or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Damaged ski edge

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Dear EpicSki community,

 

I've just got my new pair of Salomon Q105 skis and after 2 days of skiing I noticed there is a ~1 inch damage on the inside edge of the ski near the center (tree roots / rocks I suppose). 

I would really appreciate if someone could give me an advice on how this should be treated. 

 

Should I always use this edge as an outside edge or can still swap the skis to balance the wear?  

By the way, the skis have L / R marks on them, but apart from the graphics they look symmetrical to me. I didn't notice any difference in sharpness of the edges either. Any idea what is the marking for?

 

Here are some photos:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you,

Narek. 

post #2 of 8

Don't ski that without repairing it.  Moisture will get in and quickly rot the ski from the inside.  Take it in to a shop, preferably the one you purchased it from, and see if they can repair it some... after that, yes always keep that ski on the left so the bad edge is outside.

post #3 of 8

Agreed, I would have it repaired.  At least bring it to a shop to see what they think in person.  It's tough to diagnose whether you should ski it or not through pictures, but to err on the safe side would be to hold off skiing them.

 

Your skis do not have a designated left and right.  Typically I would suggest switching them frequently so they wear evenly.  In this case, however, it would be smart to keep that edge as your outside edge.

post #4 of 8

I think the L/R he's referring is the one some shops put on after they mount the bindings.

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 

The L/R markings are on the skis just below the bindings (I mounted them myself). 

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
 

Don't ski that without repairing it.  Moisture will get in and quickly rot the ski from the inside.  Take it in to a shop, preferably the one you purchased it from, and see if they can repair it some... after that, yes always keep that ski on the left so the bad edge is outside.

This.  Needs to dry first, then epoxy/clamp to try and keep moisture out.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantunamunch View Post
 

I think the L/R he's referring is the one some shops put on after they mount the bindings.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsaribekyan View Post
 

The L/R markings are on the skis just below the bindings (I mounted them myself). 


I can tell by the photo that using that damaged ski on the left going forward, post repair, would be advised..

post #8 of 8

I'd also talk to the shop, or send an e-mail to Solomon.  If you bought it from an authorized dealer you might be able to get a replacement ski at a decent discount. 

 

Also, that sucks.  I did the same thing to a pair of 6 day old Dynastars and I am not sure I am over it yet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion