduce her ape-like armpits
Actually, I lied, these aren't steps to a cure, they're just excuses that someone might give for being on them.