New Hampshire openings updated: http://www.epicski.com/t/142652/2015-16-northeast-region-stoke-weather-news-chat/60#post_1935091
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAttitashtagged by whenwaxattacks, 2/20/16
- itemCannon Mountaintagged by marznc, 10/8/15
- itemKillingtontagged by marznc, 10/8/15
- itemMad River Glentagged by lakespapa, 2/14/16
- itemMagic Mountaintagged by marznc, 10/8/15
- itemMount Sunapeetagged by lakespapa, 2/14/16
- itemOkemo Mountaintagged by lakespapa, 2/16/16
- itemStowetagged by marznc, 10/8/15
- itemSugarbushtagged by marznc, 10/8/15
- itemSugarloaftagged by marznc, 10/8/15More
- itemSunday River Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 10/8/15
- itemWildcattagged by marznc, 12/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- East Coast Suggestions Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:19pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Best Resort In the East Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:52pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Signature Runs Last post on 4/18/14 at 9:16am in General Skiing Discussion
- Vermont Skiing in late March? Last post on 1/28/14 at 3:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- Top 10 "Expert" Ski Runs In the New EnglandLast edited: 11/29/15
- There's Something About Skiing New HampshireLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2015-16 Northeast Region Stoke, Weather, News, Chat - Page 5post #121 of 81711/22/15 at 8:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 81711/22/15 at 6:36pmpost #123 of 81711/23/15 at 2:36amThread StarterQuote:
Yes — OTS has the info, for sure.
Their projected openings page doesn't always correspond to what resorts are projecting — but open or closed they should get right.post #124 of 81711/23/15 at 4:38amQuote:
Even resort websites aren't updated often enough. Hopefully in another couple weeks, we won't have wonder about the Opening Date for most ski areas because the lifts are spinning already, at least on weekends.post #125 of 81711/23/15 at 5:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by marznc
Even resort websites aren't updated often enough. Hopefully in another couple weeks, we won't have wonder about the Opening Date for most ski areas because the lifts are spinning already, at least on weekends.
I'm counting on it!
Were I inclined that way, I'd be praying for it (though I'd ask my Catholic friends whether it were blasphemous).post #126 of 81711/23/15 at 6:31ampost #127 of 81711/23/15 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #128 of 81711/23/15 at 4:46pmpost #129 of 81711/23/15 at 5:07pmQuote:Is the season getting off to a rocky start or have we been spoiled that past couple of years?
I'd say we've been spoiled the last couple of years. I think three years ago, the first skiing we did was in Utah when we visited our daughter and her family for Christmas. It'll happen.post #130 of 81711/23/15 at 5:11pmThread Starterpost #131 of 81711/24/15 at 4:26ampost #132 of 81711/24/15 at 5:01amThread Starterpost #133 of 81711/24/15 at 5:12amThread Starter
Okemo opens today.post #134 of 81711/24/15 at 10:57amThread Starter
Update for Sunapee season pass holders (I'm the only one, maybe).
The Sunapee season pass works at Okemo, but Okemo is going RFID — this in a recent email:
Okemo has installed a new RFID lift access system this season. Their season passes are embedded with a chip that activates access gates at each lift. Season passes issued at Mount Sunapee will not work at Okemo. In order to ski and ride at Okemo the first step is to pick up your pass at Mount Sunapee. The first time you ski and ride at Okemo you need to present your season pass at the Resort Services Desk. They will issue you a season pass for Okemo embedded with an RFID chip.
You will have two season passes, one to use at Mount Sunapee and one for Okemo Mountain.post #135 of 81711/24/15 at 1:30pm
Trail expansion and openings this weekend
It looks like some resort out there have been aggressive with this recent cold snap in opening up and increasing trail count. Sunday River looks like they will have quite a bite open, Stowe top to bottom, Wildcat top to bottom, Killington trail expansion over to snowdon. But I am disappointed with the opening weekend Sugarbush is going to have. Only skiing the top half of the mountain and basically two trails. If Stowe can offer top to bottom skiing why can't Sugarbush?post #136 of 81711/24/15 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by nhskier1969
Trail expansion and openings this weekend
It looks like some resort out there have been aggressive with this recent cold snap in opening up and increasing trail count. Sunday River looks like they will have quite a bite open, Stowe top to bottom, Wildcat top to bottom, Killington trail expansion over to snowdon. But I am disappointed with the opening weekend Sugarbush is going to have. Only skiing the top half of the mountain and basically two trails. If Stowe can offer top to bottom skiing why can't Sugarbush?
Any idea when Sugarbush started snowmaking at their base?
Stopped by to look at the base of Gore and Whiteface today. Gore only started snowmaking at the base today. Maybe only last night for the upper mountain based on what a local in North Creek said. Whiteface bunny hill is still very thin on one side but clearly won't be a problem to have enough snow by opening day on 11/26. More or less top to bottom since only the only upper lift that will be open in the gondola.post #137 of 81711/24/15 at 3:26pmpost #138 of 81711/24/15 at 6:12pmpost #139 of 81711/24/15 at 6:16pm
Whiteface set to open on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26. Good thing Thanksgiving is late this year. Couldn't have opened any earlier. I have lift tickets for friends and family for Sat.
Whiteface website update as of 11/24/15, 4:45pm
Opening Thursday, winter is here! We will open this Thursday November 26th at 8:30am with Excelsior, Summit, Express, Upper Valley, Lower Valley, Fox, Mixing bowl.
Looking up Fox and under gondola
Mixing Bowl bunny slopepost #140 of 81711/25/15 at 8:26amThread Starterpost #141 of 81711/27/15 at 11:37amThread Starter
Demo days updated (re: Okemo): http://www.epicski.com/t/142652/2015-16-northeast-region-stoke-weather-news-chat/60#post_1930065post #142 of 81711/27/15 at 2:26pm
Was in Peru Vt. for Thanksgiving. Bromley had blown snow top-to-bottom on Twister and top-to-halfway on Corkscrew (that's as far as it goes). Everything else was brown. Stratton seemed to have a few trails covered. Magic, alas, had nothing. It was 60 degrees today when we left. I'm targeting my 1st day at Friday 12/18, possibly Sunapee. Hey lakespapa, maybe I'll see you there? ~ Tom(inator)post #143 of 81711/27/15 at 3:16pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Tominator
Was in Peru Vt. for Thanksgiving. Bromley had blown snow top-to-bottom on Twister and top-to-halfway on Corkscrew (that's as far as it goes). Everything else was brown. Stratton seemed to have a few trails covered. Magic, alas, had nothing. It was 60 degrees today when we left. I'm targeting my 1st day at Friday 12/18, possibly Sunapee. Hey lakespapa, maybe I'll see you there? ~ Tom(inator)
Gosh, not on a Friday. Teaching sucks (until it doesn't).
We are skiing the following Friday, though, Xmas day — and I'll be out before and after, and it'll be Sunapee, since my pass works holidays there.post #144 of 81711/30/15 at 5:50amThread Starter
Skied two short days (Friday/Saturday) at Okemo — limited WROD, five trails (stretching the definition), about 8% open, very spring conditions on Friday (60 degree high) with decent coverage; Saturday firming up and thinning out. They'll be making new snow this week with night temps dropping into the 20s.
Spent a lot of time last year at Stratton. At this point, if I remember right, they were 30% open. Different year. December models are looking warm, according to Open Snow.post #145 of 81711/30/15 at 1:33pmHere in Pittsburgh we have no winter weather going on and I watched an Accuweather clip and the forecaster didn't see much of a chance for significantly colder temps to occur within the next two weeks. Depressing weather, little too cold and damp for golf and way to warm for snow making.
Heading to Colorado the 11 the through 16th so feel very lucky. Hopefully when I get back more winter like temps will be taking placepost #146 of 81711/30/15 at 2:02pmThread Starterpost #147 of 81711/30/15 at 3:32pmpost #148 of 81711/30/15 at 5:10pmThread Starterpost #149 of 81712/1/15 at 7:17am
News that Hunter is being sold to Peak Resorts. That means some sort of reciprocal agreement for Hunter season pass holders and pass holders at Wildcat, Mt Snow, and other Peak holdings.post #150 of 81712/3/15 at 1:24pm
Whiteface is celebrating on Sun, Dec.13 with a coat and toy drive. Cold enough for snowmaking on the upper mountain during the day this week. Added Essex to the open trails.
Belleayre plans to be open Dec. 4, 5, 6 with intermediate/advanced terrain only. Will close for a few days for more snowmaking and open again on Dec. 10 for a long weekend. What happens after that will depend on the weather.
* * *
Santa Skis for Free at Whiteface
Join Whiteface for some holiday spirit and fun. On Sunday, December 13th, all Santas ski for free. Come dressed as Santa, participate in our group photo and ski for free all day. Don't have a Santa costume? Donate a gently used coat or a new toy for a child and receive 50% off your lift ticket. We are teaming up with the Boyscouts and United Way of the Adirondacks to distribute your donations to families in need.
Two Ways to Save Big at Whiteface on Sunday, December 13th
#1 Free Lift Ticket – for all those wearing a Santa Costume
#2 Donate a coat or toy – get 50% off your lift ticket
This thread is locked
- 2015-16 Northeast Region Stoke, Weather, News, Chat
- In Praise of the Anti-Resorts
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 2 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 4 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 6 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 16 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 20 minutes ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 24 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 25 minutes ago
- › Where HAVE you skied? 31 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 35 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 35 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer