A few years ago, I demo'ed about 17 to 18 different skis in the 95 to 105 waist width category. The Prophet 98 was one of my favorites (demo'ed it 3 times), but finally went with the Head Rev 98. If it matters, I'm 5'9.5" and 185# and selected the 177 Rev 98.
Compared to the Prophet 98, I felt the Rev 98 was better off-piste. Comparing the two skis:
* The Rev 98 wide tip planes up out of fresh powder better than the Prophet 98's tip, so I like the R98 much better in fresh powder than the P98.
* The Rev 98 is more nibble, which means it's easier to pivot in tight places than the Prophet 98
* The Rev 98 is probably a little stiffer than the Prophet 98, although I found both skis to be excellent in PNW crud
* The Prophet 98 was better on groomed slopes than the Rev 98, although the R98's groomed snow performance improved greatly after I put my own 1&2 tune on it (I have a nice collection of tuning tools)
Other similar skis to the Prophet 98 and Rev 98 that I liked during my testing were the Blizzard Bonefide and Nordica Enforcer. The Volkl Mantra and Rossignol Experience 98 were also really nice skis and somewhat similar to the Prophet 98, just too stiff for me. All these skis have been redesigned since I demoed them. Here's what I know about the new versions...
* The Head Rev 98 has been replaced by the new Monster 98. Supposedly the new Monster 98 is an upgrade over the R98, which I find to be rather amazing. The Rev 98 can still be bought new at a discount, although good luck trying to demo it.
* The new Nordica Enforcer is an upgrade over the older Enforcer - don't know how
* See Ski Essentials post above about the new Bonefide
* The Volkl Mantra has been redesigned, making it softer in flex
* The Rossignol Experience 98 has been replaced by the Experience 100. Supposedly the Experience 100 skis better off-piste than the E98 and may be softer in flex. The Experience 98 was really good on-piste, perhaps the best of the group that I tested, but I found other skis to be better for me off-piste.
Unfortunately, I never got a chance to demo the Rev 85. However, what I've been able to read is that the Rev 98 is stiffer in flex than the Rev 85 - YMMV.