Have you ever read the magazine?
- topicSkiing Historytagged by Laurel Hill Crazie, 9/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- May-June issue of Skiing History now online Last post on 6/8/16 at 9:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- First Skiing History Day at Whistler Last post on 2/29/16 at 8:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- January-February issue of Skiing History is in the mail, with memorial to Stein Eriksen,... Last post on 1/21/16 at 11:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- November-December issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 11/30/15 at 3:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Sept-Oct issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 10/17/15 at 11:19am in General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
- Hannes Schneider Father Of Modern SkiingLast edited: 4/27/11
- New Skis 1944 By Ott GanglLast edited: 4/27/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
POLL: Skiing History
Poll Results: Have you ever read Skiing History magazine?
30 Total Votespost #1 of 109/14/15 at 7:53amThread Starterpost #2 of 109/14/15 at 11:25ampost #3 of 109/14/15 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 109/14/15 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #5 of 109/14/15 at 5:24pm
10% (3)Yes, I subscribe.
13% (4)Yes, I've read it, but don't subscribe.
6% (2)I've seen it, but didn't read it.
70% (21)Never heard of it.
0% (0)Liked it, and would subscribe if it cost less.
0% (0)Would subscribe if it cost a LOT less.
I actually just got a copy in the mail so I am in the process of reading it. It'll take me a few more morning poops to get through but I like it so far, especially the piece on Dave McCoy.post #6 of 109/14/15 at 5:33pm
Wow, only 2000? That's a crime but I guess more people are interested in the upcoming season than seasons past. Skiing History is the only ski magazine I subscribe to. I get Ski along with it but really, the internet kinda killed topical magazines. Much more timely information here than in a magazine that went to print last month and distributed next month. You cannot find the kind of content you find in Skiing History online. The journalism is first rate and I find most of the stories fascinating. It is about the only publication I read cover to cover.post #7 of 109/14/15 at 7:18pm
Seth, I haven't really seen your mag, so take my comments with a large grain of salt. What would I like to see? Really great, thoughtful, almost literary articles... certainly more than 500 words sitting on the pot type of stuff in Ski and Skiing. Great photo repro's, old adds, etc..., interviews with some of the folks that are still living that brought classics like the Look Nevada to market, etc... And graphically beautiful. Ski Journal is beautiful. In a nutshell, a high quality (both visual and content wise) bi-annual or quarterly. And yes, I think there's room for a great print magazine IF the content and quality are sorted out. Powder's 40th anniversary issue is a case in point. The print copy is a collectable. The on line is a glance and a headache, and I'm not even close to needing bi-focals.post #8 of 109/14/15 at 7:31pmpost #9 of 109/14/15 at 8:56pmThread StarterQuote:Really great, thoughtful, almost literary articles... certainly more than 500 words sitting on the pot type of stuff in Ski and Skiing. Great photo repro's, old adds, etc..., interviews with some of the folks that are still living that brought classics like the Look Nevada to market, etc... And graphically beautiful.
Mark, I guess you'll just have to see the magazine. That's exactly our formula.
Also, since we publish year-round, we can actually cover what happened at the tail end of the competition season.
Here's the table of contents for the last issue:post #10 of 109/15/15 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Seth Masia
Small circulation. About 2000. Nonprofit, no advertising. See http://skiinghistory.org
Didn't even know there was a ski history magazine, but it sounds interesting; I will subscribe. Say, are you the Seth Masia? As a hard core ski enthusiast growing up in Ohio, Ski magazine was very important to me in the 80s, and I was a big fan of your writing. If you are involved with this publication I'm sure it will be of the highest quality.
- POLL: Skiing History
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski
- › Race Boot Recommendations 10 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer