Ditto on @Coach13's advice. You're in Lafayette so trot on over to the Adam's Premium Car Care shop in Louisville (587 So. Taylor; 1-866-965-0400) and pick up:
1. some free advice
2. Adam's Detailing Clay Bar (always good to have to remove minor imperfections and things on the paint like sap, etc.; use after washing damaged surface; spend a lot of time with this step but don't use a lot of pressure)
3. Bottle of Adam's Detail Spray (spray on surface before using clay bar to allow clay bar to move smoothly over surface)
4. Meguire's (or some other light rubbing compound); to follow clay barring
5. Adam's Paint Correcting Polish - to follow rubbing compound
6. Adam's hand car polish applicator (2 - one to apply rubbing compound, and one to apply polish)
7. some microfiber towels to dry and further polish surface
8. a good easy to apply car wax, such as Adam's Buttery Car Wax or a non-Adams product like Turtle Ice Wax, or Collonite wax - to follow polish
All good products to have on hand to keep you car looking good and protected from crap like mag chloride.
I've no affiliation with Adam's; just like their products to take care of my cars.