- 96 Posts. Joined 1/2015
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Telluride in early Jan Last post on 10/28/16 at 6:44pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Telluride March 11-18 2017 Last post on 10/28/16 at 10:35am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Red blood cell adaptation at altitude begins within hours. Last post on 10/19/16 at 8:11am in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
- Trip Advice Last post on 10/17/16 at 10:46am in General Skiing Discussion
- How much snow to expect in Telluride this February? Last post on 10/5/16 at 5:36pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Altitude Adaptation And Acute Mountain Sickness
Last edited: 10/14/13
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Telluride altitude & o2 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Drink lots of water and keep water and ibuprofin/aspirin on your night stand because you'll wake up in the middle of the night with a headache, dry mouth and a need to pee (if you've been drinking your water).
Not much to add. Plenty of good advise. Especially the water. If you do think you are getting altitude sickness then you might want to consider going to Montrose for a few hours or more as an option. It's not fun and should be taken seriously.
Have a great time.
I've never been to Telluride but spent a lot of time in Summit Co, Co. Same altitude. My main problem was at night. Headachy and trouble sleeping. The cure for me was to drink tons of water. It didn't help the sleeping too much as I was peeing all night, but at least I felt better. It's not perfect, but for most it's only annoying.
- Telluride altitude & o2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bode News 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Japan Jan. 2017 - Looking for some planning advice/help! 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Crasche Hat Product Review 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Deciding between staying in Alta or Park City area - Family Trip 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Car Camping - Drying Gear (without power outlets) 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Breck for New Years 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Soft shell vs hard shell travel case 4 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 4 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis