or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Roller bag that will fit 188cm powder skis?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roller bag that will fit 188cm powder skis?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

So I have a pair of 188cm Super 7s. I like them alot and i really like bringing them on my fly out trips (east coast guy who flys west 2-4 times a year). 

 

Problem, the only bag that will fit them is one that has no wheels. This gets old fast. 

 

Any idea of bags that have wheels and can fit 2 pairs of skis one of which is a 188cm Super 7? The crazy Rocker tip I dont think does me any favors either. 

post #2 of 17

I think the two best are Sync {basically the former SRD bag}, and the Douchebag. 

 

Here's a link to the Sync bag:

 

http://www.syncperformance.com/double-rolling-ski-bag-black-malibu-blue.html

 

Douchebag is a company started by Jon Olson. Absolute top quality bags. They'd done away with the Douchebag logo on the bags, now they just show "DB". 

 

I have a couple of the SRD bags. The guys who won Sync bought SRD. Bags are the same….new colors and graphics. I fly with up to a 196cm Bodacious. Very, very pleased with the bags. A lot of trips. 

 

I have a good friend who's had a supply of the DB's since the first were produced. They're great. Bullet proof. 

 

https://douchebags.com

 

Neither is inexpensive. $230 for Sync, $250 for DB. 

 

I'm sure that people will weigh in on SportTube, and DaKine….both good options, too. 

 

PM me if you'd like to know where you might find a DB at a good price…..auction ongoing right now. 

post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Amazing post
post #4 of 17

Douchebag.  Have been travelling with one for 3 years now; international travel, multiple pairs of skis up to 188cm in length.  Even the name was handy when bag went missing between Denver and LAX......  hard not to miss.

post #5 of 17
+1 on the Douchebag.
post #6 of 17

If you want something a little more affordable, I can vouch for this High Sierra wheeled double bag. Its adjustable at the end so you can fit skis up to 210 in there, or if they are shorter you can fold over and velcro the end down to fit your needs. Its padded around all the sides including top and bottom.

 

Its not a name brand, but my wife bought it for me last year and it turned out great. Flew multiple trips rt from DC to CO, UT, VT, and AK. Still looks new. Its going to AK, WA, Europe, and ID this year. Fits my powder boards just fine. 

 

Plus you can get it on sale for a little over $100 right now. 

 

http://shop.highsierra.com/duffels/high-sierra-wheeled-double-adjustable-ski-bag/53925XXXX.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAsNyxBRDBuKrMhsbt3vwBEiQAdRgPsriP9FGQusoVshj8LIDNyn5xFBgSe5SFhLpJPjW_GZUaAk6r8P8HAQ&kpid=539253062&mr%3AreferralID=debc1603-8177-11e5-a012-005056947d48&source=googleshopping

post #7 of 17

I have the Line Roller Bag.  Been around the world with me a couple times and has held up pretty well.  A couple holes and some wear but it has travelled and not gently.

 

 

Line Roller Ski Bag.  

http://www.the-house.com/li5roll95ca15zz-line-ski-bags.html

 

The douchebag looks really nice though and just might be the one to replace my current bag when time is up.

post #8 of 17

Another vote for the douche bag.  Been very happy with mine.

post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Unit View Post
 

If you want something a little more affordable, I can vouch for this High Sierra wheeled double bag. Its adjustable at the end so you can fit skis up to 210 in there, or if they are shorter you can fold over and velcro the end down to fit your needs. Its padded around all the sides including top and bottom.

 

Its not a name brand, but my wife bought it for me last year and it turned out great. Flew multiple trips rt from DC to CO, UT, VT, and AK. Still looks new. Its going to AK, WA, Europe, and ID this year. Fits my powder boards just fine. 

 

Plus you can get it on sale for a little over $100 right now. 

 

http://shop.highsierra.com/duffels/high-sierra-wheeled-double-adjustable-ski-bag/53925XXXX.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAsNyxBRDBuKrMhsbt3vwBEiQAdRgPsriP9FGQusoVshj8LIDNyn5xFBgSe5SFhLpJPjW_GZUaAk6r8P8HAQ&kpid=539253062&mr%3AreferralID=debc1603-8177-11e5-a012-005056947d48&source=googleshopping


This bag doesnt work. I have two of these for my girlfriend and I (in red and blue) and my 188cm powder skis dont fit in it so i am stuck using a non wheeled bag. 

 

just pulled the trigger on a douchbag thanks. 

post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
 


This bag doesnt work. I have two of these for my girlfriend and I (in red and blue) and my 188cm powder skis dont fit in it so i am stuck using a non wheeled bag. 

 

just pulled the trigger on a douchbag thanks. 

For real?  I am eyeing a bag and this High Sierra Wheeled Double is first one that caught my eye.  So recommendation here is to NOT buy it?

 

Thanks to this thread and a few others I now see the DB bag and this Sync Double bag.  But of course those are like $100 more than the High Sierra.

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum55 View Post

For real?  I am eyeing a bag and this High Sierra Wheeled Double is first one that caught my eye.  So recommendation here is to NOT buy it?

Thanks to this thread and a few others I now see the DB bag and this Sync Double bag.  But of course those are like $100 more than the High Sierra.
Maybe buy a used on on craigs or ebay.

I think it will fit my 188s by themselves but not with 2 skis. Or if the skis didn't have the crazy flared tip they might fit.
post #12 of 17
Dakine Concourse double fit my 191 Caylors

Dakine Fall Line Double might fit 188s, depends on measurement by the ski mfr.
post #13 of 17
Someone on TGR had a used PM Gear/AJ Kitt bag for sale $45 recently.
Mine has held up well and fit 194XXL's with room to spare.
post #14 of 17

My main pair of skis are 193s, so that limits my options to the three I mentioned several posts above.  I'll probably bite the bullet and buy the DB.  It's a one time purchase that I'll have for 10+ years.

post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post


Maybe buy a used on on craigs or ebay.

I think it will fit my 188s by themselves but not with 2 skis. Or if the skis didn't have the crazy flared tip they might fit.

just confirmed it will fit my super 7s in 188cm . 

post #16 of 17

High Sierra makes two wheeled double bags.  The one posted above with "adjustable" in the name.  And another one linked below:

 

http://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-Deluxe-Double-Black/dp/B003R50BK4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1450278839&sr=8-10&keywords=ski+bag+high+sierra

 

Sounds like you are talking about this 2nd one that only fits skis up to 185.  I don't see how the adjustable bag that is advertised to extend out to 215 would have a problem fitting 188s.  Doesn't add up.

post #17 of 17

Yes the high sierra adjustable bag fits skis up to 215. Not sure where the confusion was. I have 185 Armada JJs and / or 188 Rossi Soul 7s in there and still have room for various other things no problem. Just came back from Alaska (to DC) unscathed. Can't beat it for the money. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Roller bag that will fit 188cm powder skis?