- 5,903 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSki Instructiontagged by marznc, 3/26/16
Related Forum Threads
- Class of 2016 PSIA Demo team announced! Last post on 4/23/16 at 12:43pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Causes of Wedging on Short Turns Last post on 12/24/15 at 8:09am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- taking lessons, figuring it out on your own, reading how-to-books, etc. Last post on 6/9/13 at 2:47pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- How to become a good Pro Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:09am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- A Thing I Wrote on Mogul Absorption Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:24am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean Mountain Experience
Last edited: 5/4/13
- Absorption in MogulsLast edited: 9/20/12
- PSIA Certification Program for Ski Schools?Last edited: 11/22/11
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- Ski Instruction And Coaching Forum Posting GuidelinesLast edited: 6/3/11
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Polite way to get another instructor? - Page 2post #31 of 382/7/16 at 3:50amStill it would be worse if a company didn't ask, or care about why a customer left dissatisfied.post #32 of 382/7/16 at 3:51am
Was thinking that too.
Just relying on paying customers to be honest in their feedback or complaints doesn't yield feedback that is always reliable whereas someone who is specifically paid to do the review will be less prone to exaggerate or confect a review.post #33 of 382/7/16 at 4:02amQuote:
It would but it has to be handled by someone with the customer service skills.
Keeping in mind that, if a customer seeks a refund because they are not satisfied one thing is sure and that is they are none to happy by that stage.
It takes some customer service skills to turn that around and not make it worse.post #34 of 382/7/16 at 8:40am
When I worked at a ski school they did and tested every new hire with a secret shopper private lesson. After not getting picked for line up I skied off with a couple others for a safety meeting and got paged back for mine. Guy pretended to be a low intermediate skiing in Scott boots, hart Freestyles, and Spademan bindings. I was suspicious but confirmed a week later when the same guy showed up at the "BORED Meeting" as a friend of the director at the resort pub after the Thursday night clinics.post #35 of 382/7/16 at 8:50amQuote:
What if the problem is with another student in the group lesson, like if they say something that is offensive to you, albeit unintentionally?post #36 of 382/7/16 at 8:55amQuote:
If you ask to ride the lift with instructor and explain what happened, I would bet the instructor would ask if you wanted to be moved to another class.
I would contact my supervisor, explain the situation. There are many opportunities to resolve this situation.post #37 of 382/7/16 at 1:20pmQuote:
What if you're not on lift served terrain yet, over on the magic carpet? That's really where most of these scenarios are most likely where the group is packed together really focusing on the task at hand to happen if not in a private.
Some people just prefer to beat around the bush and avoid awkward situations. I'm not going to really hold that against them, but I do agree however they excuse themselves they need to make it clear they aren't coming back so the rest can carry on without them. Personally, I'd probably just excuse myself and not even bother to go to the ski school desk, just write off the $20-$60 an hour costs around here. If it were a half day or full day I'd go ask for a different option but only for longer engagements.post #38 of 382/7/16 at 2:50pmToo little information in the first post is leading many to fill in the blanks with some negative assumptions. Not getting along with someone and that causing disappointment in a student may be enough for some to excuse themselves from a lesson. It is rarer than all the hypothetical situations being mentioned but it does happen. In that situation a quick discussion with the coach in private is hardly too much to ask.
- Polite way to get another instructor?
- Absorption in Moguls
- › FS 2016 Salomon X Pro 130, Mondo 27.0 / 27.5 4 minutes ago
- › Top 20 Boots, Skis, and Bindings 6 minutes ago
- › Total Noob Question [about installing bindings] 9 minutes ago
- › ***** CHEAP & HIGH QUALITY SKI IN IRAN ***** 9 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? 13 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 13 minutes ago
- › Dynafit One PX 28.5, Worn Once, $165.00 shipped USA only 16 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 36 minutes ago
- › Tips for Planning Family Ski Trips from flatlands (Midwest, SE,... 42 minutes ago
- › Help! All Mountain or Frontside? (Volkl 81 RTM/Salomon 8.0/Atomic... 43 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!