We are the editors of Skiing History magazine. We'd like to know what kind of articles would grab your attention if you spotted them in the magazine.
- topicSkiing Historytagged by Laurel Hill Crazie, 9/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- May-June issue of Skiing History now online Last post on 6/8/16 at 9:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- First Skiing History Day at Whistler Last post on 2/29/16 at 8:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- January-February issue of Skiing History is in the mail, with memorial to Stein Eriksen,... Last post on 1/21/16 at 11:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- November-December issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 11/30/15 at 3:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Sept-Oct issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 10/17/15 at 11:19am in General Skiing Discussion
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
- Hannes Schneider Father Of Modern SkiingLast edited: 4/27/11
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
POLL: Skiing in the 1970s -- Skiing History magazine asks for feedback
Poll Results: Regarding skiing in the 1970s, would you read an article on:This is a multiple choice poll
22 Total Votespost #1 of 79/13/15 at 1:15pmThread Starterpost #2 of 79/13/15 at 3:19pmpost #3 of 79/13/15 at 3:20pm
54% of voters (12)Alpine racing and racers
68% of voters (15)Freestyle and extreme skiers
4% of voters (1)Nordic and freeheel skiing
77% of voters (17)History of equipment and fashion
36% of voters (8)Ski town culture
9% of voters (2)Ski teaching and patrolling
27% of voters (6)Mountain environment and climate
68% of voters (15)Ski resort history and personalities
63% of voters (14)Ski films, photography and art
Yes, it does seem like one poll would have done the trick. I don't know if people tailored their answers based on the decade so much as Seth did here and there.post #4 of 79/13/15 at 4:44pmpost #5 of 79/13/15 at 5:45pm
I would love to see someone take the 50+ years of Warren Miller movies and condense/edit them to the most historically useful 8 or 10 hours documenting the evolution of recreational skiing for some kind of DVD set. Seems like there would be a mother load there of interesting film on resorts, technique, gear, personalities, apres, etc.post #6 of 79/13/15 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesj
I would love to see someone take the 50+ years of Warren Miller movies and condense/edit them to the most historically useful 8 or 10 hours documenting the evolution of recreational skiing for some kind of DVD set. Seems like there would be a mother load there of interesting film on resorts, technique, gear, personalities, apres, etc.
You have to start with John Jay first. I believe he was the first one to do the ski film lecture circuit.
- POLL: Skiing in the 1970s -- Skiing History magazine asks for feedback
- EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › EpicSki expiration date bug 1 minute ago
- › Farewell 8 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 11 minutes ago
- › Canting, LLD and counter-intuitiveness 15 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 27 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 31 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole or Steamboat 35 minutes ago
- › Tyranny of Fat 44 minutes ago
- › The MAX Pass 2017-18 for 44 areas: Whiteface, Gore, Killington,... 46 minutes ago
- › We're all just passing through... 47 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review