or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lake Tahoe Group Packages?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Anyone happen to know of a company that offers a group deal including hotel, lift tickets, gear rental, etc.?

post #2 of 8

Just about resort does that, and you get savings from it.  Whether or not the end bundle of items is worth it to you, or you want more modest accomodations or even lower quality discount rental equipment  is something you have to evaluate though.

 

So for example, If you want to ski heavenly, then go to skiheavenly.com, click on plan a trip and away you go.

 

Also, how big of a group are you talking about?  Unless you are 20+ you are not really a group.  Which begs the question, do you really want to take responsibility for planning a group trip.  

post #3 of 8
Mt. Rose usually has pretty good deals that include lodging, (you'd off course be staying in Reno). Depending on when you are skiing you may be able to get two for one, ladies 1/2 off, veterans, i believe they even used to offer discounts for season passes from other resorts... Not sure about group deals. They are usually pretty good about listing all deals in one place on the website.
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytseng View Post

Just about resort does that, and you get savings from it.  Whether or not the end bundle of items is worth it to you, or you want more modest accomodations or even lower quality discount rental equipment  is something you have to evaluate though.


So for example, If you want to ski heavenly, then go to skiheavenly.com, click on plan a trip and away you go.


Also, how big of a group are you talking about?  Unless you are 20+ you are not really a group.  Which begs the question, do you really want to take responsibility for planning a group trip.  

There are places like ubski for Colorado that gets everything in order for your group, regardless of size (we had 6 last time), and reserve a condo, provide lift tickets, etc. The weeky condo rental is split between all parties. Picked up lift tickets and gear rental pass at condo. That's what I'm looking for. We're flying in from out of state and it would be nice to have it all taken care of.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teedub View Post


There are places like ubski for Colorado that gets everything in order for your group, regardless of size (we had 6 last time), and reserve a condo, provide lift tickets, etc. The weeky condo rental is split between all parties. Picked up lift tickets and gear rental pass at condo. That's what I'm looking for. We're flying in from out of state and it would be nice to have it all taken care of.

I did once ride a lift w/ a guy at Tahoe who did something along those lines.  I realize this does not help you, but I'm just confirming that it did exist (I guess at least keeping your hopes up for now).

post #6 of 8
Ubski seems to be targetted to college party folks. I don't see what you're gaining except knowing you're going to be potentially on the same itinerary as a bunch of other college people.

If you're just looking to get stuff booked in 1 shot for convenience, and have it all handled just book through the resort.

Even if you still are a college person, time to grow up a bit and learn how to plan a trip on your own

Tahoe has a good hotel volumerather than just condos and housrs, so there's less of a requirement to find a single house place/condo and split it, unless that's the experience you are looking for.
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytseng View Post

Ubski seems to be targetted to college party folks. I don't see what you're gaining except knowing you're going to be potentially on the same itinerary as a bunch of other college people.

If you're just looking to get stuff booked in 1 shot for convenience, and have it all handled just book through the resort.

Even if you still are a college person, time to grow up a bit and learn how to plan a trip on your own

Tahoe has a good hotel volumerather than just condos and housrs, so there's less of a requirement to find a single house place/condo and split it, unless that's the experience you are looking for.

Lol. Solid post.

Planning a trip for a group that lives over a thousand miles a way and wanting most aspects taken care of prior to our arrival so we don't waste time must make me immature. I don't have time to make sure every person in our group has their affairs in order individually.

Derp.
post #8 of 8
I apologize if prior post taken the wrong way, but check yourself, i'm not the one not knowing how to do something and needing or asking for help.
Not sure if you're winning friends by insulting those trying to help you.
If you don't like a post, why are you compelled to reply, why don't you just ignore it.

I didn't call you immature, I said you need to grow up and learn life skills, even someone who's middle aged or older should learn more life skills. Half if not all are people on this site are looking for information, and including how to plan a trip over in the trip planning subforum. However, I suppose though your last post also proved something about you.

Anyway, my last post take it or leave it.

Go click around at the resorts trip planners, then can you post what is missing or what you are stuck deciding.
I dont get what is missing from a resorts trip planner. They already handle everything exactly as you said you needed.

If you're not sure, after picking the resort, you get on the phone and CALL them, and the person at the resort will help guide you through the process if you need the extra help, and they will comfort you and let you know they got everything handled for your package.

If really millenials are overwhelmed by choice and can't plan a trip from a resorts site but go to another site that makes it easier just by reducing choice,making it easier by telling you what trip to go on, those guys deserve all their money for the next 20years.
Edited by raytseng - 9/23/15 at 10:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion