- 135 Posts. Joined 1/2015
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Telluride - trip timing advice Last post on Yesterday at 7:09 am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Telluride Parking Last post on 2/23/17 at 7:56pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Telluride Advice Last post on 2/15/17 at 10:40am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Mountain Collective for Pres Day Last post on 1/29/17 at 2:03pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski Adventure Road Trip - Four States in One Week Last post on 1/20/17 at 5:41am in Trip Reports
Altitude Adaptation And Acute Mountain Sickness
Last edited: 10/14/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Telluride altitude & o2 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Drink lots of water and keep water and ibuprofin/aspirin on your night stand because you'll wake up in the middle of the night with a headache, dry mouth and a need to pee (if you've been drinking your water).
Not much to add. Plenty of good advise. Especially the water. If you do think you are getting altitude sickness then you might want to consider going to Montrose for a few hours or more as an option. It's not fun and should be taken seriously.
Have a great time.
I've never been to Telluride but spent a lot of time in Summit Co, Co. Same altitude. My main problem was at night. Headachy and trouble sleeping. The cure for me was to drink tons of water. It didn't help the sleeping too much as I was peeing all night, but at least I felt better. It's not perfect, but for most it's only annoying.
- Telluride altitude & o2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Skinning vs Cross Country 12 minutes ago
- › In follow up of an ancient thread on "Sweet spot" 12 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood lodging options? 24 minutes ago
- › Powder or corn 24 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 30 minutes ago
- › If you don't wear a helmet, all I can ask is why? 34 minutes ago
- › I'm the person with the first ACL tear on a Knee Binding 44 minutes ago
- › Squaw Valley Lodging 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Are you man enough? K2 VO Slaloms 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview