2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti says it has 2 sheets of metal. Previous Fire Arrow 80 ti had one sheet of metal and they made the Pro version with 2 sheets of metal. Do they plan on coming out later with a Pro version? I have previous blue Nordica Fire Arrow 80 Pro's and was curious how the new model stacks up in performance.
- brandNordicatagged by marznc, 1/8/16
Related Forum Threads
- Nordica Santa Ana vs Nordica Nemesis Last post on 2/26/16 at 6:05am in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 Review - East Coast Daily Driver? Last post on 2/26/16 at 8:33am in Member Gear Reviews
- Nordica Infinite vs. Wild Belle Last post on 1/11/16 at 7:15pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Demoing the Enforcer in Aspen Snowmass Last post on 1/23/16 at 5:30am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Any benefits to upgrading a ~10 year old race carver? Last post on 7/26/16 at 7:38pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 Review
Last edited: 8/4/16
- 2013 EpicSki Gear GuideLast edited: 12/7/12
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
- Nordica Binding RecallLast edited: 4/23/11
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti??? Any one ski it? How does it compare to previous models?post #2 of 61/6/16 at 8:52pm
Everything changes after this season. The Fire Arrow is being re-done and the new version is called GT. There will be an 84, 80 and 76(IIRC). The Titanal sheet or sheets will be milled out like the NRGy series. There is no EDT designation so that tech is gone. I have a FA84 EDT and it is the best frontside ski I've ever owned, as well as the most demanding. I fear the new skis will not be comparable at all.post #3 of 61/8/16 at 11:58amThread Starter
I tried 84edt but don't think my style or injuries matched with that square tip shape. I like to ski with aggressive massive edges and felt at odds on that that tip plus it felt like it wanted to plow the more aggressive I got on that ski throwing it way out there. It could be related to my injuries some but 84edt felt best with more upright stance to avoid its tip. I like aggressive tips that will bite and want to suck you into a turn and I can adapt to most skis but felt at odds on 84edt. I will admit the 84edt is an insane power house ride with tons of grip to spare but I just wish it had more rounded tip.post #4 of 61/8/16 at 2:22pmThe 84EDT is a demanding ski. But, if skied correctly it provides an exhilerating ride. Fore-aft balance is incredibly important. The new GT series all have more rounded tips so you make like one of them, but I doubt any of them will compare to the FA 84EDT.post #5 of 61/9/16 at 11:29ampost #6 of 62/26/16 at 5:51pmI just ordered the '16 FA 80 Ti in a 174. Haven't demoed it, but am excited to try it out.
I'm not looking for the utmost in carving (got some Nordica FIS SLs and Dobermann GSR cheaters for that), but want an all-rounder that can carve, chew up the crud, and steer through the bumps.
I won't be able to compare it to the older FireArrows, but can post up some impressions once I get them if anyone is interested.
- 2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti??? Any one ski it? How does it compare to previous models?
- 2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
- › Can you get custom ski liners for a previous shell? 7 minutes ago
- › driving from Vail to Park City (PCMR) 23 minutes ago
- › Confusion over biomechanics in switch skiing 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Early season GS Training (video) 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › if you were to have just one pair of skis...which ones and why? 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › 2016: your 1, 2, or 3 ski quiver 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 3 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Flamingo drill
- › Bamboo over the shoulder drill
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...