or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Honeymoon in Breck - Dec. 2-7 - Page 2

post #31 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post
 

What I learned when my niece rented boots (skied 1-2 days a year at most in middle school and high school) is that even when all the rentals skis are the same, there may be different brands of rental boots.  So if the first pair of boots feels bad, it's worth going to ask for a different pair.  Differences in cuff height made a big difference for her because she's relatively short.

 

As intermediates skiing groomers, having a boot that's a size too large won't be that noticeable if the ski trip is short enough that you don't develop a bruise somewhere.  Have you read the info about shell fit?  If you learn how to take a liner out of boot, can do the check on rental boots to see if in fact they are actually too big.

I read about shell fit and I will make sure to do that when I get to the rental store. If I had to guess, I probably need a boot that runs a little more narrow, are there any particular brands to look for? They are coming to our hotel to fit us for our gear so I want to be able to give them as much info as I can to keep the process relatively short.

post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayneTrain103 View Post
 
I read about shell fit and I will make sure to do that when I get to the rental store. If I had to guess, I probably need a boot that runs a little more narrow, are there any particular brands to look for? They are coming to our hotel to fit us for our gear so I want to be able to give them as much info as I can to keep the process relatively short.


Might as well as ask the rental company when measurements of your feet they find helpful.  I would hope when you rent in that way, they work hard to make sure you are a happy customer.  Only a qualified boot fitter could answer your question and usually they would much rather be looking at you in person when they offer suggestions.  Length and width are only the starting point when it comes to fitting ski boots.

 

I added the tag for Boot Fitting (under Topics Discussed, right hand column).  Read a few of those threads to get a feel for how different the process can be depending on where someone lives, how much they plan to ski, and their ability level.

 

Here's an introduction to ski boots that explains the related terminology:

http://www.mechanicsofsport.com/skiing/equipment/boots.html

post #33 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post
 


Might as well as ask the rental company when measurements of your feet they find helpful.  I would hope when you rent in that way, they work hard to make sure you are a happy customer.  Only a qualified boot fitter could answer your question and usually they would much rather be looking at you in person when they offer suggestions.  Length and width are only the starting point when it comes to fitting ski boots.

 

I added the tag for Boot Fitting (under Topics Discussed, right hand column).  Read a few of those threads to get a feel for how different the process can be depending on where someone lives, how much they plan to ski, and their ability level.

 

Here's an introduction to ski boots that explains the related terminology:

http://www.mechanicsofsport.com/skiing/equipment/boots.html


Thank you for the information and for sending me that link, that was a huge help!

post #34 of 36

Sounds like you have already rented your gear?  I was going to throw A Racer's Edge out there as a place to stop by for rentals.

post #35 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78 View Post
 

Sounds like you have already rented your gear?  I was going to throw A Racer's Edge out there as a place to stop by for rentals.


We went through a travel agent for this one so everything is included but we will be coming back in Feb and will definitely check them out then.

post #36 of 36


So, @DayneTrain103, how's the honeymoon progressing?  Are you enjoying Breck?

 

Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel