I've finally planned a ski trip that I've wanted to take for years—Northern Vermont. Since I've never been there, I turn to you for your advice. Will you offer your thoughts on these questions—as well as anything else you can recommend?
- I've narrowed the list to five resorts—but I have only four days available for skiing. Which of these resorts would you remove from contention?: Stowe, Smugglers' Notch, Mad River Glen, Sugarbush, or Jay Peak.
*Varied terrain is a plus, including the difficult stuff.
- Cost is always a consideration. Because I won't likely return to any resort for a second day, I can't take advantage of any additional-day discounts. Are there any lift-ticket deals to be had?
- Do you usually purchase lift tickets directly from the resort or use another service (like Liftopia)?
- Do you want to get rid of some of those extra tickets?
- Is there a reasonably-priced hotel in the Burlington/Stowe area that you can recommend, the best value for the buck? Burlington's got to be the cheaper option, right?
- Are there routes to the Mad River Valley and Jay Peak area that you would avoid (primarily from Stowe)?
- What would you definitely buy to take home to the poor wife and kids who are staying home while dad risks injury on the slopes? The Ben & Jerry's ice cream wouldn't stand a chance—and not because it would melt!
Thanks for any advice you can offer! Thanks also to everyone who contributed to the Unofficial Guides and Resort Reviews!