Looking to head up to Sunday River Friday night as they are expecting 3-5 inches on Saturday. Anyone know of cheap places to stay in either Bethel or Newry? Doesn't have to be nice and don't have to have my own room. Ski dorms work. Just looking for a cheap place to crash for the night.
- itemSunday River Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 1/13/16
Related Forum Threads
- Should I try skiing in the East again? Last post on 8/13/16 at 3:14pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Spruce Peak Triple at Sunday River needs major repair, failure in July 2016 Last post on 9/22/16 at 12:07pm in Skiing News
- Late season East Coast Skiing?! Last post on 4/13/16 at 8:33am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-16 Northeast Region Stoke, Weather, News, Chat Last post on 9/2/16 at 3:56am in General Skiing Discussion
- CNL looking for buyer for 16 ski resorts, operational leases would not change Last post on 11/5/16 at 1:04pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Skiing Maine on a BudgetLast edited: 5/28/13
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- Skiing Maine on a Budget
Cheapest Place to Spend the Night at Sunday River
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Three years ago I stayed in Bethel, ME at the Norseman Inn for about $80 per night. It’s three miles from Sunday River and the room was very clean and included a microwave and minifridge. Also, you could look into Snowcap lodge/hostel right at the ski area, not sure if they take small individual groups:
- Cheapest Place to Spend the Night at Sunday River
- › Jacket Recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 19 minutes ago
- › Boot alignment Poll 31 minutes ago
- › Resource list discussion thread 1 - books. 36 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 38 minutes ago
- › Lange RS 2017 boots 41 minutes ago
- › Arcteryx vs Patagonia 45 minutes ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 57 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues