or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EpicSki Moving Forward - Page 5

post #121 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeUT View Post
 


Except all you've done is troll these threads. 


Joe, you shouldn't have felt the need to moderate/edit your own extremely caustic response.

 

I'm not trolling, at all. Please see the other thread for a very heartfelt, thoughtful response on the topic.


With regards to the "funny" post you apparently didn't see the humor in....well, I don't know what to say.

 

Hugs and kisses. Your pal, 


Jed

post #122 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Peters View Post
 


Joe, you shouldn't have felt the need to moderate/edit your own extremely caustic response.

 

I'm not trolling, at all. Please see the other thread for a very heartfelt, thoughtful response on the topic.


With regards to the "funny" post you apparently didn't see the humor in....well, I don't know what to say.

 

Hugs and kisses. Your pal, 


Jed


Edited it for accuracy. Don't know about your entire posting history, do know you've been trolling too much recently to act like a community-lovin' voice of reason. 

post #123 of 146
I heard Phil was recruited by the Korean National Ski Team to be their coach for the next olympics is the newest rumor.
post #124 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by core2 View Post

I heard Phil was recruited by the Korean National Ski Team to be their coach for the next olympics is the newest rumor.

 

South or North? I understand one pays better than the other.

post #125 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post

 

South or North? I understand one pays better than the other.

 



Both, he is going to unite the Koreas and help them dominate the olympics.
post #126 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Proof View Post
 

...I'm a lot more interested in how other members view the future of Epic Ski...

 

Personally, I don't view it any differently now than I did before. I've only been here for about a year, so I don't know where my own participation is headed, or if my interest will stay high, regardless of who is in any leadership position.

 

What I do know, is that it's a great forum with lots of great posters, and is largely responsible for me wanting to progress as a skier. And not knowing many folks here personally, I see many who contribute as much publicly (in my view) as Tricia and Phil do/did. That's not meant to slight them at all, but most of the threads I've read or participated in would have been great without them around here.

 

I think it's heartening in a way that so many folks are upset by the change, because I like there there're real friendships and community built here. But the quality of the forum and tone and sense of community doesn't have to change if people don't want it to in my opinion. I appreciate folks who are asking others to stay patient and not assume the worst, as I don't think I see "the worst" coming or am at least willing to wait to see what does come.

post #127 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzn View Post

NayBreak, JoeUT, please stop spreading insinuations about double-dipping and lofty managed career opportunities from Vail Resorts. Your posts would have been hysterically funny if they were not about two real people. Let's just say that you have no clue.

Unsubscribed.
post #128 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by NayBreak View Post


Unsubscribed.


You are welcome. 

post #129 of 146

So much for the thread being about Tyler (and HBSki) stepping up to try to pick up the huge gap (except reviews) left by the changes driven down from above.  It would seem that many are making a whole lot more out if this than anyone has any control over, and all the bickering...  Guess I have to look at the lighter side of that since it is, well for lack of a better word, Epic (TM?)

 

post #130 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeUT View Post


I don't think Tyler was being condescending, and I don't think people do realize the basics of what he explained. A lot of chatter about "free content" and "I'm taking my content elsewhere", but not a lot of recognition that EpicSki rolled and gave you place to submit that content, which you weren't getting paid for anywhere else, and just generally shoot the $#t, at its own expense. You were here because you wanted to be; don't play victim now. 

Victim? That's sort of funny and not at all how I view my relationship to this site. I took exception to Tyler's need to explain how a site works. We're not dumb. And what I said has nothing to do with Tyler doing a good job fulfilling his job as the main man. I'm guessing he'll do exactly what he said which is fine. I don't expect him to manage the site AND provide content as he's been very clear about his role. That's ok by me if my approval is sought or needed. Hopefully it's not. smile.gif
Edited by markojp - 11/4/15 at 11:50pm
post #131 of 146
@tylrwnzl
Just a simple thanks and keep doing what ya doing.
post #132 of 146

Holy illusions of grandeur.

 

Vail launched Epic Mix.  Lawyers told them they should probably acquire Epic Ski to avoid trademark issues.  Sorry, but they don't really care about this forum beyond that.  All of these conspiracy theories and what have you are laughable.

post #133 of 146
^^^ So then... are you saying Vail didn't shoot Kennedy?
post #134 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by markojp View Post

Victim? That's sort of funny and not at all how I view my relationship to this site. I took exception to Tyler's need to explain how a site works. We're not dumb. And what I said has nothing to do with Tyler doing a good job fulfilling his job as the main man. I'm guessing he'll do exactly what he said which is fine. I don't expect him to manage the site AND provide content as he's been very clear about his role. That's ok by me if my approval is sought or needed. Hopefully it's not. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

Holy illusions of grandeur.

Vail launched Epic Mix.  Lawyers told them they should probably acquire Epic Ski to avoid trademark issues.  Sorry, but they don't really care about this forum beyond that.  All of these conspiracy theories and what have you are laughable.

Ding Ding! Winner!
post #135 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

Holy illusions of grandeur.

Vail launched Epic Mix.  Lawyers told them they should probably acquire Epic Ski to avoid trademark issues.  Sorry, but they don't really care about this forum beyond that.  All of these conspiracy theories and what have you are laughable.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

At the end of the day, as most of us who have been through multiple corporate reshuffles are aware, this is probably very close top the truth.

The recent moves, while deeply unsettling to those involved and disturbing to all of us who spend (probably too much) time here are form a Macro MTN/VR view simply a tidying up, clearing the decks and reducing costs, quite possibly a prelude to starting to wind down the site and hope to transfer at least some participants to other more VR focused sites.

Harsh I know but arguably closer to the truth than we probably would like.
post #136 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post
The recent moves, while deeply unsettling to those involved and disturbing to all of us who spend (probably too much) time here are form a Macro MTN/VR view simply a tidying up, clearing the decks and reducing costs...

 

I'm with you there... seems like it could be plausible.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post

...quite possibly a prelude to starting to wind down the site and hope to transfer at least some participants to other more VR focused sites.

 

But that sounds like quite a reach to me. Nothing at all indicates that there's any desire to "wind down the site". Two people have been let go - they didn't kick out half the users and all the moderators or anything.

post #137 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

Holy illusions of grandeur.

Vail launched Epic Mix.  Lawyers told them they should probably acquire Epic Ski to avoid trademark issues.  Sorry, but they don't really care about this forum beyond that.  All of these conspiracy theories and what have you are laughable.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

At the end of the day, as most of us who have been through multiple corporate reshuffles are aware, this is probably very close top the truth.

The recent moves, while deeply unsettling to those involved and disturbing to all of us who spend (probably too much) time here are form a Macro MTN/VR view simply a tidying up, clearing the decks and reducing costs, quite possibly a prelude to starting to wind down the site and hope to transfer at least some participants to other more VR focused sites.

Harsh I know but arguably closer to the truth than we probably would like.

Ok. I'd like to hear the argument.
post #138 of 146

I, for one, welcome our Tylrwnzl overlords...

post #139 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
 

 

But that sounds like quite a reach to me. Nothing at all indicates that there's any desire to "wind down the site". Two people have been let go - they didn't kick out half the users and all the moderators or anything.


No, but they are starting to cut back on the expenses and cash burn - hence let P&T go.  No need to kick out users they are not a cost item.  Now they have got the costs down pretty much as far as they can go so it is only a blip in the overall results.  However it still diverts some management resources - aka Heather and Co. - and, if it is not driving additional revenues/traffic/business to VR, the next question from the mothership is what the value of having it is.  And if the cost of diverted resource/time is even close to the costs, and the site still doesn't overtly or even covertly help the overall mission, it becomes a no-brainer to either 1) sell it if it ha residual value 2) let it wither on the vine for a short while to let it basically self-destruct or 3) start a controlled (or even sudden) wind-down.

 

No rocket science around it, all pretty basic M&A tactics and ones I have used in past acquisition scenarios. If it is not part of the core business focus you look at how you maximize the revenue/minimize the loss.   Now they have the name locked up, probably the primary driver for the original purchase, and unless they have a plan to unlock additional value visible to the parent (and of sufficient magnitude to justify the diversion of resources and management time) there is minimal upside to keeping it around.

 

Not personal, just business

post #140 of 146

Oh no...not another thread about moving forward! 

 

Oh, wait, ... never mind.     :cool

 

---

 

Not to worry. It's snowing. Life goes on. Skiing will go on. EpicSki will go on. And we may get another great site for enjoying each others' company as a community in the bargain as well. There's room for all. What's the problem?

 

See you all on the slopes.

 

Best regards,

Bob

post #141 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barnes View Post

 

 

Not to worry. It's snowing. Life goes on. Skiing will go on. EpicSki will go on. And we may get another great site for enjoying each others' company as a community in the bargain as well. There's room for all. What's the problem?

 

No one will ever have time to do anything else? 

 

(That's ok, I guess)

post #142 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
 

I, for one, welcome our Tylrwnzl overlords...


Resistance is futile.

post #143 of 146
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post

I, for one, welcome our Tylrwnzl overlords...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters View Post
 
Resistance is futile.

 

post #144 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
 

I, for one, welcome our Tylrwnzl overlords...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters View Post
 


Resistance is futile.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

 

 

 

 

"Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation


We have assumed control
We have assumed control
We have assumed control" - Rush, 2112 (Epicski, 2015)

post #145 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

"Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation


We have assumed control
We have assumed control
We have assumed control" - Rush, 2112 (Epicski, 2015)


And the meek shall inherit epicski... ibid..

post #146 of 146

Yea to TW and his team. Hail Epic! Long live the Community!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home