- 379 Posts. Joined 8/2004
- Location: Golden, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBig Skytagged by Trekchick, 9/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- When/where to buy Big Sky 2017/18 season pass ? Last post on 3/22/17 at 9:41am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best glades at Big Sky Montana? Last post on 2/27/17 at 1:23pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Do you have to ski first day of the pass? Last post on 2/9/17 at 11:13pm in General Skiing Discussion
- A Ski Resort Grows Under an Expansive Montana Sky Last post on 1/11/17 at 10:44am in General Skiing Discussion
- Xmas Holiday Ski Experiences Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Big Sky just got 16"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The year it snowed 13" here on Halloween was a total bust of a winter. That 13" turned out to be the biggest storm of the year in Southern New England.
I remember that snow. The season sucked.
'05 or '06 maybe?
I think it was around march of '07 (my last winter in VT) that it dumped something like 5 feet in just over 24 hrs. Couldn't get out of my driveway till noon. Collapsed the roof on a local barn and killed a few dairy cows. I don't remember much else about the rest of that season, but the '03/'04 early season at Sugarbush was the best of my 4 years in the valley!
If it was Revelstoke they would be counting the snowfall as part of the 2015-16 season regardless of melting.
Did Whitefish get any precipitation? So many haters on this thread for early snow - I'll take a 16" dump any day, even if it already melts off!
- Big Sky just got 16"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 3 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 4 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 12 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 14 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 17 minutes ago
- › Binding off center question. 19 minutes ago
- › 2018 Demo Day results: Sierra At Tahoe demo 24 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 27 minutes ago
- › Any old AFRC dudes out there? 38 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 45 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview