or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › I want YOUR input! What makes East Coast Skiers better than west coasters?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I want YOUR input! What makes East Coast Skiers better than west coasters? - Page 2  

post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn W Satch View Post
 

Our beers are better so your point is moot.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
 

Sure there's a difference.  Eastern skiers ski in the east and Western skiers ski in the west.  Mostly.

 

HEY!!!!  What about us in the middle?  We've definitely got better beer (WI, MN, and MI have lots of Germans).  Skiing, though, I dunno.  Maybe we're better than either East or West, because you've got to be really good at quick turns to get in more than 3 of them, going down one of our "hills?"  :dunno

 

So there.

post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGrump View Post
 

 

Looks like you have been paying attention in the bio class. :D

HAHA! Ya and this is the ridiculousness I have gotten out of the experience. God I hate cellular biology. I get that the science is cool but the material makes me want to shoot myself. 

 

Beyond this.....I was just trying to illustrate how silly this thread is. 

post #33 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowObstacle View Post
 

 

 

HEY!!!!  What about us in the middle?  We've definitely got better beer (WI, MN, and MI have lots of Germans).  Skiing, though, I dunno.  Maybe we're better than either East or West, because you've got to be really good at quick turns to get in more than 3 of them, going down one of our "hills?"  :dunno

 

So there.

Well if the east coasters are the A-holes always claiming superiority and we out west are the big richards (thinking we are more rad) you guys are well.........like the taints. Sort of fun but in the middle and not with a whole lot of purpose. No one wants to hang out there for too long cause it doesn't do much but it's fun to make a quick visit there. So ya, you are the taints. 

post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowObstacle View Post
 

 

 

HEY!!!!  What about us in the middle?  We've definitely got better beer (WI, MN, and MI have lots of Germans).  Skiing, though, I dunno.  Maybe we're better than either East or West, because you've got to be really good at quick turns to get in more than 3 of them, going down one of our "hills?"  :dunno

 

So there.


But we here in the west believe in American craft beers, which are better on all accounts. And if you don't like American beers you're basically a commie.

post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro12 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowObstacle View Post
 

 

 

HEY!!!!  What about us in the middle?  We've definitely got better beer (WI, MN, and MI have lots of Germans).  Skiing, though, I dunno.  Maybe we're better than either East or West, because you've got to be really good at quick turns to get in more than 3 of them, going down one of our "hills?"  :dunno

 

So there.


But we here in the west believe in American craft beers, which are better on all accounts. And if you don't like American beers you're basically a commie.

 

Guilty as charged, dude.   I read Karl Marx ("Wages, Prices, and Profits") in two different languages before I was out of high school.   I had a copy of Mao's little red book.  My dad had the collected works of Marx, Lenin, and Mao.

 

And I'll definitely put German, Belgian, heck, even Dutch beer up against all that over-hopped pine-tree-smelling swill that counts as "craft" beer out west.

post #36 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowObstacle View Post
 

 

 

HEY!!!!  What about us in the middle?  We've definitely got better beer (WI, MN, and MI have lots of Germans).  Skiing, though, I dunno.  Maybe we're better than either East or West, because you've got to be really good at quick turns to get in more than 3 of them, going down one of our "hills?"  :dunno

 

So there.

Well if the east coasters are the A-holes always claiming superiority and we out west are the big richards (thinking we are more rad) you guys are well.........like the taints. Sort of fun but in the middle and not with a whole lot of purpose. No one wants to hang out there for too long cause it doesn't do much but it's fun to make a quick visit there. So ya, you are the taints. 


Ok...   That one's going to sting.   Well played.

 

But I would've said West (won't say "west coast,"  'cause CO counts.  Basically anywhere you can wear a cowboy hat and not get snickered at, counts) had lots of both big richards (at least they think they're all that) and a-holes to put them in.  Looks to me like folks in the west are all set to amuse themselves, without any, um, "input" from the rest of us...

post #37 of 41

In the midwesterners defense the truly talented or enthusiastic participant can make the magic happen just about anywhere, even in the mid-taint zone.. But to reach a true climatic event one still has to move forward with either going east or west, generally west for most of us but hey, whatever floats your boat. :) 


Edited by raisingarizona - 11/18/15 at 9:44pm
post #38 of 41

I'm not sure who's better, but when that determination is definitively made you can rest assured that the better group is so because of better helmets.

post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Kronengold View Post
 

I've got my own opinions, but I want to hear yours! What do you guys think? Is it even true? Thanks guys!

This has to be someone with a different username trolling from the other absurd, months long thread, discussing West vs East coast skiing.  No one would start a new thread to get the exact same answers...

 

Or this is someone who doesn't understand how to do a simple East vs West coast comparison search on this site to get thousands of opinions on the matter.

post #40 of 41

As a group, East Coast skiers are just better because the ability of a certain ski instructor from Stowe (who is now banned from this forum), in and of itself, tips the scale in favor of East Coast skiers to a point that West Coast skiers, as a group, will never be able to overcome.  :¨)

post #41 of 41

mod note: This thread is being locked because it is an obvious troll. Hope everyone had their fun. It's not clear if the OP is THE actual Kyle K who works for getskitickets.com

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
This thread is locked  
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › I want YOUR input! What makes East Coast Skiers better than west coasters?