As an Aussie after harbouring a 20 year dream to tackle the anecdotally best steepest and deepest of American skiing I finally have the opportunity to combine trip of a family wedding in late April in Florida with an excuse which will of course go straight to Jackson Hole. Having not convinced my cousin to move his wedding date to an earlier to accommodate, I will have to ski in the first and second week of April. When I lived in Georgetown Colorado back in the late 80's I skied Copper Mountain et al in early april and I had beautiful experiences of late powder,good cover and sizeable falls. What is it like now 20 years later in the global warming age? It has been my dream for 20 years, will I be crushed?
- itemJackson Holetagged by marznc, 1/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- Jackson Hole Roadtrip Jan./Feb. 2017 [driving from MN] Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Skiing-in-Jackson is back! Winter can start now. Last post on 11/17/16 at 3:39pm in General Skiing Discussion
- JH vs Keystone Last post on 10/31/16 at 7:58pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Looking for an Alta lodge experience at JH or W/B Last post on 9/28/16 at 8:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Jackson Hole: Stay in Teton Village or Outside Last post on 10/6/16 at 1:49pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
Last edited: 11/21/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Jackson Hole early April
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/11/16 at 2:23ampost #3 of 31/11/16 at 2:36am
And Jackson Hole late in the season is not the best time for powder due to the lower elevations, lots of East facing terrain, some South facing terrain, and not much North facing terrain despite the acreage of the resort.
Go to Snowbird, Utah instead. Fly to Salt Lake City. Snowbird is great in April. You might even get the powder that you are looking for. Last year on April 15th they had a storm dump 4 feet. It's probably your easiest and best bet. Check it out.
- Jackson Hole early April
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Winter tires - which model to choose ? 35 minutes ago
- › POLL: The Future of Politics and Hot Topics 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Scariest run you've ever done ? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Ski boots for wide feet, Tecnica Ten.2 100HVL 16/17 or something... 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Am I nuts to book airfare to Zermatt (Zurich) now for mid-January... 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › FS Quiver Purge 4 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Most Aggressive Race Tune you ever skied? 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis