Hi - I have a couple of friends planning to do a Club Med ski vacation this winter to Europe, and I thought a thread here might get them some suggestions, tips, or other things to think about.
Has anyone here done Club Med ski vacations? I found one older thread (http://www.epicski.com/t/65657/club-med , from 2009), but not much else. Any tips about arriving, leaving, particular resorts, restaurants, other activities, etc. would be appreciated. As well as some notes on the skiing of course, though they aren't at the level many folks on here are.
Some details :
1) Mid-January dates, for a week, flying into Geneva or Lyon (and would like to stay within a few hours of those)
2) He's a solid intermediate skier, and she's a beginner, though not a never-ever, and tends to pick things up quickly.
3) They're planning to get out a couple of times here (mid-Atlantic) before the trip, mainly for her to get more comfortable.
4) So as far as skiing, appropriate terrain, nice views, and basic cruising are plusses
5) Nice village is important, especially the restaurants - they're definitely "foodies"
6) They travel a lot, so it's not like this is a once in a lifetime trip to Europe or anything - more something unique and fun to do
Right now, they're leaning toward Valmorel, France. I took a look and it seems like an nice village and appropriate terrain with the opportunity to have some nice days/evenings in the village too.
Other Club Med options they're considering are :
Les Deux Alpes
L 'Alpe d'Huez la Sarenne
Aime La Plagne
If anyone's got any thoughts on that, or on Valmorel, they'd appreciate it (and I would too...)