- 5,724 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: KSRS
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSki Instructiontagged by marznc, 3/26/16
Related Forum Threads
- Class of 2016 PSIA Demo team announced! Last post on 4/23/16 at 12:43pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Causes of Wedging on Short Turns Last post on 12/24/15 at 8:09am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- taking lessons, figuring it out on your own, reading how-to-books, etc. Last post on 6/9/13 at 2:47pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- How to become a good Pro Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:09am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- A Thing I Wrote on Mogul Absorption Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:24am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean Mountain Experience
Last edited: 5/4/13
- Absorption in MogulsLast edited: 9/20/12
- PSIA Certification Program for Ski Schools?Last edited: 11/22/11
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- Ski Instruction And Coaching Forum Posting GuidelinesLast edited: 6/3/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Polite way to get another instructor? - Page 2post #31 of 382/7/16 at 3:50amStill it would be worse if a company didn't ask, or care about why a customer left dissatisfied.post #32 of 382/7/16 at 3:51am
Was thinking that too.
Just relying on paying customers to be honest in their feedback or complaints doesn't yield feedback that is always reliable whereas someone who is specifically paid to do the review will be less prone to exaggerate or confect a review.post #33 of 382/7/16 at 4:02amQuote:
It would but it has to be handled by someone with the customer service skills.
Keeping in mind that, if a customer seeks a refund because they are not satisfied one thing is sure and that is they are none to happy by that stage.
It takes some customer service skills to turn that around and not make it worse.post #34 of 382/7/16 at 8:40am
When I worked at a ski school they did and tested every new hire with a secret shopper private lesson. After not getting picked for line up I skied off with a couple others for a safety meeting and got paged back for mine. Guy pretended to be a low intermediate skiing in Scott boots, hart Freestyles, and Spademan bindings. I was suspicious but confirmed a week later when the same guy showed up at the "BORED Meeting" as a friend of the director at the resort pub after the Thursday night clinics.post #35 of 382/7/16 at 8:50amQuote:
What if the problem is with another student in the group lesson, like if they say something that is offensive to you, albeit unintentionally?post #36 of 382/7/16 at 8:55amQuote:
If you ask to ride the lift with instructor and explain what happened, I would bet the instructor would ask if you wanted to be moved to another class.
I would contact my supervisor, explain the situation. There are many opportunities to resolve this situation.post #37 of 382/7/16 at 1:20pmQuote:
What if you're not on lift served terrain yet, over on the magic carpet? That's really where most of these scenarios are most likely where the group is packed together really focusing on the task at hand to happen if not in a private.
Some people just prefer to beat around the bush and avoid awkward situations. I'm not going to really hold that against them, but I do agree however they excuse themselves they need to make it clear they aren't coming back so the rest can carry on without them. Personally, I'd probably just excuse myself and not even bother to go to the ski school desk, just write off the $20-$60 an hour costs around here. If it were a half day or full day I'd go ask for a different option but only for longer engagements.post #38 of 382/7/16 at 2:50pmToo little information in the first post is leading many to fill in the blanks with some negative assumptions. Not getting along with someone and that causing disappointment in a student may be enough for some to excuse themselves from a lesson. It is rarer than all the hypothetical situations being mentioned but it does happen. In that situation a quick discussion with the coach in private is hardly too much to ask.
- Polite way to get another instructor?
- Absorption in Moguls
- › Basic entry level poles? 13 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 23 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 25 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 4 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer