Below are the most active subforums. In some cases, the location may not seem obvious. For example, International Zone is under EpicSki Community for discussion of skiing outside North America.
* General Skiing - On the Snow
* Ski Gear - On The Snow
* Resorts, Conditions and Travel - Mountain/Resort
* Fitness, . . ., Injury, Recovery - Ski Training
* Ski Instruction - Ski Training
* Trip Reports - EpicSki Community
* Getting Together - EpicSki Community
* International Zone - EpicSki Community (countries outside North America)
* Family Skiing - Mountain/Resort
* Beginner Zone - Ski Training
Skiing News (in EpicSki Community) and Ask The Boot Guys (in On The Snow) are also active but are special situations since relatively few members start threads in Skiing News and only members of the EpicSki Bootfitter Team can reply in Boot Guys threads.
The simplest way to request moving an existing thread to a different subforum is to click on the Red Flag and write a note, which can be seen by all Moderators. Sending a PM to a Moderator is okay but may mean more of a delay. Threads by new members (<5 posts) may be moved by a Moderator in order to help get more visibility for replies and future readers.
There are many topics that fit equally well in more than one subforum. For instance, someone who is looking for advice about what to take on a trip (Bring skis on a plane? If so, how to bring skis?) could post a thread in General Skiing or "Resorts, Conditions and Travel." For questions that don't seem to have an obvious fit, General Skiing is the best because it's the most active subforum. During the ski season, many members only check selected subforums.