or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Ski Training and Pro Forums › Ski Instruction & Coaching › New Wedge to Parallel Demo - Video
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Wedge to Parallel Demo - Video

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

On my last trip to St Anton Austria I took some time off to do a few basic Ski Instruction Demos. Here is #1. My all time favourite, Wedge to Parallel.

 

- The Wedge is performed by active weight transfer.

- The Wedge Christie is performed exactly the same way except I start out with my skis parallel and open up a wedge at turn initiation.

- The Parallel Christie is performed by up-unweighting the initiation and then passively steering through the turn.

 

 

Please leave a comment or post a question.

 

T

post #2 of 6
TDK! You are in St Anton and you are doing that? Haha. I wanna see your ripping turns, man!
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdk6 View Post
 

On my last trip to St Anton Austria I took some time off to do a few basic Ski Instruction Demos. Here is #1. My all time favourite, Wedge to Parallel.

 

- The Wedge is performed by active weight transfer.

- The Wedge Christie is performed exactly the same way except I start out with my skis parallel and open up a wedge at turn initiation.

- The Parallel Christie is performed by up-unweighting the initiation and then passively steering through the turn.

 

 

Please leave a comment or post a question.

 

T

How's the snow?  I'll be there in a month.  YM

post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip Ripply View Post

TDK! You are in St Anton and you are doing that? Haha. I wanna see your ripping turns, man!

 

Hahaa... like this:

 

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogaman View Post
 

How's the snow?  I'll be there in a month.  YM

 

I was supposed to go back there next week but our plans changed and we are going to Kaprun instead. In StAnton all lifts were running and there was enough snow on the slopes for regular skiing. Like in the video here above from Gampen.  We made the tour to Lech and even as far as the newly integrated area of Warth but this year it was not worth the effort. Der Weisse Ring starting at Zuers was icy and full of stones. The busses crowded and where we were supposed to have lunch they did not take credit cards. On our 3rd and last day we had some heavy snow fall the previous night and I got to ski some powder and bumps. Check out the video in previous posting for a visual.

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdk6 View Post

Hahaa... like this:



Much more entertaining!
Don't forget that, although you may be more "two footed" on that terrain and those conditions, you still want to balance on the outside ski. I like your intent!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Instruction & Coaching
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Ski Training and Pro Forums › Ski Instruction & Coaching › New Wedge to Parallel Demo - Video