Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tips for Planning Family Ski Trips from flatlands (Midwest, SE, Mid-Atlantic, NJ/NYC/CT/RI, Ontario) Last post on 9/22/16 at 12:16pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Stowe, Sugarloaf or Killington over New Year's with 11 y.o.[from RI] Last post on 12/2/15 at 1:28pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Utah in February with family...confused where to go!?!? Last post on 9/24/16 at 2:59pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Seeking input on No. Vermont [from Columbus, OH] Last post on 9/27/16 at 7:43am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
Top 10 "Expert" Ski Runs In the New England
Last edited: 11/29/15
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young SkiersLast edited: 4/20/11
- How To Plan A Family Ski VacationLast edited: 9/7/14
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Where to go for ski vacation in New England? - Page 4post #91 of 942/12/16 at 1:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 942/16/16 at 2:52pmThread Starter
Well, we only managed to get in a day trip to Sugarbush. The day that we went was good though, there was a lot of untracked powder in the glades. Most of the trails had good cover, but there was a trail that we did called Lixie's Twist which was a mix a snow and dirt, and there was a trail called organgrinder from the summit that was really icy. Overall better than I expected.post #93 of 942/17/16 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by mrB17
Well, we only managed to get in a day trip to Sugarbush. The day that we went was good though, there was a lot of untracked powder in the glades. Most of the trails had good cover, but there was a trail that we did called Lixie's Twist which was a mix a snow and dirt, and there was a trail called organgrinder from the summit that was really icy. Overall better than I expected.
I'm going to be the adult that gives you a hard time for some poor teenage judgement here. Going into the woods at Sugarbush this past week was an incredibly bad idea. The reason you found untracked lines is because the locals know its not safe in there, so we are all staying out. While there may have been some fresh snow, it doesn't mean there was enough for the woods to be safe. There needs to be a solid 3-4 foot base on most woods before they are decently skiable. There are some glades that you can get by with as little as 2 feet of dense base, but that's only if you know the glade well and are prepared and well skilled to deal with things. The fresh coating of snow last week actually made the woods more dangerous, not safer, since it was light snow that was just enough to cover up most hazards so they couldn't be seen, but not enough to keep you from hitting them.
Check out this article. Sobering, but a good lesson to learn from someone else, instead of learning it yourself. This happened a month ago, when there was more snow around than there is now.post #94 of 942/22/16 at 9:16am
Skied Okemo Friday, Sat & Sun. Great conditions for the year we're having. Much warmer then the previous weekend. BTW, my nose is peeling from the frost bite, not like that hasn't happened before.
Saturday got a little suntan going. The snow softened a little, it didn't freeze hard Saturday night so Sunday was fun on the fat skis. The Gotama's plow right through that soft snow.
Over the 3 day's I had a few lift rides as a single and talked with the day trippers. I didn't hear one person say they were having a bad time or it was to icy.
We had a very light mist mid morning on Saturday, lasted about 5-10 minutes. If you looked up to Killington you could see the dark clouds there. I asked the house mate who teaches there on Saturday's if they had rain, she confirmed they did.
Seems this year they're getting more rain then Okemo. I couple weeks back we went up to the Pasta Pot for dinner in Sat night. I noticed Ludlow had more snow on the ground then the area around the Skye Ship Gondola.
Hopefully Killington gets some snow soon, I have 3 free passes to use up.
- Where to go for ski vacation in New England?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young Skiers
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 6 minutes ago
- › Dreamin' about ski season 7 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 7 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 14 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 28 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer