As an Aussie after harbouring a 20 year dream to tackle the anecdotally best steepest and deepest of American skiing I finally have the opportunity to combine trip of a family wedding in late April in Florida with an excuse which will of course go straight to Jackson Hole. Having not convinced my cousin to move his wedding date to an earlier to accommodate, I will have to ski in the first and second week of April. When I lived in Georgetown Colorado back in the late 80's I skied Copper Mountain et al in early april and I had beautiful experiences of late powder,good cover and sizeable falls. What is it like now 20 years later in the global warming age? It has been my dream for 20 years, will I be crushed?
- itemJackson Holetagged by marznc, 1/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- JH vs Keystone Last post on Today at 7:28 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Looking for an Alta lodge experience at JH or W/B Last post on 9/28/16 at 8:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Jackson Hole: Stay in Teton Village or Outside Last post on 10/6/16 at 1:49pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Flight Prices from North East to Jackson Hole Last post on 9/26/16 at 2:41pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
- Powder 8 Tracks In Cody BowlLast edited: 9/12/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Jackson Hole early April
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/11/16 at 2:23ampost #3 of 31/11/16 at 2:36am
And Jackson Hole late in the season is not the best time for powder due to the lower elevations, lots of East facing terrain, some South facing terrain, and not much North facing terrain despite the acreage of the resort.
Go to Snowbird, Utah instead. Fly to Salt Lake City. Snowbird is great in April. You might even get the powder that you are looking for. Last year on April 15th they had a storm dump 4 feet. It's probably your easiest and best bet. Check it out.
- Jackson Hole early April
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...
- › Bottom of Foot Pain - Tried it All (long read, please help) 9 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 10 minutes ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 14 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 15 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 17 minutes ago
- › Bode News 17 minutes ago
- › NYC Gathering in the city, before the snow starts [Nov. 3] 20 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 20 minutes ago
- › Two new lifts at Powder Mountain? 25 minutes ago
- › FS: Hestra Heli Gloves, Black, Size 8 - Brand New $95 shipped to... 30 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer