2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming?... Winter.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBlue Knobtagged by marznc, 10/4/15
- itemBoyne Highlands Resorttagged by marznc, 9/16/15
- itemChestnut Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 12/12/15
- itemHoliday Valleytagged by marznc, 10/3/15
- itemIndianhead Mountaintagged by marznc, 12/28/15
- itemMount Bohemiatagged by marznc, 9/21/15
- itemNub's Nobtagged by marznc, 9/16/15
- itemSnowshoetagged by marznc, 10/4/15
- topicWeathertagged by tylrwnzl, 9/23/15
Related Forum Threads
- Where is everyone going to ski this season in the Midwest? Last post on 1/12/14 at 4:05pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016-2017 Midwest Season...What's new? Last post on 10/19/16 at 5:25am in General Skiing Discussion
- Seeking input on No. Vermont [from Columbus, OH] Last post on 9/27/16 at 7:43am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Today at 8:25 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Cold enough for snowmaking in Michigan! Last post on 11/18/14 at 11:29am in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Yesterday
- Blue Knob Pennsylvania Unofficial GuideLast edited: 4/1/16
- Northern Hemisphere Snow Statistics Since 1967Last edited: 12/9/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? - Page 3post #61 of 28510/13/15 at 10:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 28510/14/15 at 4:06amQuote:Originally Posted by LunaDeathStryke
thanks! I'm only on greens and blues right now.. more of the blues as of the end of the season but I'm still careful since I had 2 epic falls this year.. :/ But, my bf asked if I wanted to take a snowboard lesson when we go and I said yeah it probably wouldn't hurt. I may get another lesson in here locally just for carving is all I really need help on.. I can gain speed fine, crossing the mountains from side to side fine, but that carving makes me nervous.. sure in fresh powder.. no problem but with the ice.. I just loathe the ice so much... It scares me lol.
I'm pretty stoked for Utah and can't wait to go but man.. it can't come soon enough! My bf rides blacks so he usually rolls with me for a couple times and then we go our separate ways. He's been to Park City I think twice? So he knows it better than I do and Snowshoe.. When we went to Snowshoe in Feb this year he took me around and told me where to go and if I get lost just ask someone how to get back to the top of the mountain so..
When you do go out west you have to take pictures and let us know how epic your trip was.post #63 of 28510/14/15 at 6:16amQuote:
Of course!! For Xmas, I'm getting my bf a GoPro since he has been wanting one for quite some time.. So that's all he gets though.. We're splitting a Xbox One together for each other haha.. and his birthday is a few weeks prior to that.. Bastard ;) So we will have video.. pics.. etc.
4 months to go as of yesterday :p We leave Feb 13-18 for Park City. Still trying to find a decent place to stay at so far haven't found what we want yet.post #64 of 28510/14/15 at 8:30ampost #65 of 28510/15/15 at 10:40am
My own weather concern:
I took a look at the 1997/1998 El Nino (http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/techrpts/tr9802/tr9802.pdf)
Dismal for Wisconsin at almost +10 degrees for December - February. Only one El Nino, but if this were to happen again I think it would cause serious issues for some of the local resorts. Last year many resorts had 20-30 inch bases. A significant rain event, which seems possible, would be problematic with that little base leeway.post #66 of 28510/15/15 at 3:46pmpost #67 of 28510/16/15 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #68 of 28510/16/15 at 2:59pmI'm in MI so I know this is just the local weathermen getting warmed up for another winter of exaggeration. Every 2" sniwfall will be the storm of the year, 3" is the decade. By their track record this will be a flake in the air to a light momentary dusting.
No I'm not being negative... I'm positive about this.
Cone on snow and proove me wrong!post #69 of 28510/17/15 at 5:04amThread Starterpost #70 of 28510/17/15 at 7:43ampost #71 of 28510/17/15 at 8:16ampost #72 of 28510/17/15 at 1:09pmpost #73 of 28510/17/15 at 1:10pmpost #74 of 28510/18/15 at 10:01amThread Starterpost #75 of 28510/18/15 at 5:44pm
It's cold in VA but not cold enough to snow yet. Usually doesn't until maybe November or December if we're lucky. But season starts November 27th I think? Ugh.. so ready to hit the mountains again.. I miss it :(
Awesome pics of the snow everyone.. I am so jealous!post #76 of 28510/28/15 at 8:25am
Looks like Bohemia is pushing hard again to get into the Semifinals for the Powder Ski Town Throwdown. Only one more voting period to go. Only need to beat Jay Peak. Per usual, a somewhat odd selection and geographical grouping of "ski towns" but it's all for fun and doesn't have much to do with terrain, but more to do with social media networking and enthusiasm. That's why often #1 seeds get beat early.post #77 of 28510/28/15 at 4:47pmpost #78 of 28510/28/15 at 8:35pm
Quite right, but it makes for good fun on Facebook. The contest has been going on for several years. The first time Bohemia was something like a #8 seed. It's pretty clear Bohemia has very dedicated core supporters who pay attention when asked to vote online.post #79 of 28510/30/15 at 12:41pm
I am a ski instructor at alpine valley, in southeast Michigan. its not the newest, nor the biggest, but its home to me. as such, I'll keep you all updated on all the happenings there, in addition to the outher places in se Michigan. i'll see you all on the slopes!post #80 of 28510/30/15 at 9:09pmpost #81 of 28510/31/15 at 6:28pmpost #82 of 28511/2/15 at 2:17pmpost #83 of 28511/2/15 at 2:19pmpost #84 of 28511/2/15 at 5:14pm
Same in Wisconsin. The November outlook is less-than encouraging: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/30day/off15_temp.gif
Hoping something changes, but at the moment sometime in December looks possiblepost #85 of 28511/4/15 at 6:23ampost #86 of 28511/7/15 at 4:23pmpost #87 of 28511/12/15 at 4:39ampost #88 of 28511/12/15 at 7:21am
It's always a tough decision where to go living in SE Wisconsin. It's 7 hours to Bohemia, 8 hours to Lutsen, and 15 hours to Summit County. It's hard to beat the deal at Bohemia if you buy the season pass the first weekend of December, half the drive to Summit, not nearly the price, and has some comparable thrills to out west.post #89 of 28511/12/15 at 7:42ampost #90 of 28511/12/15 at 4:47pmQuote:
I would recommend joining the "Snowboarding Discussions, Gear and Instruction" subforum. (:
If you mean starting your own website there are a number of free forum templates like phpBB.
I think the main challenge with online social projects is developing a vibrant and positive community. IMHO that is something EpicSki has done a great job inculcating. I wish you good luck if you decide to embark on this difficult endeavor.
kslass - we have to catch some turns together this season!
This thread is locked
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Blue Knob Pennsylvania Unofficial Guide
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 4 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 5 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 6 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 6 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 6 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 6 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 7 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Bode News 7 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer