or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new two ski quiver

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Looking for a new two ski quiver for coming season and somewhat leaning towards the following:

K2 AMP rictor 90 or 82

K2 Annex 108

However stumped on length leaning toward 177 in the AMP and 184 in the Annex.  Most skiing will be at Mission Ridge (Wenatchee, WA) and some trips to Stevens Pass, Crystal Mountain and Whistler.  I am an advanced skier 6.1" 175lb and like to go fast on the groomers (GS turns) and ski trees, pow and steeps, basically the Annex is for fresh deeper snow days. Any suggestions?

post #2 of 13
I'm not a k2 fan at all. My go to firm snow ski for this winter will be the head monster 88- amazing carver, on groomers, etc. My 108 ski is the line supernatural for soft broken snow. Probably pretty good for pow but I use something fatter for that. If sticking to 2, Id go surfier then my SN108, maybe something like a ski logic howitzer, Rossi soul 7, dps 112, liberty helix or variant, line sick day 110, or kastle bmx108. Sorry, but not a k2 fan. Their sister brand line much better IMHO.
post #3 of 13
I have the 82XTi and love it. It might be the best ski I have ever had, but we're still in the honeymoon period. Let's just say it was great last winter where we didn't have our normal conditions, but had a lot of firmness and what I think of as "marble cellulite". I spent slightly over half of my 81 days on them. In spite of the early rise, they don't have much chatter, unlike my Hell and Backs. Not sure about that length for you. I might go longer.
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by layooski View Post

Looking for a new two ski quiver for coming season and somewhat leaning towards the following:
K2 AMP rictor 90 or 82
K2 Annex 108
However stumped on length leaning toward 177 in the AMP and 184 in the Annex.  Most skiing will be at Mission Ridge (Wenatchee, WA) and some trips to Stevens Pass, Crystal Mountain and Whistler.  I am an advanced skier 6.1" 175lb and like to go fast on the groomers (GS turns) and ski trees, pow and steeps, basically the Annex is for fresh deeper snow days. Any suggestions?

No reason these won't work well for you. If you're looking for affirmation though, that's a tough one. Everyone here has some pretty specific thoughts on what the ideal two ski PNW quiver might be. Matter of fact, I might have different choices for Mission and Crystal alone. smile.gif


(Maybe a Monster 88 and a BMX 105? Of course I don't own either, so I'll just have to make do.)
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 

Yeah, 4 ski quiver would be the way to go ;)  Was looking at the Monsters, however they are new this year so a bit pricey....or are they in essence a rebadged REV?

 

Any suggestions on length though for the ski's mentioned?

post #6 of 13

Atomic Vantage 90CTi and ON3P Billy Goats

post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by layooski View Post
 

Yeah, 4 ski quiver would be the way to go ;)  Was looking at the Monsters, however they are new this year so a bit pricey....or are they in essence a rebadged REV?

 

Any suggestions on length though for the ski's mentioned?

Recommended length will depend on your height, weight and skill level.

post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 

Aware of that, however hoped the description in initial post explained that somewhat.  Guess I should have asked if the Annex 108, AMP 82 and 90 skied long or short with me being an advanced skier at 6.1" 175lb kinda leaning towards 177 in the 82 and 90 and 184 in the Annex or both in 184....any people skied these and have some ideas? 

post #9 of 13
Mission? Longer ski is ok, but you're on the right track with the 177
Edited by markojp - 10/11/15 at 8:05pm
post #10 of 13
It depends on how maneuverable you want them vs. how much you want them for speed. Like I said, I'd go longer for you based on my own experience with mine. I like the length I got.. now. But I found it felt sort of short initially. If I were to replace the skis today, I'd buy a longer length. I'm an older woman and skiing the 170. I assume you're younger and stronger, so the 177 would be a minimum, but to me, you should go longer. Unless of course you want these for the trees and need the manageability. I generally don't ski "real trees" with these because I'm not in the trees unless the snow is good. I might take them in Good Med, however.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by layooski View Post
 

Yeah, 4 ski quiver would be the way to go ;)  Was looking at the Monsters, however they are new this year so a bit pricey....or are they in essence a rebadged REV?

 

Any suggestions on length though for the ski's mentioned?

Monsters are NOT rebadged Rev's, completely different animals. 

 

I think you're right on the lengths, 177 for the narrower skis and 184 for the 108's. Now do you want the 82 or 90? 

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 

Thanks!  Yeah, figured that would be the case on the Monsters...if I couldn't get some last year models cheap than they would have been an option ;)  Mmmmmm....82's set me for a 3 quiver....mmmmmm!!! 

post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by layooski View Post

Thanks!  Yeah, figured that would be the case on the Monsters...if I couldn't get some last year models cheap than they would have been an option wink.gif  Mmmmmm....82's set me for a 3 quiver....mmmmmm!!! 

A Head Rev85pro is a great ski for Mission. You should be able to find some great deals on them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion