or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Revised Posting Guidelines
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Revised Posting Guidelines - Page 2

post #31 of 53
I thought that was the width?
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

New contest: replacement word for "ski p---". We could start a new tren

 

Ski movie

post #33 of 53
post #34 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
 

Tyler - The prohibition on conversations regarding PMTS sparked another memory of a topic you may want to put the kabosh on: Knee Bindings. As I recall, didn't that end up with a lot of hostility and threatened litigation? 

 

We actually did discuss that last year, but I think for the time being we decided to prohibit the parties involved in the legal proceedings from posting about it and that fixed things for the most part. 

post #35 of 53

Looking forward to clicking into my Knee Bindings and taking a few runs with HH. :)

post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
 

Short skis suck dude..


he's talking about the width....:)

post #37 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post


so ski p??? is banned but bestiality is ok????  :popcorn

post #38 of 53

"At this time this includes discussion related to the PMTS teaching system and it's related terminology."

 

This is horrible. Absolutely indefensible. If you are going to be a communication professional, you simply must learn the difference between "its" and "it's." You have used the latter when you meant to use the former. Look: it's not that difficult. 

 

It's  = it is

Its is a possessive pronoun.

 

Come on!

post #39 of 53
Thread Starter 
Why is it that community announcement threads always seem to devolve into the weirdest discussions on the website?
post #40 of 53

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine View Post
 

"Not everyone is a gnarly old timer with 200 mm boards on their feet to prove they're cool."

 

An ageist, ad hominum attack in the rules....aaack...doublespeak alert.

I'm old, gnarly and have been known to ski old gear and now Epic is impuning my motives my look, my age and my gear.

I like it!

Dumbass stuff......

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

I thought that was the width?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post
 


he's talking about the width....:)

 

 

IDK, I see WAY more gnarly old dudes trying to be cool on 200CM long skinny skis than 200MM fat skis.  Is there even such a thing as a 200MM wide ski?

post #42 of 53

What about movies featuring said topic not to be said? :deadhorse::irony::deadhorse::irony::deadhorse::irony::deadhorse::irony::deadhorse::irony::dunno 

post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IDK, I see WAY more gnarly old dudes trying to be cool on 200CM long skinny skis than 200MM fat skis.  Is there even such a thing as a 200MM wide ski?

 

At 200mm wide it would have to be a snowboard.

post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
 

 

At 200mm wide it would have to be a snowboard.

 

DPS Spoon's are 148mm underfoot, 158mm at the widest point... maybe that's the widest ski? Not too far off of 200. And 200 would be awfully skinny for a snowboard, so it's kind of an in between size.

post #45 of 53

It always amazes me, the turns any given thread may take.

post #46 of 53
I just thought he was exaggerating to make his point.
post #47 of 53

Now I got it! 

They don't want monoskiers posting..brilliant!

post #48 of 53

Wait...Hugh Hefner is a monoskier?!?

post #49 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UllrIsLord View Post
 

"At this time this includes discussion related to the PMTS teaching system and it's related terminology."

 

This is horrible. Absolutely indefensible. If you are going to be a communication professional, you simply must learn the difference between "its" and "it's." You have used the latter when you meant to use the former. Look: it's not that difficult. 

 

It's  = it is

Its is a possessive pronoun.

 

Come on!

 

I have brought shame upon my family and my ancestors. :eek:(

 

It's fixed now. 

post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

 

I have brought shame upon my family and my ancestors. :eek:(

 

It's fixed now. 

 

Darn... you should have written "Its fixed now." ;)

post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

I just thought he was exaggerating to make his point.

 

Yep... but it made me curious what the fattest skis actually are. DPS Spoons were the fattest I could find.

post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
 

PMTS???

 

I had to google it and Precision Machinery Technology Show was the first to come up. What a disappointment as I was expecting something really racy, crude or improper.. Even more disappointing to find a reference to a ski instruction method at the bottom of the page. meh

 

Yeh, my first reaction was what a shame, all these Iraq veteran with PMTS, and we can't even discuss it...  :rolleyes

post #53 of 53
:DQuote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

I just thought he was exaggerating to make his point.


i thought that sort of post was now banned.....:D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Revised Posting Guidelines