Now I want to narrow down some suggestions so I can head out and buy some new gear for my next trip in February!
Here's some info, the best I can describe:
- Technique is no way perfect.
- Need to have lessons to improve carving, probably skid a little too much when turning and occasionally loose some of my parallel on steep runs that I struggle to handle.
- have occasionally crossed skis at the tips in the past causing obvious issues - not in a while but this does make me worried about a longer ski that
- get the thrill out of a bit of speed, but don't want to be an idiot that is reckless
- I want something that will help me push on my ability
- Skid for about 3ish years
- Ski mainly in Europe at large resorts.
- 27 y.o Male
- 171cm - 5ft7inches
- 143ish lbs - 65kg approx.
- Custom fitted Solomon XPro 120 boots.
- Mostly ski piste, but do face choppy conditions at larger resorts
- Very little opportunity to demo
Skis that have been put forward to me:
Rossignol Pursuit 700T
Salomon X-Drive 8.0 F
Volkl Code Speedwall S UVO
Volkl RTM 81
Rossignol Experiences 80
Dynstar Powertrack 79
Head i.Supershape Titan
K2 Ikonic (a friend mentioned these today)
Anything I have missed, feel free to offer insight.
I may have not got the widths/lengths right, please feel free to offer advice in these also.
This forum has been amazing so far. Thanks guys for all your input.