Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum so hopefully everything is right, but anyways I am fortunate enough to be returning to Whistler this season for my second time. The first time I went, I had a wonderful experience and I'm super excited to go back. However this time I will be going in the Spring (Early March) as opposed to last time when I went (Early January).
I looked up the March temperatures for the last couple years and it seems that it will be in the 40-50s for the majority of the time I'm gonna be there. I've been skiing basically my whole life (only 21 yrs old tho so not too long of a time haha) around the east coast and a couple west coast powder trips, but only in the winter time so I'm not sure exactly how to prepare for this trip. I've read a couple other forums and done other research but I still have a couple questions hopefully someone can help me with!!
1) The temperature says around 40-50, but Whistler is huge and the temperature will drop as you go up higher in elevation, so will it still be that big of a difference since it will be cooler higher up? Also is spring skiing even be worth it- will there be lots of ice or slush?
2) I read many places that people don't wear helmets in the spring. Being as whistler has some pretty crazy and dangerous runs and I love glade skiing, I don't think I would be comfortable not wearing a helmet. Will this not be okay? Will I get too hot in a helmet?
3) I read many people just wear sunglasses instead of goggles? Is this true? and would it be okay If I still wore my goggles or would I be too hot again?
4) General advice on what to wear! I know lots of people just ski in their t shirts haha, but I would like some genuine layer advice please!
5) Should I invest in spring gloves or is it okay to just wear my regular winter gloves?
6) Any other additional spring skiing advice would be GREATLY appreciated :)
7) Any apres recommendations? :P
Seriously thank you so much to whoever all can help me! It really means a lot!!! I'm super excited for the trip and just want to be fully prepared and make the most of it! <3