- 136 Posts. Joined 1/2015
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Telluride - trip timing advice Last post on 3/25/17 at 7:09am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Telluride Parking Last post on 2/23/17 at 7:56pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Telluride Advice Last post on 4/2/17 at 5:26am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Mountain Collective for Pres Day Last post on 1/29/17 at 2:03pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski Adventure Road Trip - Four States in One Week Last post on 1/20/17 at 5:41am in Trip Reports
Altitude Adaptation And Acute Mountain Sickness
Last edited: 10/14/13
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Telluride altitude & o2 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Drink lots of water and keep water and ibuprofin/aspirin on your night stand because you'll wake up in the middle of the night with a headache, dry mouth and a need to pee (if you've been drinking your water).
Not much to add. Plenty of good advise. Especially the water. If you do think you are getting altitude sickness then you might want to consider going to Montrose for a few hours or more as an option. It's not fun and should be taken seriously.
Have a great time.
I've never been to Telluride but spent a lot of time in Summit Co, Co. Same altitude. My main problem was at night. Headachy and trouble sleeping. The cure for me was to drink tons of water. It didn't help the sleeping too much as I was peeing all night, but at least I felt better. It's not perfect, but for most it's only annoying.
- Telluride altitude & o2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › We Heard You! 16 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 22 minutes ago
- › Notification chain as a way to let friends and friends of friends... 28 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 6 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 8 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 1 day, 2 hours ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review