- 1,504 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Big Bear 2016-2017 Last post on Today at 12:43 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mammoth Mountain for 2015-2016 Last post on 8/27/16 at 6:37pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mammoth buys Big Bear and Snow Summit Last post on 9/29/14 at 6:28pm in Skiing News
- What to expect in mammoth? Last post on 5/16/15 at 10:38am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Bear Mountain Evacuated Due To Gun Wielding Lunatic Last post on 2/12/13 at 8:53pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Snow Valley Mountain Resort, Running Springs, CaliforniaLast edited: 6/1/14
- Unofficial Guide of Bear Mountain, Big Bear Lake, CaliforniaLast edited: 3/24/16
- Snow Summit, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/6/13
- Big Bear, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 3/24/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Big Bear 2015-2016 - Page 10post #271 of 3372/26/16 at 5:46pmHow is SS? Thinking about heading up tom. First day of skiing this yr
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3372/26/16 at 7:29pm
My friend Garry Klassen was at Snow Summit Wednesday and thought it was very good. It softened up by about 10:30AM.
With the current weather I think Garry's experience was greatly enhanced by there being very few people. This allows some snow surfaces to stay smooth, corn up, and not get chewed up too fast by skier traffic. I suspect it might not ski so well on a weekend.post #273 of 3372/27/16 at 6:15pm
Skied both BBMR on Thursday-Friday, very good spring conditions with frozen corduroy becoming edgeable early then getting a bit slushy on the flats in the afternoon and low, low traffic weekdays. Shot this video of a friend going old school Thursday morning.post #274 of 3372/29/16 at 9:05pmThread Starterpost #275 of 3373/1/16 at 10:37am
I'll probably post this in the Mountain Collective thread too.
The new 2016-17 MC passes are on sale and now ALL Mammoth resorts are included. That means, unlimited 50% off at June, and Big Bear too. Plus if you have kids 12 and under, they're only 1.00!!
Mammoth Resorts (Mammoth Mountain and June Mountain in Eastern California; Bear Mountain Resort and Snow Summit Resort in Southern California) rn California)post #276 of 3373/9/16 at 11:44ampost #277 of 3373/10/16 at 7:03pmpost #278 of 3373/11/16 at 4:38ampost #279 of 3373/11/16 at 8:40am
I wonder how the crowds will be this weekend?? Have most people given up yet??
Anyhow, if everything works out OK for me, I'll be up there Tue. March 15 in case anybody is able to make that day too.post #280 of 3373/11/16 at 8:42pm
I was there today with my kids and we had a good time. They are still beginners so the conditions weren't a big factor. It was quite soft and slushy by mid-day and I don't think it would have been that fun on harder runs.
Also: It was definitely less busy. And they weren't charging for parking either.post #281 of 3373/12/16 at 5:37pmpost #282 of 3373/12/16 at 7:07pmpost #283 of 3373/15/16 at 7:23pmThread Starter
We are determined enough to get our money's worth ... I left for Colorado and BB got snow, you are welcome. Now I come home and CO is getting snow. Apparently, i have been bad enough to piss off the snow Gods. Either way, we will ski this weekend. If anyone else is trucking up, let me know.
BTW Have you seen the prices for next season??? it's a bit crazy! The deals are gone.post #284 of 3373/15/16 at 7:34pm
Tue: 3/15 Snow Summit report
Got their at 9 and started skiing at 9:30. First run was off miracle mile/summit run. Snow was so hard I thought my teeth feelings would shake loose.
Skied over to Chair 7(far left side). Again, one of my favorite runs at SS. The snow was softened up over here. It was skiing well with slightly larger crowds for a Tuesday morning. I left there around 11:00 because it was getting to soft here too.
Skied chair 6 for the next 2:30 hours. Skied "Olympic" and the "Wall" over and over. Now chair 6 is NOT running so you need to traverse back down to chair 1 but no big deal. These were skiing by far the best today. Even with above avg temps., the snow was still above avg. Only the traverse to chair 1 was a slush pit.
Overall, snow is still good but not great. I'd give today a 7.5/10 for conditions. I had a free ticket so it was worth it to mepost #285 of 3373/15/16 at 8:10pmpost #286 of 3373/15/16 at 8:25pmpost #287 of 3373/15/16 at 8:29pmpost #288 of 3373/15/16 at 8:39pmpost #289 of 3373/15/16 at 8:45pmpost #290 of 3373/19/16 at 12:13ampost #291 of 3373/19/16 at 5:23ampost #292 of 3373/19/16 at 10:40amQuote:
I got a flyer in the mail to renew my Cali4nia pass from March 21-24 for $699. The resort credit deal this year is that if you put $100 on it they give you $15 more on it.post #293 of 3373/19/16 at 5:54pmpost #294 of 3373/19/16 at 9:46pmThread StarterQuote:
The $699 deal doesn't include any buddy passes or resort credit - so it's a considerably worse "deal" than last season. I am extremely unhappy with the Mammoth management and their treatment of the BB locals and volunteers. So I will not be giving them one cent more than necessary to ski my local resorts. I am buying the dual mountain pass which does come with some buddy passes. My last time skiing Mammoth will be the week of April 4th because I already have plans with friends. After that, I will take all my ski trips anywhere except Mammoth.post #295 of 3373/20/16 at 9:56amThread Starter
My mistake. Initially, their website listed the $699 as "lift only," but they seem to have changed that. It does include buddy passes and discounts - just the resort credit has gone away.post #296 of 3373/21/16 at 10:25ampost #297 of 3373/21/16 at 10:45am
Resort credit has not gone away. It was reduced from 20/25% to 15/20% for standard/premium passholders.
The 3 day window made me a little nervous too, as I was out of the country March 1-19 with zero online access March 4-12.post #298 of 3373/21/16 at 10:22pmQuote:
Interestingly, I called Snow Summit this morning and was told the lift only pass doesn't include any perks like buddy passes.
Am getting a Cali4nia pass for Mammoth (including remainder of this season) and Snow Summit, now I've only been in SoCal for 4 1/2 years. Despite 35 ski days so far, this Wednesday looks to be my first SoCal ski day at Snow Summit! Still yet to go up to Mammoth... But hope very soon now.post #299 of 3373/22/16 at 12:36amNot sure whether I should pay for MVP next yr. I'm barely breaking even this year. Didn't even get a chance to use up my resort credit.
I'm thinking MCP next year - like to check out Whistler. Couple of free days at Mammoth would be nice. The only down side is having to pay for SS/BB.post #300 of 3373/22/16 at 7:22amThread Starter
Color me red! Although I was a BBMR pass holder for years, I am not eligible for the 3 day deal! I'm only eligible for the 3 day renewal deal on the Cali4nia pass! Now, if I had never upgraded in the first place I would be eligible for the deal on the dual mountain pass! That makes no sense! Oh well, at least now, I can wait until after payday! It's only $20/each so it's not a financial burden really. It's the principal. I have been very unhappy with the way Mammoth has treated locals but was planning to hold my tongue. So here goes, this will be my last day as BBMR Epic Ambassador, let me share the "improvements" Mammoth resorts has made this year:
- USARC volunteers used to receive a season pass, one comp ticket for friends for each day volunteered, and a 50% discount on food. They now receive only one comp day for each day volunteered. 8 volunteer days required. No season pass; no food discount.
- Ski Patrol volunteers used to receive the same as above but lunch was complimentary. They now receive same as above.
- I know there are volunteer instructors also, but I do not know what the deal is because I do not know any other than the USARC instructors.
- Disabled parking at SS (my DH is a disabled skier) used to be plentiful and in front of what is now the children's center and the upper VIP lot. It is now down the hill and is actually one of the furthest parking areas from the ticket office. Fortunately my DH is able to walk and does not depend on a wheelchair. I'm not sure how they get up that hill when it's icy!
- Season pass holders received a 20% discount on all food and in the shops. They now receive no discount on food and 10% in shops if spending more than $100.00
- Weekend parking in the lot is $20.00 - cash only - which means the traffic jam on Summit Blvd starts at 7:30 AM - one hour before the resort opens. Mainly because everyone is trying for the few "free" spots and the limited parking on Summit Blvd.
- eliminated the "early get away" vouchers which drastically increased afternoon crowding
- Raised the number of daily tickets sold
ETA: I don't mean to be totally negative. I forgot - they put some plastic plants in View Haus!
Edited by mustski - 3/22/16 at 7:43am
This thread is locked
- Big Bear 2015-2016
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Snow Valley Mountain Resort, Running Springs, California
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 7 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 19 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 48 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer