2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti says it has 2 sheets of metal. Previous Fire Arrow 80 ti had one sheet of metal and they made the Pro version with 2 sheets of metal. Do they plan on coming out later with a Pro version? I have previous blue Nordica Fire Arrow 80 Pro's and was curious how the new model stacks up in performance.
- brandNordicatagged by marznc, 1/8/16
Related Forum Threads
- Nordica Santa Ana vs Nordica Nemesis Last post on 2/26/16 at 6:05am in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 Review - East Coast Daily Driver? Last post on 2/26/16 at 8:33am in Member Gear Reviews
- Nordica Infinite vs. Wild Belle Last post on 1/11/16 at 7:15pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Demoing the Enforcer in Aspen Snowmass Last post on 1/23/16 at 5:30am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Any benefits to upgrading a ~10 year old race carver? Last post on 7/26/16 at 7:38pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 Review
Last edited: 8/4/16
- 2013 EpicSki Gear GuideLast edited: 12/7/12
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
- Nordica Binding RecallLast edited: 4/23/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti??? Any one ski it? How does it compare to previous models?post #2 of 61/6/16 at 8:52pm
Everything changes after this season. The Fire Arrow is being re-done and the new version is called GT. There will be an 84, 80 and 76(IIRC). The Titanal sheet or sheets will be milled out like the NRGy series. There is no EDT designation so that tech is gone. I have a FA84 EDT and it is the best frontside ski I've ever owned, as well as the most demanding. I fear the new skis will not be comparable at all.post #3 of 61/8/16 at 11:58amThread Starter
I tried 84edt but don't think my style or injuries matched with that square tip shape. I like to ski with aggressive massive edges and felt at odds on that that tip plus it felt like it wanted to plow the more aggressive I got on that ski throwing it way out there. It could be related to my injuries some but 84edt felt best with more upright stance to avoid its tip. I like aggressive tips that will bite and want to suck you into a turn and I can adapt to most skis but felt at odds on 84edt. I will admit the 84edt is an insane power house ride with tons of grip to spare but I just wish it had more rounded tip.post #4 of 61/8/16 at 2:22pmThe 84EDT is a demanding ski. But, if skied correctly it provides an exhilerating ride. Fore-aft balance is incredibly important. The new GT series all have more rounded tips so you make like one of them, but I doubt any of them will compare to the FA 84EDT.post #5 of 61/9/16 at 11:29ampost #6 of 62/26/16 at 5:51pmI just ordered the '16 FA 80 Ti in a 174. Haven't demoed it, but am excited to try it out.
I'm not looking for the utmost in carving (got some Nordica FIS SLs and Dobermann GSR cheaters for that), but want an all-rounder that can carve, chew up the crud, and steer through the bumps.
I won't be able to compare it to the older FireArrows, but can post up some impressions once I get them if anyone is interested.
- 2016 Nordica Fire Arrow 80 ti??? Any one ski it? How does it compare to previous models?
- 2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 18 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 20 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 45 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 50 minutes ago
- › fischer skis the new curve or progressors 55 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 55 minutes ago
- › Holiday Valley, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Bristol Lets Meetup! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer