1. A daily driver western NY Holiday valley, Holimont 750 vertical feet ,(trees, icy moguls, and a little park).
2. Obviously moguls and trees any steeps or challenges to be found in this little area groomed runs almost as fast as anyone on the hill.
3. Ski at home 30-40 days. Hopefully get ten days of trips out west and one or two trips to bigger mountains in the east.
4. Realistically I am an advanced intermediate. I ski my home hills quite well, but as soon as I leave this area, it doesn't take much to humble me.
5. 5'8" 140lbs. 45 yrs old with legs that are getting stronger, but toothpicks nonetheless. I think this is where I don't fall into normal ski recommendations.
I had Sin 7's 164 cm and loved them,and probably will end up with another pair, but there must be another brand or model out there that would do as well or better. I currently own Soul 7's but they are 172cm and not ideal at anything ( not nimble as I would like in moguls or treesnot fat enough in thick powder) The S3 was just the most unconscious easy ski I have ever laid my hands on. What brands and or models should I be looking into for that confidence boosting lightweight huge sweet spot easy on the legs short skiing noodle that puts a smile on my face. I wouldn't be looking if I hadn't sold these other skis to support some friends into getting bit by the ski bug. I just have to believe that someone has made an improvement over the old S3's for me.