Hey gang, I'm putting together my parts stash for a new bike build, and looking at the following lightweight road wheels.
If you've tried 'em, would love to know if you had any problems, loved 'em, hated 'em and why, etc.
Also, if there are others you'd add to the list, feel free to suggest, thanks!
My wheel candidates:
- Fulcrum Zero
- Campy Shamal (sister wheel to the Zero, but with faster C.U.L.T. bearings)
- Mavic Ksyrium SLS
- Shimano DA 9000 C24
- Lightweight, under 1500g/set
- Aluminum (carbon wrap is fine, but not essential)
- Stiff, excellent sprinting and climbing for 175-lb+ guys
- Smooth, easy-spinning hubs
- Easy to service hubs (if service is needed)
- Durable rims that can take hard training without going out of true easily
- Sub-$750 for the set (all of these can be had for that on a good sale)
- Compatible with Tubeless (nice to have, but not a gotta have)
Thanks for your insights if you've used some or all of these wheels.
Happy riding. :)