2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti says it has 2 sheets of metal. Previous Fire Arrow 80 ti had one sheet of metal and they made the Pro version with 2 sheets of metal. Do they plan on coming out later with a Pro version? I have previous blue Nordica Fire Arrow 80 Pro's and was curious how the new model stacks up in performance.
- brandNordicatagged by marznc, 1/8/16
Related Forum Threads
- Nordica Santa Ana vs Nordica Nemesis Last post on 2/26/16 at 6:05am in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 Review - East Coast Daily Driver? Last post on 2/26/16 at 8:33am in Member Gear Reviews
- Nordica Infinite vs. Wild Belle Last post on 1/11/16 at 7:15pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Demoing the Enforcer in Aspen Snowmass Last post on 1/23/16 at 5:30am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Any benefits to upgrading a ~10 year old race carver? Last post on 7/26/16 at 7:38pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 Review
Last edited: 8/4/16
- 2013 EpicSki Gear GuideLast edited: 12/7/12
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
- Nordica Binding RecallLast edited: 4/23/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti??? Any one ski it? How does it compare to previous models?post #2 of 61/6/16 at 8:52pm
Everything changes after this season. The Fire Arrow is being re-done and the new version is called GT. There will be an 84, 80 and 76(IIRC). The Titanal sheet or sheets will be milled out like the NRGy series. There is no EDT designation so that tech is gone. I have a FA84 EDT and it is the best frontside ski I've ever owned, as well as the most demanding. I fear the new skis will not be comparable at all.post #3 of 61/8/16 at 11:58amThread Starter
I tried 84edt but don't think my style or injuries matched with that square tip shape. I like to ski with aggressive massive edges and felt at odds on that that tip plus it felt like it wanted to plow the more aggressive I got on that ski throwing it way out there. It could be related to my injuries some but 84edt felt best with more upright stance to avoid its tip. I like aggressive tips that will bite and want to suck you into a turn and I can adapt to most skis but felt at odds on 84edt. I will admit the 84edt is an insane power house ride with tons of grip to spare but I just wish it had more rounded tip.post #4 of 61/8/16 at 2:22pmThe 84EDT is a demanding ski. But, if skied correctly it provides an exhilerating ride. Fore-aft balance is incredibly important. The new GT series all have more rounded tips so you make like one of them, but I doubt any of them will compare to the FA 84EDT.post #5 of 61/9/16 at 11:29ampost #6 of 62/26/16 at 5:51pmI just ordered the '16 FA 80 Ti in a 174. Haven't demoed it, but am excited to try it out.
I'm not looking for the utmost in carving (got some Nordica FIS SLs and Dobermann GSR cheaters for that), but want an all-rounder that can carve, chew up the crud, and steer through the bumps.
I won't be able to compare it to the older FireArrows, but can post up some impressions once I get them if anyone is interested.
- 2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti??? Any one ski it? How does it compare to previous models?
- 2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
- › Mikaela Shiffrin Training 9 minutes ago
- › PSA - Tyrolia Attack 13 Ski Bindings 2017 - $119 17 minutes ago
- › I want to taste the Kastle Kool-Aid but... 24 minutes ago
- › Giant Slalom, 1994 World Technical Skiing Championships 24 minutes ago
- › Binding Brakes / Size - Pivot to Enforcer 100 24 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 27 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 44 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 47 minutes ago
- › how to get into tree skiing 51 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 56 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview