As an Aussie after harbouring a 20 year dream to tackle the anecdotally best steepest and deepest of American skiing I finally have the opportunity to combine trip of a family wedding in late April in Florida with an excuse which will of course go straight to Jackson Hole. Having not convinced my cousin to move his wedding date to an earlier to accommodate, I will have to ski in the first and second week of April. When I lived in Georgetown Colorado back in the late 80's I skied Copper Mountain et al in early april and I had beautiful experiences of late powder,good cover and sizeable falls. What is it like now 20 years later in the global warming age? It has been my dream for 20 years, will I be crushed?
- itemJackson Holetagged by marznc, 1/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- Jackson Hole March 10 - 15 Last post on 3/6/17 at 2:25pm in General Skiing Discussion
- JH Steep and Deep vs Alta Powder Tracks vs. ? Last post on 2/20/17 at 7:10am in General Skiing Discussion
- Jackson Hole CLOSED on 2/8, re-opened on 2/13/17, wind damage meant NO POWER for a few days at... Last post on 2/21/17 at 3:32pm in Skiing News
- Jackson Hole Closed, hits 400" Last post on 2/10/17 at 7:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- Jackson hole ski trip Last post on 2/12/17 at 8:36am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
Last edited: 11/21/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Jackson Hole early April
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/11/16 at 2:23ampost #3 of 31/11/16 at 2:36am
And Jackson Hole late in the season is not the best time for powder due to the lower elevations, lots of East facing terrain, some South facing terrain, and not much North facing terrain despite the acreage of the resort.
Go to Snowbird, Utah instead. Fly to Salt Lake City. Snowbird is great in April. You might even get the powder that you are looking for. Last year on April 15th they had a storm dump 4 feet. It's probably your easiest and best bet. Check it out.
- Jackson Hole early April
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 4 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 5 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 6 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 7 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 11 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Notification chain as a way to let friends and friends of friends... 14 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 1 day, 14 hours ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 1 day, 15 hours ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 1 day, 16 hours ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review