We had a similar thread last year @ http://www.epicski.com/t/129453/what-are-your-personal-goals-for-the-2014-15-season.
It was great to see other ideas. Here's my update --
Last Year. 2014-15 Goals. Lots of DNF (Did Not Finish) to be carried over.
1. Complete. Ski 30 days. (i.e. 1 / 12th of the year.)
2. DNF. Encourage my significant other to become a confident, blue-groomer skier. Mostly. Had a set-back, but zooming down easy blues by end of the year.
3. DNF. Attend a FOBP On The Snow class.
4. DNF. Only 4. Earn my turns for 5 days. Or at least semi-earn (shuttling allowed.)
5. Complete. Ski 4 days at Winter Park (i.e. use up my 4 pack.)
6. Complete. Wow! Ski 3 days at Crested Butte. .
7. Complete. Overnight in the Astro van. At least twice.
8. DNF. Spend a night in one of Luvs warming huts. (Prefer Chair 8). Ski by moonlight.
9. Semi-Complete. Not sure I did it without stopping, but form got a lot better. Ski Avalanche Bowl to Zoom (at Luv) with grace and confidence after they are bumped up. And not just in hero snow. Without stopping.
10. DNF. Only 2. Take at least 3 semi-private lessons.
11. Complete. Land a 180.
12. DNF (and Did-Not Attempt)Land a 360.
13. Complete. Drop a 5ft boulder/tree/etc.
14. Complete. Buy real ski boots from a bootfitter.
15. See ListSki (not "negotiate") the following runs at Luv: Complete-Marmot, DNF-Rock Chutes, Complete-Tickler, Complete (no-huck)-No 4 Headwall, Complete-Wild Child, and DNF (Closed most of season after huge avy)-Super Bowl.
16. DNF. Take one "sick day" when it dumps over a foot.
So for 2015-16...Carrying over the following that were DNF.
1. Keep helping my SO have more fun on the hill. Lesson pack already purchased.
2. Attend FOBP On the Snow class.
3. Earn turns for 5 days.
4. Work on bump form and endurance.
5. Take some lessons (2? 3?).
7. Ski Rock Chutes, Super Bowl.
8. Take a "sick day" and ski. (Particularly, ski Vail for the first time.)
9. Don't get hurt!
10. Ski 30 days. (Part of "ski my age for as long as I can.")
11. Complete my 4 planned ski vacations in some fashion.
- 3 days with Mom and sister @ Copper.
- 3 days at Crested Butte with the crew and their families.
- SW Colorado Ski Safari in the Astro van.: http://www.epicski.com/t/143080/southwest-colorado-ski-safari-beta-on-monarch-wolf-creek-purgatory-silverton-powderhorn
- Long weekend at the 'Ghee / JH and visiting friend in Driggs.
12. Ski 5 new resorts from the following list: Monarch, Wolf Creek, Purgatory, Silverton, Powderhorn, Grand Targhee, Jackson Hole, Vail, Taos.
13. Reserve e-tow cabin at Loveland on my 30th birthday. Have silly amounts of fun.
More to come?