or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Baddest Geezer on Epic? - Page 2

post #31 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine View Post
 

A truly valid point Paul.

However, I consider Rye to be more a of a Canadian thing these days.

Real Americans drink Bourbon.

That bottle of Gibson's Rye that snuck in here just didn't work.

Good Bourbon....

 

I'll see your "american" bourbon, and raise you with american rye: High West, Michter's, and Whistlepig.  Sorry - no photos - it bruises the whiskey ;) 

post #32 of 55

Geezer = some level of chronic pain resulting in shorter fuse.  80 year olds without any chronic pain are anomalies (I'm being nice here - chronic pain, remember?) and belong in a separate category which I will refrain from giving a title (again, with the crankiness). 

 

And while we're at it, "badass" has an entirely different meaning when attached to geezer, as compared to those of the younger persuasion e.g. for men: confident enough in our masculinity to sit when we pee, women: ….. I don't know, I'm a man.  

post #33 of 55

Geezer is what geezer does. Resist with every breath. Be young at spirit, but drink old ones. Be young at heart, and long on wisdom. May you ski forever young.

 

Hold 'er' Newt, she's headed for the rhubarb!

post #34 of 55

This is looking more like the thread for drunkest geezer:newkeyboard:

post #35 of 55

I don't belong in such august company, but the beer recs are worth showing up for.  

 

So Lagunitas IPA Maximus — not their booziest at 8.5%, but awful good.

 

Irish whiskey? The fancy stuff is johnny-come-lately. The real thing is John Powers Gold Label, 3 swallow brand.

 

(And who can argue with a good bourbon?)

post #36 of 55
 
 
 

rye,bourbon,Irish whiskey all have their place but I go for either one of my single malts or cognacs

post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by noncrazycanuck View Post
 

rye,bourbon,Irish whiskey all have their place but I go for either one of my single malts or cognacs

Totally agree. 

post #38 of 55
Geezerhood doesn't begin until you're on Medicare. Been there for eleven years now. But I look nothing like the picture of the guy with the stick.

post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by noncrazycanuck View Post
 
 
 
 

rye,bourbon,Irish whiskey all have their place but I go for either one of my single malts or cognacs


No argument at all. Armagnac's an interesting drink as well.

 

(Geezer topics for geezers, huh?)

post #40 of 55

So, in summary, Geezerhood is whatever we damn well want it to be, as is baddassery. Works for me. 

post #41 of 55

And gin. Don't forget gin.

 

I love to drink, but I stop after one. Or two. Sometimes two.

post #42 of 55

 I nominate @Ott Gangl for baddest geezer. He even has his own emoticon here..

 

:Ott

post #43 of 55

Well, at 84 I certainly am considered a geezer but how come inside I still feel like 25? Thanks for the nomination, my wedeln by now should be near a billion turns.

post #44 of 55
I'm still a kid at 66, started skiing in 1959,and good rum is my drink. Being married to a hottie who is 14 years my junior (she used to be an international touring professional volleyball player) helps keep me young and wears me out all at the same time...
post #45 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lutes View Post
 

Geezer = some level of chronic pain resulting in shorter fuse.  80 year olds without any chronic pain are anomalies (I'm being nice here - chronic pain, remember?) and belong in a separate category which I will refrain from giving a title (again, with the crankiness). 

This brings up an interesting point. If there were an age limit like this on geezerhood, maybe we need a period of apprenticeship? A designated age range where we could simply be 'Old Farts"?

 

Remember this is EPIC, nothing ever gets decided without being totally over analyzed. Tradition must be followed by a bunch of Old Farts and Geezers.

post #46 of 55

Since we rapidly running out of time, and I'm just a petty bureaucrat at heart, I lean towards keeping it black and white: at some point your a geezer whether you want to be or not.  It's not like there's a test or probationary period.  I suppose  you could say that rehabbing from serious injury is a form of preparatory training for geezerdom, but it's certainly not a prerequisite.

post #47 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lutes View Post
 

I suppose  you could say that rehabbing from serious injury is a form of preparatory training for geezerdom, but it's certainly not a prerequisite.

 

I should prefer to avoid this, if possible. 

post #48 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post

Being married to a hottie who is 14 years my junior (she used to be an international touring professional volleyball player) helps keep me young and wears me out all at the same time...

Thats a minus 14 handicap; good for you!  I have a friend who's a minus 12 and I'm jealous of him.

post #49 of 55

I've met alot of badass geezers at Alta this year, 80+ ski free, met a dozen or so members of that club still getting after it! 

 

Awesome -  hope to be doing the same one day

post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lutes View Post
 

 It's not like there's a test or probationary period.  

That is called, "youth".

post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lutes View Post
 

I have serious doubts on the beer qualification - seems like a light weight younger person/infant's preference.  I nominate Rye Whiskey instead.  


 My Grandfather had a class of rye whiskey every day, and he lived to be 96.  

post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott Gangl View Post
 

Well, at 84 I certainly am considered a geezer but how come inside I still feel like 25? Thanks for the nomination, my wedeln by now should be near a billion turns.

 

 

I too vote for Ott.

post #53 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
 

 I nominate @Ott Gangl for baddest geezer. He even has his own emoticon here..

 

:Ott

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott Gangl View Post
 

Well, at 84 I certainly am considered a geezer but how come inside I still feel like 25? Thanks for the nomination, my wedeln by now should be near a billion turns.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post
 

 

 

I too vote for Ott.

 

My nomination appears accepted and seconded!  Ott for EpicSki BG!

post #54 of 55
Thread Starter 

Thirded!

post #55 of 55
Eh, I vote for @Mdskier. Kinda young at 69, but he pushes us youngsters in our 50's. "Not another groomer! Let's do something gnarly."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion