We are the editors of Skiing History magazine. We'd like to know what kind of articles would grab your attention if you spotted them in the magazine.
- topicSkiing Historytagged by Laurel Hill Crazie, 9/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- May-June issue of Skiing History now online Last post on 6/8/16 at 9:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- First Skiing History Day at Whistler Last post on 2/29/16 at 8:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- January-February issue of Skiing History is in the mail, with memorial to Stein Eriksen,... Last post on 1/21/16 at 11:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- November-December issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 11/30/15 at 3:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Sept-Oct issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 10/17/15 at 11:19am in General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
- Hannes Schneider Father Of Modern SkiingLast edited: 4/27/11
- New Skis 1944 By Ott GanglLast edited: 4/27/11
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
POLL: Skiing in the 1970s -- Skiing History magazine asks for feedback
Poll Results: Regarding skiing in the 1970s, would you read an article on:This is a multiple choice poll
22 Total Votespost #1 of 79/13/15 at 1:15pmThread Starterpost #2 of 79/13/15 at 3:19pmpost #3 of 79/13/15 at 3:20pm
54% of voters (12)Alpine racing and racers
68% of voters (15)Freestyle and extreme skiers
4% of voters (1)Nordic and freeheel skiing
77% of voters (17)History of equipment and fashion
36% of voters (8)Ski town culture
9% of voters (2)Ski teaching and patrolling
27% of voters (6)Mountain environment and climate
68% of voters (15)Ski resort history and personalities
63% of voters (14)Ski films, photography and art
Yes, it does seem like one poll would have done the trick. I don't know if people tailored their answers based on the decade so much as Seth did here and there.post #4 of 79/13/15 at 4:44pmpost #5 of 79/13/15 at 5:45pm
I would love to see someone take the 50+ years of Warren Miller movies and condense/edit them to the most historically useful 8 or 10 hours documenting the evolution of recreational skiing for some kind of DVD set. Seems like there would be a mother load there of interesting film on resorts, technique, gear, personalities, apres, etc.post #6 of 79/13/15 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesj
I would love to see someone take the 50+ years of Warren Miller movies and condense/edit them to the most historically useful 8 or 10 hours documenting the evolution of recreational skiing for some kind of DVD set. Seems like there would be a mother load there of interesting film on resorts, technique, gear, personalities, apres, etc.
You have to start with John Jay first. I believe he was the first one to do the ski film lecture circuit.
- POLL: Skiing in the 1970s -- Skiing History magazine asks for feedback
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski
- › Head Advant edge 125 Formfit boots 18 seconds ago
- › Winter tires - which model to choose ? 19 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 42 minutes ago
- › Senior Skiers 1 hour ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Most Aggressive Race Tune you ever skied? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › New skis! [for Colorado to replace MX83] 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Epic Discussion Starter 2 hours ago
- › Scariest run you've ever done ? 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Jackets that fit over the helmet? Multisport too? (Vermont) 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis