Have you ever read the magazine?
- topicSkiing Historytagged by Laurel Hill Crazie, 9/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- May-June issue of Skiing History now online Last post on 6/8/16 at 9:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- First Skiing History Day at Whistler Last post on 2/29/16 at 8:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- January-February issue of Skiing History is in the mail, with memorial to Stein Eriksen,... Last post on 1/21/16 at 11:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- November-December issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 11/30/15 at 3:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Sept-Oct issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 10/17/15 at 11:19am in General Skiing Discussion
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
- Hannes Schneider Father Of Modern SkiingLast edited: 4/27/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
POLL: Skiing History
Poll Results: Have you ever read Skiing History magazine?
30 Total Votespost #1 of 109/14/15 at 7:53amThread Starterpost #2 of 109/14/15 at 11:25ampost #3 of 109/14/15 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 109/14/15 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #5 of 109/14/15 at 5:24pm
10% (3)Yes, I subscribe.
13% (4)Yes, I've read it, but don't subscribe.
6% (2)I've seen it, but didn't read it.
70% (21)Never heard of it.
0% (0)Liked it, and would subscribe if it cost less.
0% (0)Would subscribe if it cost a LOT less.
I actually just got a copy in the mail so I am in the process of reading it. It'll take me a few more morning poops to get through but I like it so far, especially the piece on Dave McCoy.post #6 of 109/14/15 at 5:33pm
Wow, only 2000? That's a crime but I guess more people are interested in the upcoming season than seasons past. Skiing History is the only ski magazine I subscribe to. I get Ski along with it but really, the internet kinda killed topical magazines. Much more timely information here than in a magazine that went to print last month and distributed next month. You cannot find the kind of content you find in Skiing History online. The journalism is first rate and I find most of the stories fascinating. It is about the only publication I read cover to cover.post #7 of 109/14/15 at 7:18pm
Seth, I haven't really seen your mag, so take my comments with a large grain of salt. What would I like to see? Really great, thoughtful, almost literary articles... certainly more than 500 words sitting on the pot type of stuff in Ski and Skiing. Great photo repro's, old adds, etc..., interviews with some of the folks that are still living that brought classics like the Look Nevada to market, etc... And graphically beautiful. Ski Journal is beautiful. In a nutshell, a high quality (both visual and content wise) bi-annual or quarterly. And yes, I think there's room for a great print magazine IF the content and quality are sorted out. Powder's 40th anniversary issue is a case in point. The print copy is a collectable. The on line is a glance and a headache, and I'm not even close to needing bi-focals.post #8 of 109/14/15 at 7:31pmpost #9 of 109/14/15 at 8:56pmThread StarterQuote:Really great, thoughtful, almost literary articles... certainly more than 500 words sitting on the pot type of stuff in Ski and Skiing. Great photo repro's, old adds, etc..., interviews with some of the folks that are still living that brought classics like the Look Nevada to market, etc... And graphically beautiful.
Mark, I guess you'll just have to see the magazine. That's exactly our formula.
Also, since we publish year-round, we can actually cover what happened at the tail end of the competition season.
Here's the table of contents for the last issue:post #10 of 109/15/15 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Seth Masia
Small circulation. About 2000. Nonprofit, no advertising. See http://skiinghistory.org
Didn't even know there was a ski history magazine, but it sounds interesting; I will subscribe. Say, are you the Seth Masia? As a hard core ski enthusiast growing up in Ohio, Ski magazine was very important to me in the 80s, and I was a big fan of your writing. If you are involved with this publication I'm sure it will be of the highest quality.
- POLL: Skiing History
- EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 28 seconds ago
- › Bad idea to practice on 27m skis before a 30m race? 1 minute ago
- › MA my bump skiing 1 minute ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 7 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 25 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Custom built skis? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Great older skis 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › How much of Blackcomb is likely to be open last week in April/1st... 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview