We are the editors of Skiing History magazine. We'd like to know what kind of articles would grab your attention if you spotted them in the magazine.
- topicSkiing Historytagged by Laurel Hill Crazie, 9/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- May-June issue of Skiing History now online Last post on 6/8/16 at 9:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- First Skiing History Day at Whistler Last post on 2/29/16 at 8:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- January-February issue of Skiing History is in the mail, with memorial to Stein Eriksen,... Last post on 1/21/16 at 11:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- November-December issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 11/30/15 at 3:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Sept-Oct issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 10/17/15 at 11:19am in General Skiing Discussion
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
- Hannes Schneider Father Of Modern SkiingLast edited: 4/27/11
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
POLL: Skiing in the 1970s -- Skiing History magazine asks for feedback
Poll Results: Regarding skiing in the 1970s, would you read an article on:This is a multiple choice poll
22 Total Votespost #1 of 79/13/15 at 1:15pmThread Starterpost #2 of 79/13/15 at 3:19pmpost #3 of 79/13/15 at 3:20pm
54% of voters (12)Alpine racing and racers
68% of voters (15)Freestyle and extreme skiers
4% of voters (1)Nordic and freeheel skiing
77% of voters (17)History of equipment and fashion
36% of voters (8)Ski town culture
9% of voters (2)Ski teaching and patrolling
27% of voters (6)Mountain environment and climate
68% of voters (15)Ski resort history and personalities
63% of voters (14)Ski films, photography and art
Yes, it does seem like one poll would have done the trick. I don't know if people tailored their answers based on the decade so much as Seth did here and there.post #4 of 79/13/15 at 4:44pmpost #5 of 79/13/15 at 5:45pm
I would love to see someone take the 50+ years of Warren Miller movies and condense/edit them to the most historically useful 8 or 10 hours documenting the evolution of recreational skiing for some kind of DVD set. Seems like there would be a mother load there of interesting film on resorts, technique, gear, personalities, apres, etc.post #6 of 79/13/15 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesj
I would love to see someone take the 50+ years of Warren Miller movies and condense/edit them to the most historically useful 8 or 10 hours documenting the evolution of recreational skiing for some kind of DVD set. Seems like there would be a mother load there of interesting film on resorts, technique, gear, personalities, apres, etc.
You have to start with John Jay first. I believe he was the first one to do the ski film lecture circuit.
- POLL: Skiing in the 1970s -- Skiing History magazine asks for feedback
- EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 46 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 48 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Before and after 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › When is Spring Break CO 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › New Rossignol Black Ops Ski 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview