Looking to head up to Sunday River Friday night as they are expecting 3-5 inches on Saturday. Anyone know of cheap places to stay in either Bethel or Newry? Doesn't have to be nice and don't have to have my own room. Ski dorms work. Just looking for a cheap place to crash for the night.
- itemSunday River Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 1/13/16
Related Forum Threads
- Sunday River - Super Bowl weekend Last post on 2/11/17 at 10:45am in Trip Reports
- Should I try skiing in the East again? Last post on 8/13/16 at 3:14pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Spruce Peak Triple at Sunday River needs major repair, failure in July 2016 Last post on 9/22/16 at 12:07pm in Skiing News
- Late season East Coast Skiing?! Last post on 4/13/16 at 8:33am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-16 Northeast Region Stoke, Weather, News, Chat Last post on 9/2/16 at 3:56am in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Skiing Maine on a BudgetLast edited: 5/28/13
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
- Skiing Maine on a Budget
Cheapest Place to Spend the Night at Sunday River
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Three years ago I stayed in Bethel, ME at the Norseman Inn for about $80 per night. It’s three miles from Sunday River and the room was very clean and included a microwave and minifridge. Also, you could look into Snowcap lodge/hostel right at the ski area, not sure if they take small individual groups:
- Cheapest Place to Spend the Night at Sunday River
- › Sitting in the backseat 4 minutes ago
- › Skis, boots, or me? 5 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 8 minutes ago
- › Lech am Arlberg, March 3rd-11th 9 minutes ago
- › Early 2018 Gathering Thread 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Flylow Higgins Jackets Size L Bluebird color 17 minutes ago
- › Best resort to challenge me and my husband March 18-25, NY/NH/VT? 18 minutes ago
- › Before and after 21 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 44 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 48 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!